Poll

what do you think is more fun.. bf2 or cod4?

bf259%59% - 120
cod434%34% - 71
1manarmy is leetz0r!5%5% - 12
Total: 203
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6139|New Jersey
They're two different games.  I find that sometimes I'm in a CoD4 mood and other times I'm in a BF2 mood.  Both are good in their own way.  BF2 does however have a much better replay value.
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6244|TEXAS
two words y Bf2 will always be better than cOd 4: NO VEHICLES!

I like driving my own tank around in BF2 thank u very much!

BF2 4 LIF!

Last edited by eaglecorps (2007-12-24 20:55:04)

lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6830|Denver colorado

assau1t wrote:

Gf beats them both.
Yep. they do.

But when your in the mood for playing video games usually its best to pick a video game to play.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

I think BF2 is more fun, but right now I'm addicted to CoD4. Finally hitting the upper ranks and getting some good guns. I'll probably play this for the rest of the week and then go back to BF2. Just gotta hit level 55 and complete more challenges.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6149|'straya

SpIk3y wrote:

They're two different games.  I find that sometimes I'm in a CoD4 mood and other times I'm in a BF2 mood.  Both are good in their own way.  BF2 does however have a much better replay value.
agree 100%

personally whatever i feel like at the time is best... i mix it up and dont get sick of either
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.
BF2: 2000 hours play time before I got bored
CSS: 1000 hours, still not bored
CoD4: less then 100 hours. Bored.

Good game while it lasted.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6133|Carnoustie, Scotland
Had to null, they're both as good as each other, the graphics in COD-4 are amazing compaired to BF2, if you run it on low it's like running BF2 on medium/high. The hardcore mode is such an addrenalin rush, but you can't beat slamming a good few rockets into an enemy helicopter. They're good in differant ways.
Sgt._Eraser74
Upper Decker Expert
+54|6563

I refuse to partake in a survey that has leetspeak in it.
assau1t
+12|6703|sector a-35

lavadisk wrote:

assau1t wrote:

Gf beats them both.
Yep. they do.

But when your in the mood for playing video games usually its best to pick a video game to play.
I just need to get laid
pinioncorp
1 Metre, 3 Rounds, 6 Misses?
+7|6424|Nobellius

BF2 for sure.

CoD4 just doesn't have the depth or strategy that BF2 has. Sure, you have tactics, such as which guns, perks you use but you can't control your approach on the battlefield. I tend to find that I die in 1 vs 1, simply because it's an even fight. But with vehicles you can sway that. Furthermore, you can flank the enemy front line or attack from an unexpected angle. CoD4's maps are simply too small to be able to do that.

The stats system in CoD4 doesn't help either. People are saying "It's good that I don't have to play for ages to get all the guns," but that is detrimental to it's longevity. You just have nothing to play for anymore. If that's your "cup of tea" then go play Fury.

+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

pinioncorp wrote:

I tend to find that I die in 1 vs 1, simply because it's an even fight. But with vehicles you can sway that.
I seem to be missing the point here?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
colgas101
Dead man talking
+4|5999|Mackay qld australia
i just got cod4 after playing 1000+hrs of bf2 it seems more like ut in deathmatch mode i think i like bf2 for the stratigy and better game play but it is early days yet im not ready to give it (cod4)up yet
pinioncorp
1 Metre, 3 Rounds, 6 Misses?
+7|6424|Nobellius

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

I seem to be missing the point here?

I'm saying that you are always aware of where your opponents are (figuratively, not like, exactly) since the maps are so small. Battlefield, however, you are exposed to a larger front. Playing strategically is more rewarding than being the tank on the frontline exposed to enemy fire.

CoD4 tends to be a twitchfest.

+64|6165
bf2 ftw!
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng
BF2 is better in the long run. CoD4 for instant thrills.

Is there no Leaderboard on PC? On PS3 SoCRacK and ElectricStorm have hit nearly 1.1 million.
#rekt
shoopysean
+11|6135

djphetal wrote:

_1_MAN-ARMY.19 wrote:

Hopefully bf3 will rape bf2!
Bf3 - "come here you little shit!"
bf2 - "What the fuck are you doing to me?!"
bf3 - "yeah, touch it, touch it mmmmmmmmmm yeahhhh."
bf2 - *weeping uncontrollably*
bf3 - "now who are we telling about this?"
bf2 - (weeping) "nobody!"
bf3 - "yeahhhhhhhhh"
BF1942 enters - "Oh my God! What the hell are you doing?!"
bf3 - (grabs 1942) "Yeah come here too, suck it, suck it!" *beats bf2, grabs 1942, throws onto bf2, kicks both of them repeatedly*
Bf2 and 1942 begin wailing, and 1942 clutches a crucifix in it's pocket.
-FIN-

some people use the word "rape" too lightly.

edit: if anyone complains about this, I'll remove it. I just think I finally had to do something I've been thinking about for ages. I don't like that "rape" is used so lightly and frequently.
You forgot 'Battlefield: Vietnam'!!!
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6447|Chicago, IL
In BF2, the maps were large enough for you to wander off and do whatever you wanted, CoD4 forces you to be in or near the fight, which is great when you want your team to pay attention, but not so great when I've been killed 7 times in a row and just want to go exploring
docnutz
+39|6759|B O S T ON area

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

SpIk3y wrote:

agree 100%

personally whatever i feel like at the time is best... i mix it up and dont get sick of either
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

If CoD4 had vehicles and larger maps, it would be comparable to BF2. However, they are two different game types. CoD4 is like an IO BF2 server running a 16-player map. Reminds me of DF:BHD more than anything else. Fun in its own way, but no better or worse than BF2.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
TFSlott
+2|6158
BF2 - I like the adrenalin rush in CoD but I truly miss the large maps. I'm a skilled tactician - not that good with my reflexes. In BF2 I won many games just for being smart - hiding the right places moving around the unexpected places. This I miss in CoD.

And no stat / reward system in CoD? Me and my friends daily compare our scores at the BF2 leaderboard. Now we compare... nothing. Too sad!

These things would have made CoD4 awesome and game of the year: Larger maps, a comparable stat system and showoff medals. Not just something achievable during a weekend. I just love those insane 5000 driver ability points in BF2. Anyone got'em without having played for a thousand years?

But when I just want some instant action, CoD is my choice. I startup my computer and are playing within 2 minutes. With BF2 I usually spent 10 minutes from power-on 'till action. Graphics in CoD is just awesome. I also like the expanded movement rules - e.g. prone blocked... what? I started out just lying there not able to turn properly. At first it was annoying but now I think it's cool - more realistic!

I still haven't unlocked everything and haven't completed all challenges, but when I have, I think I'll logon to the world of Battlefield...

Last edited by TFSlott (2007-12-27 01:08:52)

SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6723|SPARTA
BF2 is GOD!!! Period!!!
TheArkOfGod
Banned
+8|6776
after playing COD4 on max settings playing BF2 is like looking at Super Mario Bros.....the adrenaline factor in COD4 is head and shoulders above BF2....I gotta say there are some really good players in COD4 where I can get challenged where in BF2 it's just too easy to dominate....I still like to play BF2, BF1942/DC, CS Source as well so that's probably why after about 50-60 hours of COD4 I'm not bored at all

Last edited by TheArkOfGod (2007-12-27 01:34:04)

ozzie_johnson
+98|6658|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
Bf2.
Tetn1s
+59|6642|Los Angeles
Replay value for cod4 only lasted about 24 hours for me... Winnar is....

TF2 (and bf2)
TheArkOfGod
Banned
+8|6776

Ned_Z wrote:

Replay value for cod4 only lasted about 24 hours for me... Winnar is....

TF2 (and bf2)
you're the kinda guy that gets out of the shower to take a piss

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard