Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6335|105 RVK
^^Yea thats total bullshit, we dont even have trees that big there
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Missionless wrote:

^^Yea thats total bullshit, we dont even have trees that big there
I will get some new, proper scenery today. The european scenery that comes with FSX fails big time.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5982|England

Btw, Zimmar or usmarine, do you just keep going on free flight and setting new destinations each time or what?

Ta
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6335|105 RVK
The reason we have the international airport in the middle of nowhere is cause we dont want air traffic with Boengs flying over the city all day long. Its only a 30 min drive from Reykjavík

Might "buy" the game cause I like it Used to play 2002 allot

And didnt you get the "no trees" joke, its basically the only thing you see apart from the airport

Last edited by Missionless (2008-01-07 09:29:32)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

SamTheMan:D wrote:

Btw, Zimmar or usmarine, do you just keep going on free flight and setting new destinations each time or what?

Ta
That is what I do. I am not incredibly familiar with FSX. I have flown every single other MS Simulator created. But I don't know how to create multiple way points on FSX.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6557|UK

Zimmer wrote:

Approach - What a bare and boring place..
http://i13.tinypic.com/81hdi5f.png
Is that FSX or 2004?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Bell wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Approach - What a bare and boring place..
http://i13.tinypic.com/81hdi5f.png
Is that FSX or 2004?
FSX
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6749|OctoLand
K, seeing as no ones gonna pick me up because I'm so out of the way, I'll fly to somewhere and join everyone else...Zimmer what's your final destination?
I know fucking karate
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

justice wrote:

K, seeing as no ones gonna pick me up because I'm so out of the way, I'll fly to somewhere and join everyone else...Zimmer what's your final destination?
Where do you live Justice. I will come and pick you up no problem.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6538|The lunar module

justice wrote:

Justice, you've been on board since Jan 4th... check the OP.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England

usmarine2005 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

I just landed in El Prat and I was wondering, USMarine, how do you exactly what runway to land on?

I got radiod telling me it was runway 2 to the left, but how can I tell I am landing on the correct runway? This time is was failry easy because I was flying a 747 and it has to take the big runway, but other than that, how can you tell?

Also, general cruisng speed for a 737? 20,000 feet?
Time for a crash course I guess.

Runways are numbered according to their magnetic heading.  So for example, Runway 36 has a heading of anywhere between 355 & 005 degrees normally.  That same runway 36 is runway 18 at the opposite end (180 degrees).  That is an example of a north/south runway.  Clear as mud?

As for the correct runway, FSX as in the older versions of flight sim are supposed to know your size aircraft and put you on the appropriate size runway.....some times they fail.  When you look at the flight planning map, or even in game there is something in the menu called "map" or something like that.  If you double click on an airport, it will tell you all the info you need.

Your cruise altitude depends on length of flight.  A parabolic curve would be the most efficient, but no need to figure that out.  A quick rule of thumb for jets to pick altitude is distance.  So if a trip is 300 nautical miles, you would cruise at 30,000 feet.
You sure about the last bit. 30,000 seems abit high for a relatively short 300 mile trip. Distance would sound like a kinda wrong way to do it. You're expecting us to go into the stratosphere if we're heading from Heathrow to idonno....Hawaii?

Also, Zimmer is stealing all your passengers. Why don't you advise him to fly near the pentagramz so he'll be outta your way. Who says the Mafia don't extend to airlines.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6749|OctoLand

apollo_fi wrote:

justice wrote:

Justice, you've been on board since Jan 4th... check the OP.
Oh, didnt notice that ...thanks
I know fucking karate
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6749|OctoLand

usmarine2005 wrote:

Leaving Chicago to pick up the two bum pirates in Nashville
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4396/2 … 002rm0.jpg

Nashville Airport
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8474/2 … 003zx0.jpg

Leaving Nashville
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5839 … 005ww7.jpg

Arriving at VC Bird to pick up our Carrabian member
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2078 … 008ha5.jpg

Leaving a very cool place and heading to dirty Atlanta
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3981 … 009hf0.jpg
Cool, didn't see that til now, thanks for making the stop
I know fucking karate
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6399|fåking denmark
Zimmer, can you pick me up in Denmark?

Copenhagen Airport (Kastrup, EKCH).

Please?
wensleydale8
+81|6777|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
hmm maybe we should get him to land in everysingle country on the planet.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Unzombified_Zombie
I'm a furry, get over it :3
+9|6171|Grantham, England

Zimmer wrote:

SamTheMan:D wrote:

Ta
That is what I do. I am not incredibly familiar with FSX. I have flown every single other MS Simulator created. But I don't know how to create multiple way points on FSX.
I used to have FSX, and used 2 make loads of waypoints.

When you create a flight using that flight plan tool, afterwards, when you can look at the map, just click on the route line, and drag it to the area you want the waypoint at.

Last edited by Unzombified_Zombie (2008-01-07 11:46:39)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Mek-Izzle wrote:

You sure about the last bit. 30,000 seems abit high for a relatively short 300 mile trip. Distance would sound like a kinda wrong way to do it. You're expecting us to go into the stratosphere if we're heading from Heathrow to idonno....Hawaii?

Also, Zimmer is stealing all your passengers. Why don't you advise him to fly near the pentagramz so he'll be outta your way. Who says the Mafia don't extend to airlines.
I am only taking a select few passengers. VIP style.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6501|N. Ireland
"i can has a seat?"

I'll set up my yoke I fancy doing a bit of A320'ing now..
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6399|fåking denmark
I'll pay you with karma for a seat, Zimmer.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Hmmm...well the normal flight level between DC and New York is usually 18-20,000ft.  And the distance is about 150-170 nautical miles.  maths?
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6399|fåking denmark

usmarine2005 wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Hmmm...well the normal flight level between DC and New York is usually 18-20,000ft.  And the distance is about 150-170 nautical miles.  maths?
How much are a nautical mile in 'normal' miles?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

1 Nautical Mile = 1.852 Kilometers

1 nautical mile = 1.150779 mile
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6399|fåking denmark

usmarine2005 wrote:

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

1 Nautical Mile = 1.852 Kilometers

1 nautical mile = 1.150779 mile
K thx.
mikkel
+383|6609
If either of you are willing to stop by CPH, CHS or CAE to pick me up, I'm up for joining the roadtrip

Edit:

IATA: CAE - ICAO: KCAE, South Carolina

IATA: CHS - ICAO: KCHS, South Carolina

IATA: CPH - ICAO: EKCH, Denmark

Last edited by mikkel (2008-01-07 16:32:03)

Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6399|fåking denmark

mikkel wrote:

If either of you are willing to stop by CPH, CHS or CAE to pick me up, I'm up for joining the airtrip
Fixed!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard