Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6696|Germany
That's what I always ask myself.There are 11 or 12 2nd Lieutenants at the moment,and everybody who has 199000 points is surely playing every day.So when will there be new ranks,like Colonel,Major,General(maybe even Admiral,depending on your vehicle stats or awards,e.g.Navy Cross) to distinguish the "elite" from the rest of the people?
This definitely needs to be upgraded,or we will have hundreds of 2nd Lt. in the near future.
Has there been any statement from EA about that??

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2005-12-28 13:47:39)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6712|Norway
The problem is still just pushed ahead in time..

What wold you like to see in a war? Hundreds of 2nd lt. or hundreds of generals?

Personally I'd vote for the 2nd lts.
stef
+-6|6748
well from some time ago one guy did some research and found out that ea had forgotten some ranks 5 ranks i think and then he would contact EA and ask them put them inthere so you did not have to play so much to get a new rank and yes i have seen that there gonna be new ranks i think about 7 or something like that but this was not directly from EA. the 5 ranks i talked about should be between sergeant major and 2. lieutenant.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6696|Germany
Just make the needed points incredibly high,I have 11.000 points at the moment and it's gonna take me a while to get my next rank at 20.000,the next would be 50.000....but 200.000 seems very far away to me,the stats site says I need about 600 days to get there and I'm not sure if I'm gonna play BF2 for 2 years straight now.

People will come and go,some will retire at 2nd Lt. because they found a new job or a new gf who doesn't like videogames,some will buy the game and only play once in a while and do not care about ranks and awards.
Make the higher ranks only accessible to people who love(or even live) this game and really have no life except playing BF2,like General with a million points,5 star general 10 million points.

Sounds odd,but if the game continues to develop and there will be expansion pack after expansion pack from EA(rather than releasing a BF3 in a few years) the ranks with the überscore are a good idea,imo.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2005-12-28 14:06:26)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6712|Norway

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Friluftshund wrote:

What wold you like to see in a war? Hundreds of 2nd lt. or hundreds of generals?

Curious. Why?
I don't know really, i guess it would look strange wither way the wind blowed - but seeing a bunch of lts. capping a flag seems more 'right' than the same bunch of generals jumping and dolphindiving around a flagpost

Not a good answer/reason i know.. sorry about that..
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6738|Finland

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Sounds odd,but if the game continues to develop and there will be expansion pack after expansion pack from EA(rather than releasing a BF3 in a few years) the ranks with the überscore are a good idea,imo.
Indeed
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6751|Cohog, RI

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Friluftshund wrote:

Curious. Why?

stef wrote:

well from some time ago one guy did some research and found out that ea had forgotten some ranks 5 ranks i think and then he would contact EA and ask them put them in there so you did not have to play so much to get a new rank and yes i have seen that there gonna be new ranks i think about 7 or something like that but this was not directly from EA. the 5 ranks i talked about should be between sergeant major and 2. lieutenant.
From a US Marine... That is the rank structure of the USMC. There are no "missing" ranks between Private and Sargeant Major of the Marine Corps. 2nd Lt. is the first Officer rank on the Commissioned side.
Well it proves he is a marine because he cant even spell sergeant right.  EA did leave out Warrant officers, i posted a thread explaining them and they would fill the 150,000 point gap between Sgt Maj and 2LT.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
but who the fuck wants to be a warrent officer . Know what I mean. I'd rather have a cool rank like Sergent Major or Captain.
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6751|Cohog, RI
What makes SM or Capt so cool?  Warrant officers are some of the most respected people in the Corps.  They are commonly refered to as "Gunner".
WildBlueYonder
+0|6738|New Brunswick Canada

dobbs wrote:

What makes SM or Capt so cool?  Warrant officers are some of the most respected people in the Corps.  They are commonly refered to as "Gunner".
Now i don't know for sure but i thought it was "Gunney" and that it was for Gunnery Sargeants. Which makes more sense  in my mind and i think what the other guy is trying to say is that "Captain Miller" or "Sargeant Major Miller" just rings better than "Warrant Officer Miller" But there is no captains rank since they are all but LT, NCM and not Officer ranks. But yes as you said Warrant officers are some of the Highest ranking NCM's and Highly respected for their experience and Repetoir with the Men, They just sound more like a lower rank like private than say Sargeant Major, Which you have to admit sounds more prestigious even if it is not. Just my two cents
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6788|England
I think there should be new ranks at 75,000, 100,000, 150,000, 200,000, 250,000 at least.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6749|Netherlands
i think the should put a rank at the 35,000 because it is a large gap between the 20,000 en the 50,000
IvysDad
+0|6760|Jacksonville, NC

dobbs wrote:

Well, just a little more about the WO rank in the Corps.  WO can be in virtually any Military Occupational Speciality, however, the only WO that deserves the respect and the honor are the ones int the Infantry field who wear the bursting bomb insignia on one collar.  They are given the title of Gunner because they are considered the Infantry experts.  It really pisses me off to hear a Marine call a WO who works in Admin...Gunner.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

i think a system based on vechiles would be kinda sweet. like 10,000 + plane kills = Seargent Major USAF
10.000 + Armor = Sgt. Maj. 1st mechanized div. some thing like that
divided
Clear!
+3|6772
I'd like to go back to the rank requirements that were in place before the patch that changed them.  Or at least put a rank at 125,000 points.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6716|Riva, MD

Superior Mind wrote:

but who the fuck wants to be a warrent officer . Know what I mean. I'd rather have a cool rank like Sergent Major or Captain.
Captain is after 1st leiutenant I think.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6716|Riva, MD

Kobrakai wrote:

I think there should be new ranks at 75,000, 100,000, 150,000, 200,000, 250,000 at least.
Exactly.  There should also be one inbetween 20,000 and 50,000 but I don't know what it would be.  Sorry about that, somebody already stated it and I hadn't read it yet.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-01-06 11:18:06)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6782|The Hague, Holland
I only care about ranking cus of the weapons you receive with em.
Who cares about those new ranks, you wont get any new stuff with em
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6716|Riva, MD

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

They're more realistic than just stopping at 2nd Leiutenant.
AD_Kensan
+7|6784

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

You get precendence when applying for commander.

EDIT: Acutally this is not true. I think it all depends on your global score, can somebody confirm that?

Last edited by AD_Kensan (2006-01-07 21:28:37)

mustang0341
+0|6685|Nebraska
regardless on new ranks I think 200,000 is alot ricockulous I mean what incentive is that let alone 50,000 for us part  time gamers who happen to be former military and take respect ...well on a gamers level of these ranks. Seriously , someone like me will never if ever see 200,000. Don't get me wrong I will stil play the game but I don't have 2,000 hours to devote to this game. By that time there will be some new game out where I will be low on the totem pole again. I suppose it is a prestige thing to be up that high but please EA, think of us little poeple.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6691
i think there should be more ranks but the ranks will only be awarded to best players. As in the top 10 plyers gets a special rank and the next 100 players gets another rank and so on but it should only apply to when above a certain rank.

Last edited by Rofl_My_Waffle (2006-01-06 21:30:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard