Is COD4 Dieing?

Cod4> All31%31% - 96
No but its getting old Quick!41%41% - 128
That game is so yesterday.11%11% - 34
Not even going to bother to play it.16%16% - 50
Total: 308
tino275
+14|6614
The game is really cool. BUT it just seems like a lot of people are loosing interest very quickly.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

well, I think the mistake comes for a game when people are quick to say [game of the month] > bf2. The reality is no game has been release that even like bf2, theme aside.
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6237|United Kingdom
Not in my opinion

Last edited by mitch212k_2 (2008-01-07 06:31:07)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

It's starting to get old already, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to stop playing it yet. It definitely won't last as long as BF2, but I've still got some challenges to complete and it's not completely dead to me yet.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

had their been maps the bf2 size and squad system as bf2 then it would easily last much longer. Vehicles would probably then have also been a factor with open maps needing transport, etc.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

Yes
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6626|Ghost Town
Yes...getting old very quick. Got highest rank and all stuff. I returned after a month of CoD4 to good ol' BF2! And it's again!
Christbane
+51|6237
it needs some new maps! but with the amount of new servers I keep seeing I dont think it will die anytime soon.  people will go back and play BF2 and other games. but they will still probably bounce back to CoD4 from time to time.

starting a new soldier has got me playing more again.  but in a couple more weeks that will start to get old too.  I play most of the different game modes so thats not the problem.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6167
it's teh shit
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
kinda biased poll. u have 3 options for "its bad/i don't play it" in some way or another, and then one for CoD4 being the greatest game. where is the option for something intermediate, like, "its not the greatest game, but i see no reason to quit playing it." i wouldn't say its getting old quick or that that its better than all games. i'm somewhere between those options. so null vote.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6690|"The Empire"
A few new maps, the odd new perk and it will last until something better comes along in the future.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

I still like it
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5999
I like it, but its nothing great, BF2 is alot better
Master*
Banned
+416|6496|United States

jsnipy wrote:

well, I think the mistake comes for a game when people are quick to say [game of the month] > bf2. The reality is no game has been release that even like bf2, theme aside.
WoW
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6787|Perth, Western Australia
Yes. Yes it is. Practically all I do now is try to wind people up, whether it be by using the semi auto shotgun, the p90 with double tap, or two grenade launchers and overkill.

I have faint delusions of 100% completion but really am rapidly running out of 'bf' ('being fucked', as opposed to cbf)
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

jsnipy wrote:

wot... 1942 was about 10000000x better than bf2.

Quake 3 > bf2
UT > bf2
Cod UO > bf2

lots of games are way better than bf2.

I love how people seem to think stats are what make a game good. The gameplay in CoD4 is better than in bf2. The only reason some people are getting bored with it is because theres no leader board for them to prove they have no lives on

Last edited by Vilham (2008-01-07 08:40:30)

masterbakery
+4|6001|London
"Quake 3 > bf2
UT > bf2
Cod UO > bf2"

Yeah but games age fast, something that was good on release and maybe better than bf2 for its time looks awful to anyone but its fanboys.

Stats might not make a game good on their own, but they give it longevity.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6109|Birmingham, UK
Yesterday i played half a round after 3 weeks off it, im not going back any time soon either, i can't be bothered.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6347
it might seem to get old quickly because ranking system just sucks I think. I played about 500hrs to be captain at BF2, at CoD4 you can do it in less than 25hrs... I think it's the main reason because everything else is cool
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london
I dont think its dying...
docnutz
+39|6761|B O S T ON area
I am playin cod4 b/c after i installed it i have not been able to launch bf2! so F bf2 for being such a pain in the ass
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6524
it got old way too quick for me. after a couple weeks, i had no interest in it.

Last edited by ig (2008-01-07 13:45:27)

Fallschirmjager10
+36|6462

Vilham wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Quake 3 > bf2
UT > bf2
Cod UO > bf2

I love how people seem to think stats are what make a game good. The gameplay in CoD4 is better than in bf2. The only reason some people are getting bored with it is because theres no leader board for them to prove they have no lives on
No, BF2 is better because it's so much funner, not because of stats. And to the OP yes CoD4 is getting boring. I still play it but it doesn't have the long lasting effect BF2 has.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Vilham wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Quake 3 > bf2
UT > bf2
Cod UO > bf2

I love how people seem to think stats are what make a game good. The game play in CoD4 is better than in bf2. The only reason some people are getting bored with it is because theres no leader board for them to prove they have no lives on
What I mean is despite what you may think about a particular game (your opinions are subjective), this community was mainly founded around bf2. No, bf2 was not the best game in the world, but I see a trend when games like when TF2 , WiC, and CoD4 came out ... there seems to be a "whats the next big thing mentality" ... which leads to this deflation. You probably hit it on the head  the stats thing
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon
there's no teamwork in pubs, so the gameplay gets pretty routine.  if there was some way to create squads, i think it would help.  most of the time you just run around, shoot, shoot, call uav, airstrike, heli.  it gets old.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard