weasel_thingo
+74|6325

Ryan wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

um infinityward doesnt seem to be loading for me right now anyone got another link to download from?
http://games.internode.on.net/filelist. … ails=13819
thanks heaps
Hallvard
+262|6521|North Norway

what is this talk about bullets not following sway before? I could perfectly hit people before without holding breath did it a lot if someone phoned me while I was playing
VicktorVauhn
+319|6391|Southern California

krazed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

I haven't played CoD4 yet, but isn't there a perk that lets you hold your breath longer or something? If that's the case, then isn't it now completely useless if you don't need to hold your breath to snipe? Or does it just eliminate sway, whereas if you don't hold your breath it'll still sway?
Kinda a debatable topic....Here is MY take:
I still use breathing a tiny bit, but you
the problem was that even with breath holding the hit reg sucked so bad sometimes you could drop a mag into someone and still register no hits
I hear this from a lot of people but I have a hard time beliveing they were doing it right? I didn't spend a TON of time as sniper but I did get an award or two and I literally never had a single shot miss when I aimed right.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North

VicktorVauhn wrote:

krazed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Kinda a debatable topic....Here is MY take:
I still use breathing a tiny bit, but you
the problem was that even with breath holding the hit reg sucked so bad sometimes you could drop a mag into someone and still register no hits
I hear this from a lot of people but I have a hard time beliveing they were doing it right? I didn't spend a TON of time as sniper but I did get an award or two and I literally never had a single shot miss when I aimed right.
i tested it multiple times on stationary targets... the majority of shots fired had hitreg issues and just werent counted :\

now today, near 100% hitreg
VicktorVauhn

krazed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

krazed wrote:

i tested it multiple times on stationary targets... the majority of shots fired had hitreg issues and just werent counted :\

how many heartbeats did you hold your breath when you were testing it before?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6155|Vancouver | Canada
..Did they change the amount of heartbeats it takes to get the crosshair completely still?
VicktorVauhn

DefCon-17 wrote:

..Did they change the amount of heartbeats it takes to get the crosshair completely still?
I don't think they changed anything like that....

seems like they only adjusted the accuracy (or hit detection depending on who you talk to ) of the gun when the sight isn't completely steadied....
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North

VicktorVauhn wrote:

krazed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

held it until it didnt move, tried shooting without it being perfectly steady as well, im telling you it was the hitreg! even the developers said the hitreg was off >.<
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

steamnews wrote:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare update released
December 6, 2007, 6:44 pm - Jason Ruymen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Fixed a case in which un-pure players were able to play on pure servers

Set properties so that Anti-lag is always switched to "on" once a map loads

Fixed an issue with sniper rifle accuracy at certain distances

Text chat between rounds of multiplayer will no longer cut out at the end
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
VicktorVauhn

krazed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

krazed wrote:

held it until it didnt move, tried shooting without it being perfectly steady as well, im telling you it was the hitreg! even the developers said the hitreg was off >.<
lol, I'm not trying to say anyone is wrong but it worked 100% for me (assuming you held breath for like 2+ seconds, otherwise yeah it was fucked but I thought they wanted it like that)

As far as the devs saying "fixing hit registration problems" they have a PR role to play as well, had they explained it the other way a lot more people would miss-understand and bitch about the hit reg being messed up and still needing fixing, then they would have to explain and prove how its not hitreg its the system they designed, then everyone goes "zomg thts stoopid " then they have to explain their vision of balance, and what they were attempting to do, yadda yaddaa.....or they could just say "we are fixing hitreg" cause thats close enough, nothing needs to be explained and what the community wants fixed is fixed.
At least thats the way I see it
motherdear
+25|6650|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)

DefCon-17 wrote:

..My Steam isn't updating.

If they removed the sniper scope sway, I'd stop playing MP.
it does (even though it doesn't look like it)

press console ½/§ and it says 1.3
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6808|Marathon, Florida Keys

Ty wrote:

UK|Hooligan wrote:

This will effect me 0%

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb27 … SNIPER.jpg
It will most likely effect me though:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/ … nipers.png
sniper noob
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6170|New Austin, Not
M-14 + ACOG= Win (now anyways). Thank you 1.3 and IW.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK
Why wont the link load up for me?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard