Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6482|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I haven't played the PC Version of this game yet, but I do have the Xbox 360 version.  From what I've seen, there is A LOT more complaining on PC Forums for CoD4, than there are for the 360 Version.  I've also noticed that at least 85%(conservative Estimate) of the people on the 360 Version sound and act much more mature, but that could be because the retards are on Halo 3.  There's almost no complaints about Martyrdom, grenade launchers, air power, the M16, lag, or well anything.  Could it be because everyone has to use the same hardware settings as everyone else?  Why is there such a vast difference (that is quite reversed if you ask me) between the communities of the PC, and 360 Versions of this game.  Any PS3 Owners have similar/opposite observations?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6160|Vancouver | Canada
I don't know.

Maybe PC users whine and bitch more.

I think it depends on the game.
When I played Halo 2, all I heard was 14 year olds talking shit. When I played Splinter Cell: PT, it was pretty much all mature people, even the 14 year olds.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6694|Tampa Bay Florida
I think PC users hold their games up to higher standards, whereas console gamers are just happy to play the game they've got and don't think twice about it.

But when you're on PC boards, you'er not going to get a very fair consensus.  There's a lot of people who play games casually and don't complain at all.  Both on consoles and PCs.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6482|Communist Republic of CA, USA

Spearhead wrote:

I think PC users hold their games up to higher standards, whereas console gamers are just happy to play the game they've got and don't think twice about it.

But when you're on PC boards, you'er not going to get a very fair consensus.  There's a lot of people who play games casually and don't complain at all.  Both on consoles and PCs.
The general misconception amongst PC gamers is that Console gamers are a lesser being, and settle for less.  Each format takes skill in it's own right, and console gamers are in no way "Happy to just play the game they have".  Console gamers seem more down to earth than PC Gamers.  Console Games can be patched, and so can PC games, yet you find a lot less people complaining about the slightest bugs in a console game than you do on the PC.  GRANTED, anyone playing Halo 2, Halo 3, or Gears of War is a Complete and Total Fucktard, and a shame to gaming on the whole, but if you look at the communities of Tom Clancy Games, or CoD4, you will find the audience is much more mature than that on the PC (in general).  Odd.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Look, I dont think you can just say one group is like this and the other group is like that. 

Console gamers are much more casual.  PC gamers are into it all the way, most of the time.  I've always thought serious gamers on the consoles were a little.. misplaced. 

Other than that though, I dont think you can make that kinda statement.  The truth is CoD1 was one of the best damn games in history, then when they consolize it, wala, its simplified to hell.  So yeah, I think console gamers are into it because they can play the game, not because its the best game out there.

I've got an Xbox360 btw, played hundreds of hours on it, so this is not some PC elitist speaking here.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6724|Scotland
the reason is:

on a PC, you have a HDD you can load the game onto. Therefore patching is a lot easier compared to shipping out new CDs to everyone who purchased the game for a console.

Testing for consoles is much more thorough for that very purpose.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6340|Oregon
PC gamers have different expectations.
Halo 3 is the "best" console shooter ever.
That's fucking sad. So when CoD 4 comes along... it's like their messiah.

Also, as stated above, PC gamers know that patching can happen, thus, they ask for changes.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6648

Airwolf wrote:

the reason is:

on a PC, you have a HDD you can load the game onto. Therefore patching is a lot easier compared to shipping out new CDs to everyone who purchased the game for a console.

Testing for consoles is much more thorough for that very purpose.
ever use xbox live?
topthrill05
+125|6582|Rochester NY USA
I have played Halo 2, Halo 3 and Gears of War. I am not a fucktard.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6648
MOH:Airborne is pretty fun on xbox live
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

topthrill05 wrote:

I have played Halo 2, Halo 3 and Gears of War. I am not a fucktard.
But there are many who do nothing but play console games, and are fucktards.  You're on BF2s.com, so you obviously play both PC and X360 games, like me.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6761|Argentina
There's little bitching and complaining about this game compared to BF2.  There's no lag f.i. and this game is pretty simple, you must kill people, no tactics, no vehicles, therefore no apc whoring/camping.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6743

sergeriver wrote:

this game is pretty simple, you must kill people, no tactics, no vehicles, therefore no apc whoring/camping.
Which is why it sucks as a whole compared to BF2
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6451|Chicago, IL
Since PC users have the ability to modify game content at any time, they expect the makers to address issues rapidly, since they can easily change the programming of the game.

We also have a better knowledge of the mechanics behind games and computer operations, and notice problems faster...
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6634|Washington, DC

S.Lythberg wrote:

Since PC users have the ability to modify game content at any time, they expect the makers to address issues rapidly, since they can easily change the programming of the game.

We also have a better knowledge of the mechanics behind games and computer operations, and notice problems faster...
Uhm, PSN and XBL both update their games when developers release patches for them. They are stored on the hard drive.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6451|Chicago, IL

Hurricane wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Uhm, PSN and XBL both update their games when developers release patches for them. They are stored on the hard drive.
yes, but since the coding for the game cannot be changed, it is more difficult to code patches for a console game, and would take longer.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6646|can

djphetal wrote:

PC gamers have different expectations.
Halo 3 is the "best" console shooter ever.
That's fucking sad. So when CoD 4 comes along... it's like their messiah.
QFMFT
[ŘǍĐİøǍČŦİVẸ]
+5|6001|Hell

S.Lythberg wrote:

I second that opinion. PC gamers know, regardless of age, about patches and mods ect. but console gamers see the flaws in the games after they buy it but most think thats how the game was made. I know that isn't true for all people but a lot of people don't know how to patch console games where PC games the patches come pretty much automatically (don't have xBox live so i don't know how it works there).
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6443|Brisbane, Australia

[ŘǍĐİøǍČŦİVẸ] wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I second that opinion. PC gamers know, regardless of age, about patches and mods ect. but console gamers see the flaws in the games after they buy it but most think thats how the game was made. I know that isn't true for all people but a lot of people don't know how to patch console games where PC games the patches come pretty much automatically (don't have xBox live so i don't know how it works there).
I think you will find that the patching situation is completely the opposite.

"noobs" on PC will struggle getting the right patch more often than not, whereas consoles are all "auto updating" (I think).

Otherwise I agree.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|5988|Halifax, West Yorkshire
It's probably something very simple. Like PC gamers are already on their PC's and therefor closer to forums where they can bitch.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6569|Area 51
Not everyone has Xbox Live and therefore can't play online. Every numbnutz with a decent PC, CoD4 and an internet connection can go online, therefore there are much more online PC gamers and so the numbers.  of retards and whiners will increase.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6295|Washington St.
My roommate has a PS3 and plays it a lot (right now actually) and I watch him from time to time and I've yet to see anyone (nor has he) complain. That's ingame online, he doesn't go to any PS3 forums for it so maybe all the complaining is done outside the actual game (if that's what the OP was refering to).
Also, patching is really easy with PS3 and 360, it just goes automatically and there's no need to find the right website, download the correct patch, install in order, etc. It just does it all for you. So whoever said they have to do it a different way (mail out new CD's?!? Are you serious?) is dumb.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6478|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Pc gamers like me know the potential of a game, far outstripping the consoles, so when we get something not working quite right we make sure everyone hears about it.
Take Gears of war for instance, it worked spot fine on the Xbox360, i bought mine for pc and it kept crashing to desktop so everyone moaned about it so it would get sorted, and soon enough it did.

On another note, im not complaining about COD4, it runs like a dream on my pc all on maxed out settings..no complaints

Last edited by ELITE-UK (2007-12-10 23:41:42)

trackstarr
+18|6705|Swing and a miss
PC owners just tend to bitch more.

Maybe because they've upgraded the shit out of their computer to play a game

Where as console owners are in a more laid back atmosphere (ex. kicking it on the couch playing a game, feels more social, face is not right infront of screen)

other then that i don't know
TrueMusou
+36|6165|United States Of Hamerica
I play the 360 version...although I do not bitch and whine whilst playing, I will take this time too bitch and whine.

M16 + Stopping Power is For N00bs
Grenade Launching is for N00bs
Matrydom is for N00bs

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard