staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6705|Houston, TX
I installed a new audio card last night. Everything works fine except the voices in BF2. They seem to stutter. They will pause for .5 secs every .5 secs. Everything else works fine though. Sound wise.

I have Win2K
psychotoxic187
+11|6679
What settings did you put it on?
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6721|The 70's
I've got this same card, and the bad news is that BF2 does not support the SB 24 bit Live. It's listed somewhere, and i confirmed with EA support. Sorry m8, theres nothing you can do to make this work on the hardware setting.  Reset your sound to software.
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
I used 2 have a sb live .  wont work on high settings
Seth Infinite
+3|6709|Houston, The Republic of Texas
Same SB Audgy problem. When set to Hardware it stutters. In the tweak guide it talks about downloading the latest OpenAL32.dll file, renaming it to BF2open.dll and replacing the file in BF2. I tried all of this and ended up reloading Windows and BF2. Not sure that it's worth the trouble. There are 2 results if you successfully do this. 1.) It has a richer sound  2.) It frees up some RAM by moving operations to the sound card.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6705|Houston, TX
That stinks. Oh well. All the other sound effects work though. It does make it alot easier to find people by sound with it on hardware. How can EA not support such a highly used card. Maybe I'll try the openAL32.dll file. That's yet another mark against EA. geez. I wish they cared more about the games and customers than they do about money.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard