Poll

Which Internet Browser are you currently using?

Internet Explorer22%22% - 46
Mozilla Firefox70%70% - 146
Safari0%0% - 0
Opera7%7% - 16
Netscape0%0% - 0
Total: 208
stef10
+173|6480|Denmark
Well, on the Internet I found this source that told how many people were using the different kinds of web browsers out there.

Here is the list

Internet Explorer  85,85 %
Firefox                  11,49 %
Safari                  1,61 %
Opera                  0,69 %
Netscape      0,12 %

So which one are you using and you can also tell why you are not using one of the others.

I am using Opera because its that damn good.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-12-26 14:52:43)

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6520
firefox
safari on my ipod though
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6399|Leuven, Belgium
I use Firefox.

Internet Explorer users must die.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6668|The Netherlands

elbekko wrote:

Internet Explorer users must die.
Good day to you too.

(I use IE7)
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

Firefox.

I use Safari at work a fair bit and while it is quicker, it's not nearly as nice to use.

IE is for morons.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-12-26 14:57:05)

69Crzy
+7|6111|Florida
I be a moron............... IE7 for me
LOL
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

IE. I tried FireFox and don't like it. Why should I keep looking for alternatives when I'm happy with the one I have? Plus, I don't feel that need to show cool and computer saavy I am by decrying Microsoft. IE works fine.
Smithereener
+138|6314|California
Opera
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

chittydog wrote:

Why should I keep looking for alternatives when I'm happy with the one I have?
'Cos it's slow, insecure, fairly incompatible, awkward to use and all around rubbish.
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6703|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

Did not Firefox take Netscape's place?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

Bertster7 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

'Cos it's slow, insecure, fairly incompatible, awkward to use and all around rubbish.
Like BF2, but I love them both.
stef10
+173|6480|Denmark

Bertster7 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

exactly-use Opera-its the best.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6624|Sea to globally-cooled sea

chittydog wrote:

IE. I tried FireFox and don't like it. Why should I keep looking for alternatives when I'm happy with the one I have? Plus, I don't feel that need to show cool and computer saavy I am by decrying Microsoft. IE works fine.
i don't decry microsoft.

IE pissed me one day so badly that I said yelled (repeatedly, no doubt) fuck this, and I switched to Firefox, which was highly recommended.

i love firefox.  I love the ad-blocker.  I love the layout.  Even right-clicking in Mozilla is superior than IE.

Furthermore, I can't stand IE7's layout.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

stef10 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

exactly-use Opera-its the best.
Not as many great add-ons. Soooooo handy.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6565|NYC / Hamburg

Firefox - mainly for all the useful add-ons
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

max wrote:

=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6582|England

ig wrote:

firefox
safari on my ipod though

jsnipy wrote:

max wrote:

If not for the addons, and the fact that i cant find a way to import all my saved passwords from FireFox to Opera, then id go for Opera. But ive found all the features i like in Opera, i can just find an addon in FireFox, and some of the features i have in FireFox, i cant replace by addons in Opera. If that makes sense...
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6364|California
I use IE6
lolz
IE6>IE7 & Firefox combined
KTHX!
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6565|NYC / Hamburg

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I use IE6
lolz
KTHX!
find yourself a proper WGA crack ...
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX

jsnipy wrote:

max wrote:

pj666
+16|6364|Sydney, Australia
Firefox

IE only recently added a lot of the stuff Firefox has had for ages. Like multiple panes. Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery and all ....

I prefer to support open source software, and not give MS any support. Plus their software is flabby. MBs of crap you never use. Open source tends to be leaner and less buggy.

E.g. When IE 7 or 8 or whatever the last one came out, it killed the print headers when you printed copies of emails from Outlook. It cruelled a spearate program!! Took them until commercial release to find it, and then took ages to admit they had a problem and patch it. Apparently the 2 program teams sat there and blamed each other .....

I used Opera up until a few years ago, and it was pretty good. Similar to Firefox.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6582|England

max wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I use IE6
lolz
KTHX!
find yourself a proper WGA crack ...
lawl

/nerdy laugh
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6399|Leuven, Belgium

chittydog wrote:

IE works fine.
If you truly think that, please go fetch a brain.

IE does not work fine. Nor will it ever work fine, unless they ditch their inferior rendering engine.
ReTox
+100|6497|State of RETOXification
Anyone who has ever written a website properly (cross platform support) knows that IE is garbage and requires a bunch of BS to make it look like the other browsers.  Stupid MS and their refusal to follow standards.

Firefox FTW!
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine

chittydog wrote:

So you think that everyone who doesn't use IE is "showing how cool and computer savvy they are"? If so, you're very much wrong.

Firefox is in so many ways better than IE. Anyone who truly likes IE better than Firefox is either dumb or just doesn't like change. By default, Firefox looks very much the same as IE, but with a lot more features. When I switched from IE to FF, I didn't want to because I already "knew" IE, but I found the switch very easy because everything is very similar to IE, in terms of GUI.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard