Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6487|Sydney, Australia
So is there a way to improve your chances of spawning near the jet? (without resorting to tk) It seems like there are some players who ALWAYS get the jet or the helicopter, and this is partly why I'm put off by vehicle servers now.
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6436|California
I think it has to do when you spawn.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6141|San Antonio, Texas
They know exactly where to stand. It's usually in the middle of the hangar, but it varies map-to-map.

Also, hold down "E" and look up. Some reason, it works.
Vub
The Power of Two
Sorry guys, I meant is there anything you can do before the game starts that gives you a better chance of spawning near the jet, eg. on wake you spawn in that little hut at the back of the airfield rather than all the way up near the FAV.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6632
I think it may have to do with the kit your using, but I've never experimented or anything.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas
Load up first and hit the spawn button as fast as you can. I think that the spawning system has some sort of queue.
Cyrax-Sektor

Vub wrote:

Sorry guys, I meant is there anything you can do before the game starts that gives you a better chance of spawning near the jet, eg. on wake you spawn in that little hut at the back of the airfield rather than all the way up near the FAV.
Ah, there's nothing you can about that, except maybe have an SL there closer to where you want to head.

Next game, there should be multiple spawnpoints that can be selected in a CP. Makes sense.
Slarty
+37|5957|Ingerland
The only advantage that I've ever found is on the golf of oman (I think it is?), on the MEC side. Everyone seems to spawn far away from the jets. If you're AT or support, you run out of sprint faster than sniper so I usually go for that kit.

Hope that helps?
Vub
The Power of Two
What I did find in the past was that you should select your spawn point very quickly, then pick up a spec ops kit and become a squad leader, somehow that has helped me in the past to spawn near the jet or heli, but it doesn't work now.

Last edited by Vub (2008-01-04 18:02:54)

0akleaves
+183|6606|Newcastle UK
hehe i have a secret method that gets me within the nearest 3 spawns on all maps with jets took lots of work and am i fook sharing, most of the time on wake this means i spawn nearest the f35 and for the z-10 i spawn behind it or behind the uav (example)

btw vub doesnt matter which kit or how quick u select the spawn point i tried that.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6702|Germany
RAM - That is the only true and valid answer. The more and the faster your RAM is, the faster your  map will load and the faster you will sit in your desired vehicle.
I just upgraded to 4 gigs and I´m always among the first 4 players spawning. Every map, 64 players.

Last edited by HellHead (2008-01-04 18:49:18)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6141|'straya

0akleaves wrote:

hehe i have a secret method that gets me within the nearest 3 spawns on all maps with jets took lots of work and am i fook sharing, most of the time on wake this means i spawn nearest the f35 and for the z-10 i spawn behind it or behind the uav (example)

btw vub doesnt matter which kit or how quick u select the spawn point i tried that.
please tell me!!!! ill do anything!!! lol
HellHead
+336|6702|Germany

0akleaves wrote:

I find that very hard to believe...
0akleaves
+183|6606|Newcastle UK
lol i can sorta prove it if ur ever in a jet server with me, it narrows the competition to just the select people who spawned there or people with cars etc.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Cyrax-Sektor

HellHead wrote:

RAM - That is the only true and valid answer. The more and the faster your RAM is, the faster your  map will load and the faster you will sit in your desired vehicle.
I just upgraded to 4 gigs and I´m always among the first 4 players spawning. Every map, 64 players.
You best have XP 64-bit or Vista Ultimate, because anything else won't detect the fourth stick. So in all reality you have three gbs, which is still killer, but you have one stick just doing zero.

I've tested it. My dad has 4 sticks, each 1 gb and XP 32-bit only detects 3. Bill Gates, at his best.
Sone
i piss excellence
+22|6516|Houston (Spring), TX
Pray.  Or you could play on a FF server using an M95.  I've done that out of sheer frustration before.  If the jackass won't let you have a turn in the aircraft...

Piyah!  Lesson learned
HellHead
+336|6702|Germany

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

HellHead wrote:

You best have XP 64-bit or Vista Ultimate, because anything else won't detect the fourth stick. So in all reality you have three gbs, which is still killer, but you have one stick just doing zero.

I've tested it. My dad has 4 sticks, each 1 gb and XP 32-bit only detects 3. Bill Gates, at his best.
Actually my XP detects 3.5 gigs of my 4 gigs of RAM, and as far as I know that is pretty normal.
Cyrax-Sektor

HellHead wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

HellHead wrote:

Actually my XP detects 3.5 gigs of my 4 gigs of RAM, and as far as I know that is pretty normal.
Still, not the full potential. XP's hogging .5gbs. Happy that works out for ya.
schmitty
+4|6250
I was listening to someones conversation about this.  Apparently, theres a dark spot on some of the pads/runways that you can lie on and hold 'E' and you are pretty much gaurenteed to get the jet.  As for a specific kit to spawn closer, I don't know, but I only have 1GB of ram and a not so great processor so I usually spawn LAST!
Vub
The Power of Two

HellHead wrote:

Haha considering I play using a Dell laptop that isn't really a solution

To schmitty: I feel for ya, that's why I don't often play jet maps anymore. The only time I can guarantee to get a jet is when I play Operation Cleansweep on single player.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6739|Mexico City
M95 does the job.
aim for the head.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6295|The | Netherlands
Just destroy the jet with AT missile, I like to do that on Wake, no J10 and China will loose the rest of the game
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6530|Internetfitlerland

0akleaves wrote:

lies
']['error
Banned
+630|6636|The Netherlands
I seem to get it most of the time, just stand where the cockpit of the plane is when it spawns.
0akleaves
+183|6606|Newcastle UK

~Smokey~ wrote:

0akleaves wrote:

lies
ok, i'l keep doing what gets me the jet 90% of the time on 1st spawn and keep racking up those jet hours while you wonder how i do it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard