TehTacoKing
''Its nothing serious but i am bleeding badly''
+13|5987|Mountain Dew
Hello, i hate those J10 and i need some tips to avoid, kill em, and bomb.
HOPE YOU HAVE SOME AWNSERS
SamTheMan :D
Banned
+106|5998|UK
Go to 800m and put use afterburns

kthnxbai j10
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6737|Omaha, Nebraska
Do a search there are some very good posts and I think they are under the Wiki as well.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6462|A W S M F O X
Watch some of the vid sin media section, boomed TBF, and anyothers you see with F-35 in title.
TehTacoKing
''Its nothing serious but i am bleeding badly''
+13|5987|Mountain Dew
The videos dosent help much. Their taking away the clips wjhile some J10 locked on
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6462|A W S M F O X

TehTacoKing wrote:

The videos dosent help much. Their taking away the clips wjhile some J10 locked on
Eh...say what!?

Those vids should help you understand how to kill J-10's, fly, tracking etc etc etc

Videos are the most helpful way of learning how to rape.

Last edited by JET_G raidensen (2007-12-12 08:22:12)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

Play a more balanced air map. Wake = uber fail.

Zatar and Oman with the F35's vs MIG's is a lot better.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6154|Vancouver | Canada
Fly at 400 meters.

Seriously.

Most J10 pilots will fly at nearly ground level, so it's easy to spot them.
Dive down onto their 6, and chase them around till they're going in a relatively straight line, then let 'em have it with your machine gun.

If you're horrible with the MG, switch to missiles until they  drop flares, then switch back to bomb and keep chasing them till they think they've shaken you off. Then let 'em have it with missiles.
Oh and don't spam all your missiles at once. Fire off with 1 second intervals.
Whenever I spam all my missiles as fast as possible, they tend to completely miss. With the little intervals, I nearly always get one hit.
..Sometimes two.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6557|Hungary
Yeah fly high as possible over 300 so the J-10 (overpowered hoe) wont spot you as he is too busy with raping the carrier or the first flag.
Yes im talking from Wake Island. What to do ?
As Snake said try to find other air maps like Kubra, Zatar, Gulf and dont forget the Euro Force maps like Taraba or Smoke.
Ya i know Euro Fighter Typhoon = J10
Fushe is also an option where you have the F-18 instead of the F35 JSF (largest hitbox ever)
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6408|Espoo, Finland
Just go fly at 300-400 m and don't use the missiles. Then you should be quite safe from the J10s.

venom6 wrote:

As Snake said try to find other air maps like Kubra, Zatar, Gulf and dont forget the Euro Force maps like Taraba or Smoke.
No one remembers Clean Sweep. It's an awsm airmap. I've been playing quite a lot of it recently after I found a 24/7 OCS server.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I don't recommend listening to the "Try maps with balanced jets."
The way I look at it, the harder the challenge, the better you get.

B-Scimitar wrote:

Just go fly at 300-400 m and don't use the missiles. Then you should be quite safe from the J10s.

venom6 wrote:

No one remembers Clean Sweep. It's an awsm airmap. I've been playing quite a lot of it recently after I found a 24/7 OCS server.
If you got a good dogfighter in an F18 on your team, you can rack up so many kills in the F15.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

BE ENGINNER. When you see a J10 chasing you in your F35 bail out, and drop mines like crazy. One will hit his plane. You win!
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6242|TEXAS
dont fly take a tank! M1A2 FTW!
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6335

eaglecorps wrote:

dont fly take a tank! M1A2 FTW!
*rams jet into your tank an bails out* haha

f35 is the best jet in the game

ppl just don't know how to use it. i will admit it has some flaws but so does the rest of the game.

don't use your flairs to soon, fly high and fast never slow down.
san4
The Mas
+311|6687|NYC, a place to live
Definitely stay high. When I'm in an F-35 and I see a J-10 below me, I get behind & above it, fire all six missiles as fast as I can and immediately pull up back to a high altitude. I won't try to get into a dogfight because I know the J-10 will outmaneuver me. Just do a hit-and-run attack and get back up to the clouds.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

san4 wrote:

Definitely stay high. When I'm in an F-35 and I see a J-10 below me, I get behind & above it, fire all six missiles as fast as I can and immediately pull up back to a high altitude. I won't try to get into a dogfight because I know the J-10 will outmaneuver me. Just do a hit-and-run attack and get back up to the clouds.
F35s can outmaneuver J10s easily if you know how to.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

B-Scimitar wrote:

venom6 wrote:

Aye, I joined you last night and then the round ended and you left! Then me and RD whored that server for the next 2hours.
TV2 ftw.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England

B-Scimitar wrote:

venom6 wrote:

6 more hours and you have a 1337 BF2 time...

And tell me this Cleansweep Server. It's been ages since I played on it... Used to be my favourite map.
san4
The Mas
+311|6687|NYC, a place to live

DefCon-17 wrote:

san4 wrote:

I don't know how to.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6220|Finland
tbh i suck at f-35b, that's only thing in whole game where i suck baadly!
Well i guess i go to train my skills with these tips, maybe i learn something new
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6408|Espoo, Finland

Snake wrote:

B-Scimitar wrote:

venom6 wrote:

Aye, I joined you last night and then the round ended and you left! Then me and RD whored that server for the next 2hours.
TV2 ftw.
Sorry, but my friend wanted to play some CS:S with me.

@ FFLink: TV2 - 07 CLEANSWEEP

Last edited by B-Scimitar (2007-12-13 06:57:29)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone
just Fucking Google It
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
RuhRoh
+2|6539|DC area, USA
I've found that if you get in behind them in bomb mode and wait for them to start making a run at a target, most people don;t want to break off when they think they can get that kill and get away. You have time to get those shots off before they turn hard.

Guns work best against j10's as a lot of pilots don't check their sixes frequently.

Thing about the f35 vs the j10 is they turn charper than you, don;t keep turning the same way. When you gain a little turn advantage, change the direction, they react to changes in direction slower than you. But to do it properly you have to check them in fly-by mode.
Killya
+4|6289
Some good advice posted here... hit and run, don't let him know you are there with missle lock..keep on bomb target and use MGs if you can.  Wait until they hit the runway, the j10 has to slow down to get 2 bombs and that is the easiest time to loop out of the clouds onto it's 6 and blast 'em.  Against noobie to normal j10 pilots, these tactics work pretty good.

The f35 can out-turn the j10 in 2 ways.  One is up high, the f35 has a higher ceiling and will maintain more control at that envelope, you can trick j10 pilots into flying above their ceiling and loosing control sometimes too.  the j10 has the lowests flying ceiling of the jets.

The other way is at slower speeds.  The j10 will out-turn you in a couple of seconds on a simple turn, but you can actually out-turn the j10 if you go from full speed to hover and execute a inverted split-s.   to do this, go from full thrust to the least thrust, this kicks in the hover mode on the f35.  as soon as you feel the hover kicking in (it takes about 2 seconds to change) do a split-s.  The j10 will likely fly past you, and then you can go back to full thrust and pull on their 6.   You really have to anticipate the jet flying past you and cut back to full thrust before you see it flying past you.  If you can see it fly past you, it is too late to cut from hover to thrust to follow them.  I imagine in real life this would work even better in an f35 but in BF2 there is about a 2 second delay in changing back and forth from hover to thrust modes.

If you don't know what a split-s is, google it, it is hard to describe in text.  you need to yaw and roll at the same time and then pull back in the opposite direction to execute.  I use a joystick as it is hard to do this with a keyboard.  On a joystick for example, yaw to the right and point the joystick to the lower right hand corner, once you are upside down, then yaw to the left and push the joystick forward to the upper left corner until you are right side up again.  use this maneuver as your primary way of defending against missles.  A j10 can spam all 6 missles at you and will miss if you hit flares while rolling on a inverted split s the flares will go out in a circle and protect you.   You can also then loop back down into your flares or stay behind them for a second or too if the pilot didn't shoot them all at you in the first volley.

most j10 pilots like to just go in circles to out turn you if you are on their 6.  you can execute a yo-yo manuever to counter this , it is hard to execute right and takes practice to do.  It is basically a parabolic high or low arc while turning which effectively works on a jet with more manueverability if they are turning on a simple left or right turn.  A low yo-yo is not advisable against the j10 because if you mess up you are too low and wont be able to escape, but a low yo-yo does work on migs very well if you slow down a little while doing this maneuver.   A high yo-yo is where you arc upwards and then down again while turning.  if you are not lined up right on the way back down, you can then pull up again and escape.  lining it up so you are pulling in on their 6 is takes practice and a little luck.  A good pilot will see this and will stop their turn or turn back the other way, but most wont.  check this link out to see this in 3-d...  http://members.tripod.com/~F15EEagle/hiyoyo.html .
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

san4 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

san4 wrote:

I don't know how to.
What RuhRoh said.

F35s react faster to turns, so you got to use that to your advantage.

I'm still working on it, but I usually manage to outmaneuver the average J10 user.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard