DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6164|Vancouver | Canada
Anyone else find it awesomely awesome?

It got just enough drift to require a little skill combined with holding breath, and the kills are usually quite satisfactory.

The occasional non-registered hit is annoying, but I guess that's 'life'.

Anyways, discuss sniping.
trackstarr
+18|6709|Swing and a miss
barret .50 ftw
went 26 and 0 on bloc with it

was sniping on the run too
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6297|Pacific NW, USA
I think sniping is boring.  I like getting in people's faces and shooting them with a shotgun.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I haven't unlocked that one yet.

I love my R700 though.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6768|San Antonio, Texas
Nothing is more satisfying then nailing a bunny-hopping n00b in the face with the .50 cal.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6140|Scotland!
Sniping is cool unless you're on Bloc or that other map with the hangars and stuff, then I hate you. Stop camping and defend the bomb.
trackstarr
+18|6709|Swing and a miss
Barret is awesome when you are running through buildings and run into someone and just unload the rifle
Makes me feel like Arnold when i use it, love/hate the sound of the gun.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Sniping is cool unless you're on Bloc or that other map with the hangars and stuff, then I hate you. Stop camping and defend the bomb.
Don't camping and defending go hand in hand?
Unless you got some secret way of offensively defending.

I rarely snipe on the hangar map. Too much garbage in the way.

G3 FTW.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6456|Newcastle NSW Australia
I don't know why it is but sniping fails for me. My .50cal takes 2 shots to kill ALWAYS where other rifles will often kill in one shot. Also I get shitty rego with sniper rifles. If I could fix those things I would love it.
psH
Banned
+217|6391|Sydney
skorpion + silencer please.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

I'm a Sniper. It's tough and some shots that were obviously hits miss anyway which sucks, but it's still satisfying. My favourite rifle in CoD4 would probably be the M21, the Barrett just gives away your position too much. Plus with a semi-auto it can help you if you're caught in close range and it has higher capacity. A headshot is a one-hit-kill with any Sniper Rifle so there's no need to the limited capacity of a bolt action. I just take my time with my shots and reload after every shot, it gives your breathing a chance to slow down so you can take your next shot when you're ready.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Is the M21 the one that starts with a scope or without a scope?
weasel_thingo
+74|6334
M21 is the fisrt unlock sniper
M14 is the  plain rifle

i like sniping in CoD4 but it isnt really that great, the guns are weak, the shots dont seem to rego properly and you get shit all ammo. i still snipe though and when the shots rego it is awesome
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

DefCon-17 wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Don't camping and defending go hand in hand?
Unless you got some secret way of offensively defending.

I rarely snipe on the hangar map. Too much garbage in the way.

G3 FTW.
I hate those whores who bind mwheelup & mwheeldown to fire with the G3,, imo they are just as much exploiters as people in bf2 going through walls,,,
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
VicktorVauhn
+319|6400|Southern California
I do find the sniping in CoD rather gratifying when I get it right....still pretty poor at it myself though.
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6700|England
I love my blue Barrett. Soon to be red Barrett. Use it on nearly every map. It owns.
FloppY_
­

Drykill wrote:

I love my blue Barrett. Soon to be red Barrett. Use it on nearly every map. It owns.
Red barret isn't that special tbh,,, blue looks nicer,, on all my sniper rifles

Last edited by FloppY_ (2007-11-27 02:00:06)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

I dunno, my Red Barrett looks meaner than my Blue one did I reckon.

Sniping is really not made easy. The maps are designed so Snipers never have a clear line of sight and the whole breathing thing is tough - first the fact that it moves, then the fact that you get a limited amount of time where it doesn't move, then you have a long "cool-down" time in which you're crosshairs are moving like mad AND you cannot steady them until you catch your breath AND when you steady it it's not completely steady until you've been holding your breath for a couple of seconds. Then we get the whole issue where you swore your crosshair was on the enemy and it didn't hit, or when you swear you got a headshot and the guy only got injured... so when you get it right, or when you're simply "in the zone" it is a satisfying feeling.
[Blinking eyes thing]
FloppY_
­

Ty wrote:

I dunno, my Red Barrett looks meaner than my Blue one did I reckon.

Sniping is really not made easy. The maps are designed so Snipers never have a clear line of sight and the whole breathing thing is tough - first the fact that it moves, then the fact that you get a limited amount of time where it doesn't move, then you have a long "cool-down" time in which you're crosshairs are moving like mad AND you cannot steady them until you catch your breath AND when you steady it it's not completely steady until you've been holding your breath for a couple of seconds. Then we get the whole issue where you swore your crosshair was on the enemy and it didn't hit, or when you swear you got a headshot and the guy only got injured... so when you get it right, or when you're simply "in the zone" it is a satisfying feeling.
Yep.....

One map is designed for snipers though,, Wet Work is really a sniper vs. sniper battle when your not counting the people running around amongst the containers...
oh the jolly good 32 kill streaks i have had with my snipers on wet work
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6456|Newcastle NSW Australia
Asif colour your weapon, they look sexy in stock colours
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6471|Tyne & Wear, England

Invaderzim wrote:

I think Digital is better looking than all other camos.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
FloppY_
­

Invaderzim wrote:

Digital, Red tiger & Blue tiger are nice,,,

woodland and desert camo looks like someone shat on my weapons...

But then again,, matter of opinion

I hate the wooden look of the AK47, SVD, AK47u, RPD so i do whatever i can to make them look a little nicer

I agree with you that the weapons with different metals look best in stock colors (e.g. M14/M21)...

But the "all-(one)metal" plain grey weapons are nicer with the camo's mentioned... or gold :*)
FloppY_
­

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

I think Digital is better looking than all other camos.
same
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

I use the unlocked camos just as a status symbol. People can see I have a red tiger Sniper rifle and think that obviouly I can use it well.

Well, maybe not, but in my own little world they do. They also say "Hey Ty, you're so damn awesome, have some money."
[Blinking eyes thing]
FloppY_
­

Ty wrote:

I use the unlocked camos just as a status symbol. People can see I have a red tiger Sniper rifle and think that obviouly I can use it well.

Well, maybe not, but in my own little world they do. They also say "Hey Ty, you're so damn awesome, have some money."

EDIT: Does this mean you will give me money when i shoot you in the head with my golden Dragunov sometime soon?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2007-11-27 04:04:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard