usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6923

"The captain of one U.S. vessel was in the process of giving the order to shoot when the Iranian ships began turning away, CNN said.

A radio transmission from one of the Iranian ships said, "I am coming at you. You will explode in a couple of minutes," CNN reported, citing a U.S. official.

After the threatening radio communication, U.S. sailors manned their ships' guns and were very close to opening fire, it said."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080107/ts_ … an_ship_dc

----------------------

I am sure this is just a preview of more to come.
Ben0
The Last Gunslinger
+38|6536|Southampton
Really.... not surprised. Its gonna happen eventually.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6919|Argentina
WW3?  Aren't you exaggerating a little bit?  Nevertheless, it must have been a tense situation there.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6691|Global Command
How'd you like to be Iranian Navy right now;

" Hey Sahib, get on the radio and threaten that U.S. navy ship and to really piss them off act like you're going to ram them..."

Stupid fuckers.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6923

sergeriver wrote:

WW3?  Aren't you exaggerating a little bit?
Did you miss history class in school?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6919|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

WW1 ok, but invading Poland isn't a minor episode.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6923

sergeriver wrote:

Well, I see it as the snowball effect.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6991|Grapevine, TX
As they say Shit rolls down hill... From their crazy President to the Commanders of those boats. Glad to hear this was avoided, but this will obviously put all US Forces on a higher alert when facing Iranian Forces.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6327
WWIII is close
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6919|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Seeing it that way, everything's possible.  Anyway, these are the same guys who kidnapped 15 Brits last year, so I'm not surprised.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6314|what

The Brits were kidnapped.
The Aussies swore abuse.
The Americans manned their guns.

Next step...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
CameronPoe
+2,925|6717
Enjoy the queues at the petrol pump.
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6639|Liverpool, England
Well they need somthing to start a war.

There WILL be a war with iran/china in the next decade.

RAWR!
Hakei
Banned
+295|6157

AnaalDuck wrote:

RAWR!
Fuck yes MEC Vs. China.

That will be a great map, AK - xxx's all round.

Oshi, I got two wrong ends of the stick.

Last edited by Hakei (2008-01-07 07:41:18)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6971|Nårvei

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Not much snow in the middle east USM ... duh !!
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6691|Global Command

Hakei wrote:

AnaalDuck wrote:

RAWR!
Fuck yes MEC Vs. China.

That will be a great map, AK - xxx's all round.

Oshi, I got two wrong ends of the stick.
He means Chine and MEC vrs. the USA, rawr.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6627|Melbourne - Home of Football
I guess this is the only kind of brinkmanship a state like Iran can afford.

The Strait of Hormuz, being only about 33km's wide (21 miles) and carrying a significant percentage of the world's petroleum supply, is obviously a vital waterway, and one that being so close to Iran, they would want to secure. With the US Navy there, that's an impossibility. There's been Iranian - US conflict on the Strait before, and I'd predict it'll happen again, I don't think anyone would bet the Iranians will come off better if fighting does break out. But crucially, how would that be seen by the eyes of the world, and Iran's arab neighbours?
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6269|Birmingham, UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

History is my favorite and best subject...
Skorpy-chan
+127|6507|Twyford, UK
Americans were perfectly justified, but shoulda just turned the CIWS guns on them. I wanna see what 20mm APDS rounds do to a speedboat.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6161|...

sergeriver wrote:

WW3?  Aren't you exaggerating a little bit?  Nevertheless, it must have been a tense situation there.
exxagarating, hah?

russia & iran have a mutual defense pact, if iran gets shit, russia gets shit, if russia gets shit, america gets more shit. if russians shit on america, europe will have to shit on russia, etc.

lots of shit, resulting in a cycle which will end in a nuclear holocaust.

No exxagaration.

It will happen eventually anyway.
inane little opines
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6726|Area 51

dayarath wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

exxagarating, hah?

russia & iran have a mutual defense pact, if iran gets shit, russia gets shit, if russia gets shit, america gets more shit. if russians shit on america, europe will have to shit on russia, etc.

No exxagaration.

Isn't that ''mutual defence pack'' known as the Warschau Pact? If not ignore the following, but I heard on the news a couple of days ago that Moscow is wanting to break off the Warschau Pact. Thus meaning, if Iran gets shit, only Iran gets shit.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6805
The army has already engaged the quds, and won.  Border skirmishes
IRONCHEF
+385|6652|Northern California
Oh boy!  Bill 'the bloody' Kristol and Dick Cheney will be frothing at the mouth on their Fox interviews today!!
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6161|...

RDMC wrote:

dayarath wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

exxagarating, hah?

No exxagaration.

Isn't that ''mutual defence pack'' known as the Warschau Pact? If not ignore the following, but I heard on the news a couple of days ago that Moscow is wanting to break off the Warschau Pact. Thus meaning, if Iran gets shit, only Iran gets shit.
This defense pact was a Russia/Iran/Syria pact originally intended to balance the power in the middle east or so, I'm not sure wether this was still part of the warschau pact whilst the data was uncovered not too long ago.
inane little opines
PureFodder
+225|6447
Erm, the Iranian vessels were in international waters, they have just as much right to be there as the US vessels. Iranians were bad because they were allegedly dropping white boxes which is agressive, the US vessels were good and defensive by aiming guns at the Iranians?

The Radio message stuff comes direct from unnamed officials, making it as credible as alien abduction stories. The US are claiming Iran are being agressive, yet it is US vessels sitting off the Iranian coast not the other way around. The US are clearly the aggressors by default, anything the Iranian navy does just brings them up the US level.

Just for fun, here's some quotes from the article:
"...the Pentagon said.." "The Pentagon said..." "White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe said" "Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said" "Whitman said" "Whitman said" "Whitman told reporters." "Other Pentagon officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said" "the officials said" "According to the officials" "The officials said" "The officials said" "One official said" "the officials said".

So we know exactly what the Pentagon has decided to say about the matter. What actually happened is another matter. If you listen the the Iranian version this stuff happens all the time. If that's true then the real question is why is the US government deciding to throw a hissy fit over a regular occurance?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard