Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

I tried explaining Rick Roll to my friends IRL one time. They simply could not grasp the concept of tricking someone into seeing a silly 80s music video. I ultimately made my point when I set all of the Mac homepages to Rick Roll, which made the librarian think there was some sort of virus on the macs.

I can't say "cry moar" or "gb2INSERTPLACEHERE" or "lulz" in real life. "Lulz" is the internet equivalent of "sick" or "cool" or "ballin."

I can't say WarpaQ quotes either.

And if I say "I got raped by those dudes!" or "IM GONNA RAPE YOU", they really DO get all "srs bsns"... I'd get a restraining order if I said "r u 4 sexes chat" to a girl.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6568|CH/BR - in UK

Because
1: Nerds tend to be on the internet more, and make these jokes
2: Spelling is funny, a lot is in that. You need to read this stuff.

-konfusion
geNius
..!.,
+144|6460|SoCal
Nerd jokes are generally only appealing to other nerds.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6252|Texas
i can't use some of the newer stuff, but alot of ppl who spend like 5 min on their comp everyday use "lol" and understand "rofl" and "lmao" alot of my teachers do too =P. Personally, i use real words and correct grammar like a proper english speaker. I mainly say this crap to be funny, or when i'm hyper (especially in comp sci ap).
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6568|CH/BR - in UK

Actually, I think roflmao is one of the best expression that you can say in real life - but only amongst other nerds.

-konfusion
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6543|South Florida

Hurricane wrote:

I tried explaining Rick Roll to my friends IRL one time. They simply could not grasp the concept of tricking someone into seeing a silly 80s music video. I ultimately made my point when I set all of the Mac homepages to Rick Roll, which made the librarian think there was some sort of virus on the macs.

I can't say "cry moar" or "gb2INSERTPLACEHERE" or "lulz" in real life. "Lulz" is the internet equivalent of "sick" or "cool" or "ballin."

And if I say "I got raped by those dudes!" or "IM GONNA RAPE YOU", they really DO get all "srs bsns"... I'd get a restraining order if I said "r u 4 sexes chat" to a girl.
That copypasta was delicious!

Last edited by Mitch (2007-12-11 18:06:04)

15 more years! 15 more years!
Master*
Banned
+416|6512|United States
Nerds dont have to do with anything, you can have a nerd that doesnt get any of those jokes. It doesnt work because its an inside joke, people arent gonna get it.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6671|USA
the internet crowd is more open and different than "RL". though it was ironic how you used internet slang to describe why you can't use it in real life. kudos for "t3h punz0rs."
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6252|Texas

geNius wrote:

Nerd jokes are generally only appealing to other nerds.
i'm not a nerd...
i spend the majority of my free time either on something sports related or going out with my friends. I only play saturday nights. I spend maybe 3 hours total each week on teh internatz.
Hurricane
Banned

Mitch wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

What the fuck are you on about?
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6715

Hurricane wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Trying to be funny, I thinks.
Hurricane
Banned

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Trying to be funny, I thinks.
/failing because I wrote that myself... wouldn't be surprised if another angry nerd posted something similar though...
David.P
Banned
+649|6291
Because if you said any of the shit from 4chan irl you'd be arrested!
Dragonclaw
+186|6323|Florida

David.P wrote:

Because if you said any of the shit from 4chan irl you'd be arrested!
Sadly this is true in most cases. More reasons why Internets > RL. The only thing RL > Internets in is sex. You cant have good secks online.

Last edited by Dragonclaw (2007-12-11 18:50:08)

twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6468|Chuck Town, SC
i say lulz, and epic fail in physics ... and everyone laughs - i got the one black kid in the class thinking noob means uneducated black people
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6644|Sea to globally-cooled sea

twinke228 wrote:

i say lulz, and epic fail in physics ... and everyone laughs - i got the one black kid in the class thinking noob means uneducated black people
lmao about noob!

"i can has" works in real life.  pwn is another good one.  and "teh"
[email protected]
+28|6242
I've yelled:
IMA CHARGIN MAH LASER during the "moment of silence" most public schools enforce, and got a few distant "IMA BLASTINS" from down the hall.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6237|Phoenix, AZ
lol dude I totally feel your pain.
I was talking to my dad and I said, "Taco bell is win man..."

the convo went like this

"cause Taco Bell is full of win man!"
"Taco bell is what??"
"Win."
"Win... What the fuck?[true words, my dad curses]"
"Win, like good?"
"Why the hell cant so speak proper english, win doesnt even make sense..."

they just dont get it irl man...

but i did teach this kid the terms, fail, win, epic win, nub, lulz in computer class when we play halo.... today during a lecture he stood up, grabbed my monitor started humping it PP style and was yelling in a whisper (cant describe it), "OHHH WIN, WIN!!!!! NOOB! WIN!!! YOU GOT RAPED SON!"

Then sat down and got the weirdest look from my teacher.

Karma for shared feelings

and LOL AT NOOB=Uneducated black people!!!!

Last edited by GodFather (2007-12-11 19:11:05)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6363|Twyford, UK
Who says they don't? I pepper my speech liberally with l33t and internet slang around my friends. Of course, nobody else would actually understand me, but it's still funny to call emo kids noobs.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York
They do. With other internet-related people. My friend in science cracked up when my Bio teacher described the Endoplasmic Reticulum as "a series of tubes".

And also, off topic or not, I ended my last current event essay with the fresh prince lyrics. My teacher cracked up.

Last edited by Poseidon (2007-12-11 19:54:40)

CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6525
this one girl i talk to on msn whom im good friends with was talking to me and i said something like

"thats gay, tbh"
"whats tbh"
"to be honest"
"ohhh lol, ive never heard that"
"failkayla is fail"   <---- didnt actually put that tbh
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|6000
I say fail a lot in real life, also say FOAD as well, taught most of my friends what it means . Then you get the standard ones like lol, rofl, lmao that everyone knows.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6702|United States of America
I have to really stop sneaking the word "lulz" into my everyday conversation though. It doesn't seem anyone grasps that it's a corruption of LOL.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6545|London (At Heart)

I say lolololol, pwn and lulz irl.

edit: Oh yeah, and noob

Last edited by Shem (2007-12-12 04:59:22)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6215|Winland

I say lol, and own/owned in swedish IRL (Äg/Ägd). And a mate of mine often say NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGER
NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGER

to people he messes with.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard