Poll

If You Could Have Only One, Which One Would You Choose?

My faith18%18% - 35
World Peace81%81% - 153
Total: 188
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina
Would you give up your faith for peace?  Remember if you pick peace you won't be able to worship your God or whatever you believe in.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6421|Belgium
Since I'm more of an atheist this is rather easy. World peace anytime.
Reciprocity
+721|6589|the dank(super) side of Oregon
since religion and spirituality are 99% bullshit wrapped in horse shit, I'm all in for world peace.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6419|'Murka

Ridiculous scenario. If you have world peace, then you automatically have the ability to worship as you choose. And even if you didn't, you would still have your faith internally.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
masterbakery
+4|6008|London
god is meh
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina

FEOS wrote:

Ridiculous scenario. If you have world peace, then you automatically have the ability to worship as you choose. And even if you didn't, you would still have your faith internally.
It's a dilemma, not a real scenario.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

My faith is world peace.

Gandhi, MLKJ, Henry David Thoreau, Khalil Gibran and such are people I consider icons.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6482|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Reciprocity wrote:

since religion and spirituality are 99% bullshit wrapped in horse shit, I'm all in for world peace.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6535|Milkystania, yurop
Do i have a faith If you go by the church im catholic but fuck religion, i would choose world peace anyday
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6635|Sea to globally-cooled sea
My faith.  If I'm not willing to stand up for what I believe in, then I'm simply shallow.  A lack of conviction is a product of indifference.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6693|United States of America
I see my faith and beliefs fairly necessary to world peace because it won't happen otherwise unless all but one person on Earth is killed, at which point you would technically have world peace.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6501|Connecticut
Wouldn't it make sense that world peace could only theoretically be achieved only if everyone had faith in each other? In that case you could not have one with out the other.
Malloy must go
DesertFox-
I find it odd that the word faith is so often associated with the diety of a religion. I thought of it more as your core beliefs about everything, so the poll would work for those aren't part of a diety-centered religion. Serge didn't make this topic for you to foolishly bash religion; it's a question of you having only your core ideas or the world being in harmony.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina

DesertFox- wrote:

I find it odd that the word faith is so often associated with the diety of a religion. I thought of it more as your core beliefs about everything, so the poll would work for those aren't part of a diety-centered religion. Serge didn't make this topic for you to foolishly bash religion; it's a question of you having only your core ideas or the world being in harmony.
And that's why I said your God or whatever you believe in.
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6286|Mo Val, Cali
Alright I'm Agnostic and whoever is the same or Atheist it still applies to you. basically would you have world peace or believe in some religion lile christianity. haha that's hard.
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6286|Mo Val, Cali
I chose world peace because belieiving in something as stupid as Christianity is an easy sacrifice for world peace.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6680|UK
Faith.

We like fighting.  Bring it faggots.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-01-07 04:53:27)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6528|Πάϊ

G3|Genius wrote:

My faith.  If I'm not willing to stand up for what I believe in, then I'm simply shallow.  A lack of conviction is a product of indifference.
Lack of faith is certainly not the product of lack of conviction. Rather the opposite. And "shallow" is an adjective that best describes those who prefer to live by their beliefs instead of their knowledge.
ƒ³
DesertFox-
/facepalm @ thread

The word beliefs here is not meant belief in a god or not. It's what you believe to be true about life, the world, et cetera. An example is the belief that all people are inherently good deep down or something of that nature.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina

DesertFox- wrote:

/facepalm @ thread

The word beliefs here is not meant belief in a god or not. It's what you believe to be true about life, the world, et cetera. An example is the belief that all people are inherently good deep down or something of that nature.
The two options are peace and faith, nowhere it says beliefs.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

The Sheriff wrote:

SgtSlauther wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Great use of my smileys
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6424|Melbourne, Australia
I don't rely on faith. I rely on logic and reasoning.

I would rather have a universal good, than personal comfort.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6535|Milkystania, yurop

FloppY_ wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

SgtSlauther wrote:

Great use of my smileys
siciliano732
+202|6657|New York
Faith...i believe once Christ returns there will be world peace for 7 years...then Armagedon...and eternity in Heaven, or those who do not believe in Christ  eternity in Hell.

because of my faith, i live in peace everyday.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6607|S.C.
World Peace... Only if I get to be Miss America.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard