HollisHurlbut
+51|6004

SharkyMcshark wrote:

PS What's everybody's high score at
I only played it once, but 2913.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6536|Global Command
So, video games depicting the slaughter of American ground troops on Omaha Beach are  ok but this is not?

Who defines how much time has to pass before an event can be used in entertainment?

I don't recall Germans complaining about being the villians in the MOH series, or any number of games where they are targeted.

Methinks thou doth complain too much.
c14u53w172
+31|6005|tomania

PureFodder wrote:

Reminds me of Super Columbine Massacre RPG
or the great "jfk reloaded" game...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

ATG wrote:

So, video games depicting the slaughter of American ground troops on Omaha Beach are  ok but this is not?

Who defines how much time has to pass before an event can be used in entertainment?

I don't recall Germans complaining about being the villians in the MOH series, or any number of games where they are targeted.

Yep. Personally I'd love to see a Belfast-set shooter based on the INLA & IRA v British Army & Loyalist Paramilitaries.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6470|Tyne & Wear, England

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

Yep. Personally I'd love to see a Belfast-set shooter based on the INLA & IRA v British Army & Loyalist Paramilitaries.
I doubt few have the balls to make such a game in this politically correct society that we now live in.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6678|UK

Stingray24 wrote:

Apparently the French are still evolving in their gaming.  The rest of the world has Crysis, COD4, TF2, Assassin's Creed, etc and they have this crap.
Ubisoft is french...and are the people behind Assassins Creed.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-01-03 08:56:16)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6352
what about MoH or CoD where you're always killing germans or Crysis where you're killing I dunno how many koreans? and the list is long.. finally this game is like any other game, just made in a more shocking way (because we're talking about civilians' lifes)... it's very endless... I guess it's because it's a french who made the game that everyone's talking about... What about if it was an american who created the game?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

Enzzenmachine wrote:

What about if it was an american who created the game?
Its amazing how many times this has been said in this thread, yet it is completely pointless since it was not made in America. 

As for COD and Crysis.  There is a difference between a war game and a game where the object is to gas Jewish women and children for example.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

usmarine2005 wrote:

Enzzenmachine wrote:

Its amazing how many times this has been said in this thread, yet it is completely pointless since it was not made in America. 

As for COD and Crysis.  There is a difference between a war game and a game where the object is to gas Jewish women and children for example.
Is the point of the game you mention not to PREVENT attacks on America? Or did I miss something?
Moo? Si!
Tall, Dark, Antlered
+39|6135|817---->907

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Enzzenmachine wrote:

Is the point of the game you mention not to PREVENT attacks on America? Or did I miss something?
The point of the game is you always lose, there is no way to win it, it's a dumb ass political statement.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

Varegg wrote:

This is pure generalizing USM and you know it
When in Rome...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562
France invaded by Germany: May 1940
USA enters WWII (after Japan, Italy & Germany declares war on them): December 1941

What were you guys stalling for, eh? Especially after all that French help in your own war of independence...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

CameronPoe wrote:

France invaded by Germany: May 1940
USA enters WWII (after Japan, Italy & Germany declares war on them): December 1941

What were you guys stalling for, eh? Especially after all that French help in your own war of independence...
The Republicans did not want to go to war.  The Democrats as usual had a hard time convincing the country.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6532|South Florida

usmarine2005 wrote:

"Both videogame renderings and the sound effects are reminiscent of eerie, horrifying images embedded in the psyches of Americans -- reminders of how 2,749 people perished when the towers were hit by aircraft and crumbled to the ground more than six years ago. '

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/20 … r_dis.html
Can people grow the fuck up, stop whining about everything, and stop being such 'offended attention whores'

its the fucking internet.

If he thinks thats the worst thing to hit the internet he should try  browsing /b/
15 more years! 15 more years!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

Mitch wrote:

its the fucking internet.
Ya?  This little saying is getting stupid.

Most companies and peoples lives are run off the internet.  So its not"just" the internet.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6669|USA
Don't play it.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6352

usmarine2005 wrote:

Enzzenmachine wrote:

I repeated without really knowing it since I very fastly all the thread. But now I think it's still necessary to repeat it actually. No there isn't a big difference between examples you said. According to what you said, there are ways to kill people which are acceptable and others which aren't (yeah this how our mind tend to work). War game means soldiers getting killed ok, but soldiers are like everyone else, aren't they? for me it's a human, as human as a women or children. About all the MoH and CoD, germans suffered alot cause of the WWII and they weren't all SS and nazis so why it should be less shocking to see germans (soldiers) getting killed/massacred by you playing the super hero than any other people? (without considering the fact that war is very sad) I see what you mean ofc, but I tend to think that you think the wrong way, it's unacceptable to me to think that the death of some kind of people may be less shocking than others' deaths => this is some of you seems to think according to what you wrote (if you think a bit about what you say). And finally yeah, there are ways of killing people which tend to be less shocking for people mind but what? the result is the same, the person dies. Just think about it, get over the stereotypes and the ''good moral'' for some minutes.

However I blatantly think that making a game like that sounds crappy and I wouldn't have minded to do it tbh. But playing the dude who got shocked as never he did by this game is just silly (I'm not talking about you there usmarine). Why tabooed the 11th september 2001 finally?
jord
+2,382|6685|The North, beyond the wall.
Number 2 is out, you pilot a jet interceptor and take out passenger planes when they get a Red circle around them over New York as far as I can tell. Pretty boring, so is the first one.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6656|Norway
That game is kinda cool
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6487|Somewhere else

The difference from WW2 games is that it was an actual war from two opposing sides.  Armies.

This is shooting down planes filled with innocent people.  It's not a good guys VS. Bad guys thing.  It's just clearly mocking something horrible.

But, still, it's just a dumb ass flash game.   While I can see alot of certain people getting upset, it's hardly the first time something has been done in really bad taste, intentionally.

Plus, with the way Bush has run things, people hate the U.S., shit like this should be expected.
jord
+2,382|6685|The North, beyond the wall.

Fredrik wrote:

That game is kinda cool
It's shit. I'm not even American and think it's a poor game for gameplay value made solely for shock value.

Boring.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6352

m3thod wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Apparently the French are still evolving in their gaming.  The rest of the world has Crysis, COD4, TF2, Assassin's Creed, etc and they have this crap.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft

just for you.. lol
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6678|UK

Enzzenmachine wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft

just for you.. lol
Ubisoft Entertainment (formerly Ubi Soft) is a French computer and video game publisher and developer.

The above was the first sentence taken from your source.

edit

You're French too...were you referring to stingray or me....

Last edited by m3thod (2008-01-03 09:39:17)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6452|The Land of Scott Walker

m3thod wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Ok, cross one off the list.
mikkel
+383|6608

Stingray24 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Ok, cross one off the list.
French publisher Vivendi owns 65% of Activision-Blizzard, which includes a good handful of major developers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard