Poll

What are most gutless, pathetic, chickenshit kills in BF2?

mines dropped on deserted roads/paths1%1% - 3
claymores dropped on deserted roads/paths2%2% - 6
their team sabotaged their own vehicles7%7% - 16
C4 was left at CP's3%3% - 8
mines were left at CP's1%1% - 4
blindly lobbed grenades8%8% - 19
C4 and he killed himself along with you25%25% - 54
grenade launcher and he killed himself along with you49%49% - 106
Total: 216
Roscoe_P_Cotain
+0|6701
What do you think? Aside from hackers and tk's of course.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
being flashbanged while in a chopper
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dr_3V|L
+51|6727|Twente, The Netherlands
Being constantly spawnkilled by a tank, who is constantly facing in the direction of the alleyway where the MEC spawns at Karkand. Extremely pathetic, people using the tank/apc like that have no skill, or don't use any of their skill.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6822
like it takes so much skill to kill infantry in a tank.

point, click, add two points.
Flyboy63
+8|6706|South Australia

Dr_3V|L wrote:

Being constantly spawnkilled by a tank, who is constantly facing in the direction of the alleyway where the MEC spawns at Karkand. Extremely pathetic, people using the tank/apc like that have no skill, or don't use any of their skill.
Yea I tend to go looking for these mofockers with C4 once I respawn somewhere else.
Flasheart88
+0|6762|Brisbane
I voted for noobtubing with suicide, mainly because a lot of the options really aren't that gutless or pathetic - I mean, booby trapping an area, be it a CP or a road/pathway isn't really gutless, it's just sneaky. I mean, let's be frank, C4, mines and claymore are, prima facie, traps, and traps are by their very nature, sneaky. I mean, how is that any different, in principle, to sniping from long range. I mean, lining up someone who has no chance to retaliate and then putting a bullet in his head isn't really any more brave or honourable than sneaking into an enemy camp and boobytrapping vehicles or through points, is it?

Regarding the tank killing infantry situation, in isolation, a tank shooting infantry is quite reasonable - you see the enemy, you kill 'em. But the gutless part comes into consideration when the tank driver - and I've seen this many times - ignores enemy vehicles and armour in order to kill infantry. Now that's more than gutless, that's sacrificing your own infantry in favour of selfish achievement.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6840|Munich, Germany
i voted for the C4 suicide noobing, even though my 2nd choice would have been the noob tube suicide.

and i totally agree with Flasheart88 that all the other options are actually legit and good tactics. and i must also say if i go for an enemy flag , no friendlys around it but i know there were some enemys i will for sure lob a grenade there to soften my target or kill any1 hanging out at that flag.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839

Flyboy63 wrote:

Dr_3V|L wrote:

Yea I tend to go looking for these mofockers with C4 once I respawn somewhere else.
I agree, this shit really Frosts me. i wont Play clean sweep becuase its to easy to spawn kill there
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont
A question:  With the C4 kill and the suicide are we to assume that the SpecOps guy killed infantry or a vehicle?  Because I have no problem blowing myself up along with a spawncamping tank or APC.
Arch-35
+1|6711
Noobtubing-(No Skill to Kill) and Tk'ing your teammates on any map that has air assets so that they can ride in/use. I have seen Tk's just for joy rides, to get from one place to another, and just for the heck of it. It has happened to me and my friends, and we report them to the server admin and they get the boot/ban.

That's my beef.
papagolf
+0|6698
I can't believe no-one's mentioned the idiots that drive around in circles at spawns knocking people down.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6732|Rochester, NY
Or just kill people randomly with any kind of lethal device.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6722
Jihad from above! (Planes crashing into tanks and jeeps)

I've seen a guy doing this once. lmao...
topal63
. . .
+533|6720
What a stupid question . . . in the form asked.

Remove the pointless adj.s: gutless & chickenshit (it's a game! LOL) and replace pathetic with EASY and/or ANNOYING, and maybe this question might make sense. But then again oxymoronic "serious gamers" might think this question makes sense.

I find multiple TK's from the same guy annoying. . . and the C4 jihad-kamikaze vehicle stunt annoying.

I mean come on! A guy places C4 on an ATV and plows into another vehicle full speed - BOOM! They should remove this from the game. C4 should have to be detonated(!) and the trigger won’t work unless you are outside the splash radius of the explosion whatever that is - say 10-30 meters approx. - or something like that.

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-27 11:48:57)

Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6706|SE Pennsylvania
Guys who can't fly and ram their helis or jets into other helis or jets.
ronin1942
+-1|6845

topal63 wrote:

Remove the pointless adj.s: gutless & chickenshit (it's a game! LOL) and replace pathetic with EASY and/or ANNOYING, and maybe this question might make sense. But then again oxymoronic "serious gamers" might think this question makes sense.

I find multiple TK's from the same guy annoying. . . and the C4 jihad-kamikaze vehicle stunt annoying.

I mean come on! I guy places C4 on an ATV and plows into another vehicle full speed - BOOM! They should remove this from the game. C4 should have to be detonated(!) and the trigger won’t work unless you are outside the splash radius of the explosion whatever that is - say 10-30 meters approx. - or something like that.
why???? this happens all the time in modern combat you should be able to accually hit the button while driving but the coding on that is hard and its easyer to just have it auto detonate. i love that trick. its not hard to counter if the tank driver is paying attention. one hit takes down a jeep.
topal63
. . .
+533|6720

ronin1942 wrote:

topal63 wrote:

I mean come on! I guy places C4 on an ATV and plows into another vehicle full speed - BOOM! They should remove this from the game. C4 should have to be detonated(!) and the trigger won’t work unless you are outside the splash radius of the explosion whatever that is - say 10-30 meters approx. - or something like that.
why???? this happens all the time in modern combat you should be able to accually hit the button while driving but the coding on that is hard and its easyer to just have it auto detonate. i love that trick. its not hard to counter if the tank driver is paying attention. one hit takes down a jeep.
It is not really that effective a tactic against me - but I am not talking exclusively about me. I see guys doing this suicide thing a lot - I am not in the vehicle when I see it happen - often.

Example:
A Blackhawk is doing well in Mashtur City (no suprise! LOL) what does some MEC player do? He places C4 on the MEC chopper and collides with the Blackhawk - the collision inginites the C4. IMO this should not be possible. You should at a minimum have to detonate the C4.

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-27 11:44:16)

the_ubernoob_
+8|6746
In my opinion the only reason a person should plan to blow up a jeep and not get out alive is when they will take out at least 2 or more enemy vehicles in the process. 

The ramming a jeep into a vehicle into a jeep and the c4 exploding on contact is messed up.  Its C4 not nitroglycerin, you can whack C4 with a hammer all day and it won't do anything unless you use a detonator.

If your gonna blow up your jeep at least take precautions to keep yourself alive. 
1. Just one C4 on the far corner of the passenger side of the vehicle.
2. Bail out before you reach the target and let the car coast to the target (I know it breaks really fast but you can get around that with practice or by having the car jump off of a ramp or small mound).
3. Start running away from the front of the passenger side of the car.
4. USE THE DETONATOR to blow up the C4 thats what its there for.

If you can't use a C4 jeep and survive then I advise using a different method to kill the enemy.  (AT missles perhaps)

Last edited by the_ubernoob_ (2005-12-27 12:33:52)

proJect
+0|6698
Um, I think I do all those things... so... I would say:

Snipers playing claymore @ the top of a ladder, cuz 50% of the time they get tk's!
Koss
+6|6757|U.S.

proJect wrote:

Um, I think I do all those things... so... I would say:

Snipers playing claymore @ the top of a ladder, cuz 50% of the time they get tk's!
Ya by morons. I hate that shit. Hmm im climbing a ladder and a skull appears...wtf could it be...
the_ubernoob_
+8|6746
Every now and then I put an AT mine on top of the ladder to confuse people (I know its dumb but it actually has worked for me on more than one occasion.)  Its so funny to see the enemy poke their heads over the ladder and see something and reflexively head back down the ladder only to think "wait a sec...that was a *&$%##&# AT mine!!!!".   They then climb back up the ladder and are greeted by 7 rounds of Jackhammer pain.

Also noob players can't kill themselves on an AT mine (unless the noob a jeep on top of the building somehow)

Last edited by the_ubernoob_ (2005-12-27 12:50:48)

Dr0pped
+8|6756|Ontario, Canada

the_ubernoob_ wrote:

Every now and then I put an AT mine on top of the ladder to confuse people (I know its dumb but it actually has worked for me on more than one occasion.)  Its so funny to see the enemy poke their heads over the ladder and see something and reflexively head back down the ladder only to think "wait a sec...that was a *&$%##&# AT mine!!!!".   They then climb back up the ladder and are greeted by 7 rounds of Jackhammer pain.

Also noob players can't kill themselves on an AT mine (unless the noob a jeep on top of the building somehow)
Now that's some funny shyte!!
Sondernkommando
+22|6718
I wouldn't mind a consensus on Papagolf's remark regarding "flag-driving". 

On Wake, especially if the Chinese are down to the airfield only, the place is usually swarming- perfect for a dune-buggy.  This doesn't violate the laws of physics or "probability" (like aircraft reloading in mid-air or guys who chuck C4), but does expose the driver to risk (unlike sitting in a tank by a flag a la Karkand).

I admit to having done this on Wake a few times.  If this is truly considered reprehensible by the "BF2 Community", I can abstain.  I am all for rules of combat.
proJect
+0|6698
Hehe!!! Good skill ubernoob! I will remember that 1!

When I place clayore, I try to put is in a plant close to an oppening of sum sort so that Teamies can see them but are harder to spot 4 enemies. I got a few kills like that! No tk's.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6729|Debris From Space
Piloting a Flying Shitbox into a tank.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard