as long as they are semi auto
fuzzy.sniper
+15|5977
yes as long as they are semi auto same with p90's i believe
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6719|67.222.138.85
I'm going to go with a no.

If you have to ask, you don't know the gun laws nearly well enough to be looking into buying one, and most likely don't know how to handle one safely, so I wouldn't suggest it. Firearms: srs bsns

I think in general in the US assault rifles of that caliber (lolpun) are only legal when semi-automatic.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6402

One day I'm going to get American citizenship just so I can buy a sniper rifle, use it a couple of times, then lock it away and go back to Australia.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6301|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

If you have to ask, you don't know the gun laws nearly well enough to be looking into buying one, and most likely don't know how to handle one safely, so I wouldn't suggest it. Firearms: srs bsns

I think in general in the US assault rifles of that caliber (lolpun) are only legal when semi-automatic.
i don't get the pun
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6666

some_random_panda wrote:

One day I'm going to get American citizenship just so I can buy a sniper rifle, use it a couple of times, then lock it away and go back to Australia.
Only a couple times? Who exactly are you planning on using it on???
jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

I think you can get a full auto permit in US with ATF
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6342|teh alien spaceshit

some_random_panda wrote:

Better start wearing body armor and helmets.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6402

thtthht wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Better start wearing body armor and helmets.
https://www.exeter.gov.uk/timetrail/object_images/breastplate.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6696|United States of America

cowami wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

i don't get the pun
*sigh*

Caliber-noun
1. the diameter of something of circular section, esp. that of the inside of a tube
2. degree of capacity or competence; ability
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6301|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

DesertFox- wrote:

cowami wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

i don't get the pun
*sigh*

Caliber-noun
1. the diameter of something of circular section, esp. that of the inside of a tube
2. degree of capacity or competence; ability
Yeah, I read it in only one context. Figured it out after I posted.

In short, no karma for you!
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6401
AKs are legal in most states. California though sucks balls and has really sh*tty gun laws. Go to a site like www.thefiringline.com and ask there. There are many CA members that can give you the details.

You can also get full auto AKs in most states. Full autos are very expensive as they can no longer be made for or imported for civilians. That means the ones in circulation now are all there will be unless the laws are changed (looks unlikely). To own full-auto firearms you must register them with the BATFE and pay a $200 tax. The weapons are transferable, but the new owner must also register and pay the tax. Weapons like short barrel rifles (SBR), short barrel shotguns (SBS), Machine Guns (Full Auto) and suppressors must all be registered with the BATFE. Look up: NFA (National Firearms Act) and class 3 (class III) weapons.

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2007-12-27 23:31:34)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6513|Houston, TX
I think that if you have to ask this question to a group of online-gamers, on a website dominated by minors, then you have no buisiness owning a firearm.  Chances are, you aren't even old enough to purchase the gun anyways.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6401

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

I think that if you have to ask this question to a group of online-gamers, on a website dominated by minors, then you have no buisiness owning a firearm.  Chances are, you aren't even old enough to purchase the gun anyways.
I don't understand how asking this question here means he has no business owning a firearm. If he takes what people say as 100% truth than he is just asking for trouble. Its your responsibility to understand the law and what you are getting yourself into. Everyone has to learn sometime, maybe he felt comfortable asking the question here and seeing what answers and suggestions he received before taking further action.

Maybe he is not old enough to purchase the firearm, he could be saving up for a firearm when he is old enough.

Whats the problem? Seems like a couple of you are pretty quick to judge him.

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2007-12-27 23:27:48)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Volatile
+252|6716|Sextupling in Empire

Are you not allowed to purchase rifles that have pistol/45º grips in CA? Can't remember if I heard something like that a while back.

I can get whatever suites my fancy in the desert to the east. Class 3 states FTW.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6841|Denver colorado
From what I've heard the small concealable weapons, the automatic and the .50 cal weapons are the only things that are illegal in cali.
Volatile
+252|6716|Sextupling in Empire

Found this on wikipedia just now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_i … (by_state)

The Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989, its subsequent augmentation in 1999, and the .50 Caliber BMG Regulation Act of 2004 has led to many restrictions on semi-automatic firearms. In addition to a lengthy list of specific firearms that are banned by name, the following firearms are banned by characteristic:

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard