Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
Fun, but needs some tweaking.  Which is WHY I kept suggesting a public beta on the forums in another forum that will not be named, but the mods there kept being grumpy and temp banning people for suggesting it.  Didn't fly any planes, but everything else had a pretty quick learning curve.  Not sure what AT kit is supposed to do because at point blank range it doesn't kill tanks.  Thompson and MG are a ton of fun, though.
David.P
Banned
+649|6276

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

It sucks. Infantry is gay. Planes feel retarded, you cant fly up without loosing speed and stalling within 15 seconds. Too limited. I had bf2 installed all this time just for this mod and its the biggest letdown ever. Uninstalling now to free up harddrive space.
Sadly he's right. I've been playing some more and well... *sigh* Noone has the balls to take on tanks.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6394|Southern California
lol, one of the biggest downfalls of stalling the release to get it perfect for so long is peoples expectations go through the roof.

I never played the original, and wasn't waiting for this one to be release but I'm gonna give it a try...maybe Ill go do that now...
Revelation_Space
+3|6272
It's certainly good, but my overall impression is one of disappointment. It suffers from many of the problems that all BF games have - lots of open ground, and if you try to traverse that open ground you get hit by AT weapons/MGs/planes/tanks, and so everyone stays at flags and defends.

I hadn't realised that they'd gone for with the realism route, but I definitely feel that Project Reality does that particular style considerably better. Not including a medic - regardless of whether or not they were with the troops in reality - was a bad move in my opinion. Once your bandage is gone you're screwed if you get shot again, making surviving long pretty much impossible. I also strongly feel that every kit should have been given a pistol (I know only officers had them in WW2), because if you're holding a rifle and find yourself at close range facing off with an enemy, you're pretty much guaranteed to die. Having said that, the one time I did use my pistol at 15 feet, I didn't kill my target, so it probably isn't much use anyway.

I don't know how everyone else's experiences compare, but I found it literally impossible to hit a moving target with a rifle beyond about 20 feet. I tried countless times (and I consider myself to be pretty good at sniping any moving target in BF2 - and semi good in Project Reality), but didn't hit anyone once.

I also noticed a lot of weird lag (not graphics - though I did get that). I don't think it was me, because my ping was really low, as was that of everyone else. But I'd come across a target who hadn't noticed me 2 feet away, shoot, and then like an entire second later the bullet would hit the target and kill him. I don't know if anyone else got that.

Finally, the anti-tank troops need to be beefed up a little, because tanks go around unchallenged until friendly armour shows up.

Last edited by Revelation_Space (2007-12-15 04:33:24)

Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6134|Carnoustie, Scotland
On the Filfront ...

"#2 - Posted by: insiwna (Member) on 12-12-2007 at 12:45
Remember, this file is just for server owners, to install game servers.

You don't need it to play the mod"

Truth or BS?
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6597|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
All mods had rough starts, you guys need to give it time. I remember when PR started out, it was just a mini mod for BF2, no new weapons, no new vehicles, just some blood and no crosshairs.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6831|Grapevine, TX

seymorebutts443 wrote:

All mods had rough starts, you guys need to give it time. I remember when PR started out, it was just a mini mod for BF2, no new weapons, no new vehicles, just some blood and no crosshairs.
QFE, and I'd like to belive that...

So far Im disappointed as well. Lots of lag with my ping=9. Vanilla runs superb on my old box, so I'm hoping it can and will be optimized in the future. Ill keep at it see if I can get the "right" settings to play as well as vanilla does
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
AT kit rarely registers hits on armor = extreme lameness.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6462

Stingray24 wrote:

AT kit rarely registers hits on armor = extreme lameness.
No, there only AT rifles. You have to hit the back and certain areas of the turret to do any damage.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State
They need Panzerfausts and Bazookas.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6462
They will be added in the new theaters.
firebolt5
+114|6157

fermatx wrote:

They need Panzerfausts and Bazookas.
Those were used later in the war.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

QFE, and I'd like to belive that...

So far Im disappointed as well. Lots of lag with my ping=9. Vanilla runs superb on my old box, so I'm hoping it can and will be optimized in the future. Ill keep at it see if I can get the "right" settings to play as well as vanilla does
Just have to give it some time, its already more popular than PR with almost 70 servers that i can see, vs the 10 for PR.
David.P
Banned
+649|6276
Pr has like 80 servers.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6511|Los Angeles, California
Lol, the mod mixed w/ vBf2 so now I can't join normal servers because I have modified content. All the ingame screens are now yellow/tan.

Last edited by chaosdragon001 (2007-12-15 22:46:44)

seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

David.P wrote:

Pr has like 80 servers.
funny, i can only see 10 active ones, and half of those have less than 10 people on em.
David.P
Banned
+649|6276
Active? You mean populated? There right now 8 servers and they all have +15 players.
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
Imo this mod rocks - a little bit too slow, yes, but It's Northern Africa w00t. You should be in tank or on tank Or in AT gun. Ppl do not realise that they have to defend - I've seen morons on Supercharge running to British flags while they became uncappable once Brits get them.

And the release was like 5x better then ANY other BF2 mod's release, so stfu you all. Give it some time, it will be easily the best ( along with PR ) mod for BF2.

p/s cant wait for Normandy 1944 and Pasific 1942-1944 theaters of war.

Last edited by Longbow (2007-12-16 02:17:04)

Zukabazuka
+23|6687
Against tanks there is very little defence against unless you have one of those big turrets like pounder 2 or 6.

Aiming with the rifle is friking easy, I take out targets up to 400m with not much of an effort at all. So easy to aim with. You can even take your binaculars and aim at someone then switch to your rifle and aim in and shoot. You will mostly hit on the first try unless he moves.

What I se most in this game is spawn raping, people don't care to take flag just spawnrape with anything they have. Lets hope the BF2 players leave so we can have some teamwork at least.
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6385|Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, the combat and AT rifles have a longer learning curve than the rest of the game, but once you figure them out, the game is pretty good. I also only figured out how to aim in tanks because of the YouTube training videos, it's a not-so-obvious "X" key
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5988|Aus, Qld
If you think the tanks are overpowered or what not, just wait untill they bring out Panzershreks. They will decimate armor. Can't wait!
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

bakinacake wrote:

If you think the tanks are overpowered or what not, just wait untill they bring out Panzershreks. They will decimate armor. Can't wait!
Won't happen untill 1943 ( afaik )
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

David.P wrote:

Active? You mean populated? There right now 8 servers and they all have +15 players.
i guess my definition of active is different than yours.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5988|Aus, Qld

Longbow wrote:

bakinacake wrote:

Won't happen untill 1943 ( afaik )
So what, 1943-1945 is when the big tanks, and big battles will come.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
c14u53w172
+31|6000|tomania
the mod is great but nearly every map ends up in a tk-festival

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard