I don't like gay men in black swimsuits4%4% - 10
I can't install SF, heeelp meeee :(2%2% - 5
All of the above8%8% - 20
Your option25%25% - 63
Total: 249
san4
The Mas
+311|6689|NYC, a place to live
I started playing Mass Destruction again recently and it's a great infantry map. Surge isn't a bad map either. It's sad that there are so few SF servers that run these two maps.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6703
I don't need it to play on Project Reality.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker
Because I'm playing vanilla or AF and the server hasn't cycled to a SF map.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK
I love special forces. I want to play it more. I only wish I COULD, but finding a server is awful. When you DO find one, it's full of baserapers. Or it's teamstacked. Or IO. Or full because it's the only good server online.
And I have to devote an entire session to doing that, too. If I could just run it off the BF2 disk, that'd mean I'd play a whole load more. I LOVE grappling hooks.
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine
Something between bad servers, gay 12-year old admins who cant stand being owned & crappy maps ( some of them ). Oh, wait - and total copy-paste from MEC - Rebels, Insurgents, SPETSNAZ are all the same, just different skin. + DICE's military advisor completely fails at SEAL's weapons. For god's sake, they are the only military facrion irl which use M16A3 - and DICE gave them M16A2 ? And SCAR-H is just a joke - 34 damage ( 7.62x51  ) vs 38 damage ( 7.62x39 - AK-47 ) ? SCAR-H had to be something like G3 with reddot sight... And how did they manage to make short 20rds 7.62 STANAG mags 30rds ?

Last edited by Longbow (2007-11-25 01:44:29)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
I think SF is much better than vBF2.

The only thing i play nowadays is SF. The grappling hooks and ziplines are brilliant additions, and there are NO JETS. The maps are on the whole smaller, and more focused around fighting rather than travelling, and unless you play Iron Gator, Leviathan or Devils Perch, you never have to use the crappy US weapons . I just think it is, on the whole, better designed than BF2.

And the best thing about it, is that every server isn't full of bunnyhopping gits using the G36E. Because they can't. Which suits me fine.

Also the Apache is the best Heli in BF2 by far.

Edit: Forgot to say. The main reason i play SF so much, is because of the Max Carnage 24/7 Ghost Town server. Pretty much every time i play any other server nowadays i get frustrated because of stupid server rules, or teamstacking. On Max Carnage, the teams are randomised at the end of every round. Which means if you join a game on the (horribly) losing side, just wait it out and the next round might be a different story altogether. I also like the 'baserape is allowed' rule. It gives me more freedom with my choices. And there's nothing more fun than going on a 1 man army attack on their main base.

Of course, because of the rules i'm on the recieving end of it a lot as well, but i dont mind because it's easily avoided.

I think there should be an 'I DO play SF' option on that poll.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2007-11-25 05:24:09)

Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6585|Finland
BF2 not working with me, if it would, I would play SF.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6166
I have all the badges, ribbons and medals already, I don't need to play it.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270

suomalainen_äijä wrote:

I have all the badges, ribbons and medals already, I don't need to play it.
I hate that attitude. I have the SAS + Spetz medals, but does that mean i'm not allowed to play Ghost Town anymore? Of course not.
cheify0
+2|6229|Philippines
have the cd but i haven't installed it yet...
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51
But but but! I do play it
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT
The real answer is that Special Forces maps are not conducive to grenade spamming.
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

nukchebi0 wrote:

The real answer is that Special Forces maps are not conducive to grenade spamming.
QFT! Well maybe warlord has a small problem but it's easily resolved because there are many ways into the city.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
SF has Six excellent maps. The only problem is that all servers run 24/7's of the two shitty ones.

MassD, Night Flight and Gator are some of the best maps ever, Warlord and Ghost-Town are just big sniper-wars.
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6694|Brunei Darussalam

SF is the best thing ever happened to BF2. Honest, it is.
SyDuS
+10|6556|vancouver BC
the real question is who would bump a thread thats almost 2 years old. last post before today. 1 year 11 months ago, just after special forces came out.

anywho to continue with necropostage special forces rocks, close quarters ak47, need i say more?
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6559|Hungary
I do play it as im tired that all servers run Karkand IO or Wake...
MrCookie
good times
+31|5998|In a wheelchair.
i think sf is okay...
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

venom6 wrote:

You mean Warlord and Ghost Town, Karkfuck and Wake don't appear in SF.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6644

What a random thread to revive

As of the threads creation (over a year ago) I did play it, and loved it! But now, I barely play BF2 at all...

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

venom6 wrote:

You mean Warlord and Ghost Town, Karkfuck and Wake don't appear in SF.
He's saying he does play SF because all the normal BF2 servers run IO Karkand and Wake... and he doesn't like that.

Last edited by OmniDeath (2007-12-01 13:03:16)

gatorlova
Guess who!
+17|5996
sf is all i played tbh
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon

gatorlova wrote:

sf is all i played tbh
russ?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Null vote. I play it off and on, but it's hard to find servers that aren't just doing ghost town over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

But I don't play BF2 as much as I used to.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-12-06 14:08:02)

eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6244|TEXAS
WARLORD SUCKS AND SO DOES GHOST TOWN! and thats why i dont play SF becuase those are the only to maps people play na they both suck! so im gonna go play some Operation Road Rage now SOMEBODY STOP ME!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Warlord and Ghost Town are highly overrated. They're like the Karkands of SF and it's fucking annoying.

I really love Surge and Mass. I've been playing them a lot to get my Rebels ribbon (only halfway there ) and they're really quite a lot of fun. It's just so difficult finding a server that runs them

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard