Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6290

OneSixty wrote:

Still reminds me of when ya start cursen the drugs ya taking. Sure raves were a different party last year, but the drugs dont suck, you just had to many of them-  and your left behind when everyone else goes off to bigger and better things.
What he said
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6565|the best galaxy
BF2 is still alive (thank god)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
OneSixty
+14|6511|Melbourne
And ya know what sometimes pastures arnt greener and these good old days are all some of us might of had. I came back to bf2. But i have my many other games to play.. You know what the good old days are..  donkey kong arcade point comps, 2d games .. not yesterday..
Dragonclaw
+186|6323|Florida
The BF2 community has turned into dumbasses. Nearly everyone who plays now only cares about stats so there is an extreme lack of teamwork and all the servers have lame shit like "NO LANGUAGE BECAUSE WE R ALL 5 YEAR OLDZ" or "ADMINS GET VEHICLES OR PERM BAN". But yes, I miss the "good old days" where no one really gave a shit about stats and the good server to shit server ratio was high.

Last edited by Dragonclaw (2007-12-02 07:50:19)

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6540

Dragonclaw wrote:

where no one really gave a shit about stats
a lot more people used to care about stats than do now. i am one of them.
OneSixty
+14|6511|Melbourne
Agreed .. and i dont want to make myself seem like any more of an ass than i actually am, but this whole thread still makes me laugh a bit.

Remember last year when we could throw c4 1 metre and rain down hell like the lighning bolts of thor on noobs and the just say hax hax and we loled.. i mean common...
  Remember when people made a game.. and that was it. If it had a fuckup that was it no patches. if it was a good game that worked we played it.
Patches only came around when pentuim 1 was around really ( dont quote me on that obviously ) bout win 95 etc, before in dos there were no patches there was no forums , WE ARE SORT OF REALLY LUCKY, well i think anyway.. Biggups to BF2 and everything that comes with it. fuck it i love the shit. If its dead ill be a dead loven sonofabitch.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6778|San Antonio, Texas
What we need is populated 1.12 patched servers running. Then I would play a lot more. But you have to admit the past 700+ days were good and good times usually, sadly, never last forever.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6304|eng

OneSixty wrote:

Agreed .. and i dont want to make myself seem like any more of an ass than i actually am, but this whole thread still makes me laugh a bit.

Remember last year when we could throw c4 1 metre and rain down hell like the lighning bolts of thor on noobs and the just say hax hax and we loled.. i mean common...
  Remember when people made a game.. and that was it. If it had a fuckup that was it no patches. if it was a good game that worked we played it.
Patches only came around when pentuim 1 was around really ( dont quote me on that obviously ) bout win 95 etc, before in dos there were no patches there was no forums , WE ARE SORT OF REALLY LUCKY, well i think anyway.. Biggups to BF2 and everything that comes with it. fuck it i love the shit. If its dead ill be a dead loven sonofabitch.
That last bit was full of passion.
#rekt
Dragonclaw
+186|6323|Florida

ig wrote:

Dragonclaw wrote:

But they were more into teamwork to gain stats than the n00b methods they use now. Also a big part of the downfall of BF2 was patch 1.3
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York
I don't really remember them, I only started playing BF2 in '06.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6215|Winland

I miss 'em. But I hardly play BF2 anymore.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6379|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR

Poseidon wrote:

I don't really remember them, I only started playing BF2 in '06.
nub
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

I was a lone wolf...still am.  So ha!  I feel none of your pain you humans call x-fire.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6639|Gold coast, Aus.
Sigh... I remember when I got the game and all my mates came around to play it. And we were always trying to get better scores and we were like "HOLY SHIT THIS KIT HAS SOME FUCKING C4 THIS GAME FUCKING OWNS MOTHERFUCKER". Then I moved. Then I hated everyone. Then I turned emo. Now all I do is sit on forums bitching at people.

Ah, the good old days ;_;
colonelioan
+14|6474|Kanada
Battlefield 2 became too accessible, ive played last night just to see STAT PAD ONLY servers, normal servers with noobs.

I joined 1 on oman, all the team was made of noobs, about half the team was waiting for the chopper etc etc...

2142 is a survivor, its still fine before every noob decides to invade it as well.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6774|Scotland

colonelioan wrote:

Battlefield 2 became too accessible, ive played last night just to see STAT PAD ONLY servers, normal servers with noobs.

I joined 1 on oman, all the team was made of noobs, about half the team was waiting for the chopper etc etc...

2142 is a survivor, its still fine before every noob decides to invade it as well.
2142 was a complete failure.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6540

Dragonclaw wrote:

ig wrote:

Dragonclaw wrote:

But they were more into teamwork to gain stats than the n00b methods they use now. Also a big part of the downfall of BF2 was patch 1.3
and 1.4 sure as fuck didnt help
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6760|FUCK UBISOFT

Zimmer wrote:

Yeah. The days when you could just get on xFire and you would get about 3 windows asking
"Want a game of BF2? We got tons of guys on the server"
The days when you could just join up any server and some of your friends would follow you into it.

The days when you could basically go onto any server and find one of your friends playing on it.
yay, its me!
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6565|the best galaxy
Why don't You guys install the game and start playing again? - new players are joining and the bunnies are gone (almost) - it's great - just loads of good players.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
aLeX
.?
+160|6349|:D

I miss the 90's

Edit: Kudos to the guy with the fucking annoying sig ^

Last edited by aLeX (2007-12-02 12:23:37)

colonelioan
+14|6474|Kanada

Zimmer wrote:

colonelioan wrote:

2142 was a complete failure.
I really don't understand you, why was 2142 a failure? Its not a bad game.

At least there aren't statpad servers in 2142. But i get the feeling that it wont last... and another game dying.

Bf2 is also dying, why, well even if you get go "Zomg its not dead there s' like 2000 servers still up" But the problem is that most of those servers are empty..
0akleaves
+183|6631|Newcastle UK
i do alot, just want 2 go into a server and have all my team as people i know.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6672

I've never had anyone IM me on xfire wanting to play BF2
/wrists

I still play BF2. In fact I'm getting back into it after a short hiatus (BF2 phases in and out of my life). I don't have many buddies on xfire, but I'll join them if I see them playing BF2. But mostly I play Special Forces, I'm sick of vanilla and SF is way more exciting to me. Only problem is that my computer is so shitty that I can't join any servers with more than 26-30 people in it, otherwise I get major lag. But no worries! I'm building a new system in time for Winter Break, so I'll be playing loads and loads.

I'd love to play with anyone if you just add me on xfire

colonelioan wrote:

Hah, yeah I notice that too. I remember I'd only see one or two statpad servers out of a couple thousand. But now when I play, it seems every third server is a statpad server. It's pretty sad.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2007-12-02 15:14:51)

colonelioan
+14|6474|Kanada
Pretty sad indeed, so wanna play sometime?
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6457|Brisbane, Australia

gene_pool wrote:

Gaming is absolutely terrible lately. If I didn't hate absolutely everyone I know, I would occasionally go out some time.
gene you are a silly boy
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard