I don't like gay men in black swimsuits4%4% - 10
I can't install SF, heeelp meeee :(2%2% - 5
All of the above8%8% - 20
Your option25%25% - 63
Total: 249
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6712
I have noticed that especially higher ranked players only bought special forces for the unlocks and barely have played it for a few hours. So, why do YOU not play Special Forces(if you got it)?
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6744
I hate night maps, it makes my eyes hurt.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6686|Vancouver BC Canada
Personally i dont like the gameplay... I find its just too full of F2000GL bunny hoppers.
Note: I am not a high rank (Staff Sgt.)
j5f5ff
+11|6741
Incredibly long load and verify times keep me from playing sf.  I did all that uninstalling-reinstalling-patching dance and it still takes 6-8 mins to get into the game.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6716|Twente, The Netherlands
I've played SF for a week or 2 after I bought it. Now, I'm returning to vanilla. Don't know why, think it's nostalgia
US_JackHammer
+1|6718
Agreed, the night maps suck, and all the servers are set on full rotations.

In regular Bf2 I can find plenty of servers set only to city map rotations.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6740|Mark it zero.
my computer pretty much sucks ass. in regular bf2, its not glitchy and my framerate is perfectly fine, except for insane gunfights and arty. in SF i get down to 8.5 fps in some maps. so im forced to use a grenade launcher or the DAO to get a kill. flying in a chopper is close to impossible. so the game just isnt that fun. i like the maps, especially devils perch (my fav map) but my comp just cant handle it.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6730|Finland
I hate those night maps too. And there's something that I don't like.. I don't know what it is but I like more regular BF2 and I'm playing it. And I didn't buy SF because new unlocks, I'm just tested those but I'm never really used them. And DAO-12 is anyways only unlock that I'm using.

Last edited by BlueScreen (2005-12-29 02:15:53)

supa_fly52
Save a Mouse, Eat a Pussy
+8|6747|Gold Coast, Australia
The graphics are SHIT compared to normal BF2, even the starting video graphics looks SHIT, Like the bit when the soldiers are walking up the stairs, it looks like they're feet are slide along the ground for 2 metres before they take the next step. :@
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6820|Grapevine, TX
I like SF, but I always get a network connection error, so until another patch come out ( and it helps with my problem) regular BF2 is my game.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6747
to limited on the map rotation.  Server maps are either SF or BF2 Standard.  You do not see a SF: server randomly switch to Masstuur city, or somthing similar.  I like the SF maps, but thier is not enugh varity in them.  Same thing IMO that killed Road to Rome, and every other BF1942 expansion.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6738|The United Center

Umbra Acciptris wrote:

to limited on the map rotation.  Server maps are either SF or BF2 Standard.  You do not see a SF: server randomly switch to Masstuur city, or somthing similar.  I like the SF maps, but thier is not enugh varity in them.  Same thing IMO that killed Road to Rome, and every other BF1942 expansion.
if the servers were to switch from SF maps to BF2 maps, theyd have to quit running the game and startup BF2...so although it is possible, everyone would get kicked, the server would be down for a few minutes, then youd have to rejoin.

moving on, i just dont think the game is all that great.  other than the forklift, i dont see any reason why i should play SF over BF2 when i know the BF2 maps better and am a better all around player in it.

SF just bores me.

seriously though...i love the forklift.  if they could put that in BF2 vanilla, i'd never stop playing.

Last edited by ThomasMorgan (2005-12-29 17:38:49)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6700|th3 unkn0wn

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

I hate night maps, it makes my eyes hurt.
Same here and that night vision crap puts a strain on my eyes when all I want is a game where I don't have to struggle to see the goddamn enemy. Wot's most pissing off is when the night vision goggles give up on me and I need to stand in the dark while it charges up. Most of the time it ain't worth it cos the enemy usually gets the better of me while my night vision goggles take a convenient break.

That and falling off a cliff to your death cos you can't see where it slopes. Longer loading times than BF2 is another complaint. I want to be gaming and not staring at a message that says Verifying Client Data for more than a minute, sometimes 2. FFS it's almost 2006 and we have to put up with delays like that.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6697|Antarctica
I love SF, it got my spm past 3.5 :-D

All the "good" players don't like it cuz they can't whore up vehicles as easily

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2005-12-29 19:10:05)

FunKz
+1|6772|Melbourne, Australia
SF is too slow, even on the 64 servers. IE Iron gator........MEC are screwed getting onto the carrier even with good players, only people who really have a chance are in the Hind.

Theres lots of walking around and not much action, for infantry maps, there needs to be more bottlenecks, not big wide open spaces.
Flyboy63
+8|6695|South Australia
lack of medals & badges & what you do on SF doesnt count toward progress in BF except for your point score.
OneThursday
+0|6726|Long Island

US_JackHammer wrote:

Try my clan, ESU city maps only, the rotation is warlord, ghost town, surge, mass destruction, with warlord being every 2 maps.
JesusElSavior
+0|6722
I don't play SF at the moment, since I"m going for my Aviator RIbbon.

For the most part I like it, take out the Heli's, and I would enjoy it that much more.  More chaotic infantry battles in SF I think.

Load times suck, and I only enjoy 3 to 4 maps, hence why I don't play it much.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

OneThursday wrote:

US_JackHammer wrote:

Try my clan, ESU city maps only, the rotation is warlord, ghost town, surge, mass destruction, with warlord being every 2 maps.
Best server.  I play ESU only.
birdman69
+11|6748|Toronto, Canada
I like SF cause I quite frankly suck ass at flying.  SF is less geared towards aireal combat and more ground combat.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6780|England

Flyboy63 wrote:

what you do on SF doesnt count toward progress in BF except for your point score.
Everything you do in special forces counts towards all the awards in BF2, any vanilla award can be earnt in special forces.
slidero

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

All the "good" players don't like it cuz they can't whore up vehicles as easily
No... that's still pretty easy.  Apache on Ghost town, T-90 on warlord etc.

That said, I love SF and play it a lot.  But it's so fucking buggy and shitty.  Half the time when I get in a heli I get crazy stuttering problems with my FPS.  On Warlord my fps is AWFUL, like 30fps and lower on the same settings that vanilla ran at 70fps+. 

I just can't wait for them to optimize this game so it doesn't run like total shit and clean up all the bugs.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6700|th3 unkn0wn
At the end of the day there ain't nothing "special" about Special Forces. They should re-name all new copies of the expansion pack "Forces".

If EA think that it should be "special" cos of the all the bugs and issues with the pack then they really are taking the piss - once again.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

I thought they meant it was for "special" people like me?
nelson496
+3|6776
The night maps are very laggy for me.  I don't know why, everything else runs smooth as a baby's bottom, I have medium and high settings on.  SF just gets boring after a while.  The unlocks are great, like the medic one, and the support one.  The F2000 is good except no one uses the bullets , most people just use the grenade launcher.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard