David.P
Banned
+649|6287
Hate

Scout: Too weak to be effective, Not enough pistol ammo to engage medium range targets, Double jump is useless on 2fort because when you do do it successfully it leaves you wide open for snipers to shoot you in the head on the way down.(I've seen 8 guys get taken down by 4 snipers like that)

Soldier: Rocket spam sucks, Should not have a shotgun as a secondary weapon(Maybe he should have an assault rifle of some sort) And the rocket jump leaves you with too little health to do much fighting against enemy soldiers.

Pyro: Should not be an attack kit, Too little health for it. I also think he should not have the same shotty as soldier for secondary, Instead i'd like some molotovs or some other fire based weapon. And is way underpowered against heavies.

Heavy: Should not have shotty as secondary maybe more main weapon ammo but no secondary weapon at all. And should be an Attack kit not defend.

Demoman: This and engy are the only kits i think need to have shotty's. He needs it because mines and grenades alone are'nt good without some sort of direct fire weapon.

Engineer: Just needs a bit more health.

Doctor: Dont think they should be able to ubercharge other doctors because when one is using it the other attacks with needlegun and/or bonesaw taking down enemies better then a heavy and doctor team.

Sniper: Submachine gun is too weak when confronted by spy's.

Spy: Backstabs are hard to do when the enemy is moving even slowly. Infact stabs from a spy should atleast take off 100 damage because sometimes when backstabs dont register and your disguise is blown you get your head blown off by a heavy. The revolver does'nt seem able to do headshots.

General: Too much weapon similarity. Sentry's are too hard to destroy when as spy, solider, or demoman. Everyone and i do mean everyone in this game is moving too fast making it impossible to land any sort of headshots or bodyshots, So rocket spam seems to be the only sure to damage and enemy. Sniper vs Scout = Sniper always wins. And last everyone seems to be so eager to shoot teammates making it hard for spy's.

Scout: Shotty is nice and speed of which he moves is too.

Soldier: When done right the rocket jump can win a round.

Pyro: Fire axe is good for taking down enemies when you run out flamethrower ammo.

Heavy: You + doctor = ultimate sentry killer.

Demoman: Mines are good for setting up traps.

Engineer: Teleporters are teh sex on 2fort!(Especially when you build one in the enemies intelligence room by the desk where they cant see it well)

Doctor: Needle gun is the best weapon in the game.

Sniper: Me + Fully charged rifle = Alot of dead scouts.

Spy: This is my favorite class! I love sneaking into enemies base and blowing sentries! And backstabbing about 5 snipers on 2fort without even getting shot once!.

General: Fun game, Less buggy then bf2, And no major weapons abuse without a proper counter.

Final thoughts: All in all good game just some things need to be fixed.

Last edited by David.P (2007-11-26 22:33:52)

trackstarr
+18|6715|Swing and a miss
highfive
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6525|Gold Coast
I agree pretty much with it all, except for the doctor bits, the engy health (he isnt supposed to be an offensive), and the SMG with sniper.

2Fort is a sexy map.
LOL I love it when we're in the enemy intel room with 3 sentries and all that stuff. Its pure awesomeness.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
David.P
Banned
+649|6287

KuSTaV wrote:

I agree pretty much with it all, except for the doctor bits, the engy health (he isnt supposed to be an offensive), and the SMG with sniper.
Dude 2 doctors with ubercharge and needleguns wiped out half my team last time. I think that engy needs more health because when building he easily dies, And Snipers Smg sucks against spies because they can kill you in 2 shots with the revolver(Believe me i did. 5 spies 3 with backstab 2 with revolver. It was abit unfair to them)

Last edited by David.P (2007-11-26 22:34:14)

djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6349|Oregon
i agree with a lot of this, although I think the things you hate are all the way they are for a very, very good reason, even if it's frustrating. if you fixed all of those, the balance would be awful, and actually fixing a lot of those would lead to contradiction and blah blah yeah.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6283
I disagree with pretty much all of that.

It's perfectly fine like it is. The very fact that everyone isn't using the same kit/weapon is proof of that.

Yes, it's frustrating when your kit doesn't allow you to completely dominate like you would in BF2, but its for the best.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6678|NT, like Mick Dundee

I lol'd at parts of David's post.

David, play more. Try TFC. Etc. Your post screams 'new to TeamFortress'.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6415|dm_maidenhead
2Fort is one of the most useful maps for the double jump. You just have to be decent i.e not running in a straight line.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6179
isn't this is a bit stupid to criticize a 2½-year-old game?
cheify0
+2|6242|Philippines
nice >>>>!!!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6678|NT, like Mick Dundee

suomalainen_äijä wrote:

What the fuck are you on about?

TF2 is like 2 months old.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6415|dm_maidenhead

suomalainen_äijä wrote:

Aren't you a bit stupid to think tf2 is a 2½-year-old game
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6283
I get the feeling he read tf2 as bf2, and then just didn't read a single post of the topic before replying to it.

= stupid
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6462

I got the game yesterday and I like. But I hate the fact that alot of people that play it are French(no offence), but they speak French and I don't understand shit.

The graphics owns, really nice. There are only few maps though.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6283

r'Eeee wrote:

There are only few maps though.
There are plenty of quality custom maps out there now, many of which are superior to the original ones, so don't worry about that.
CloakedStarship
+76|6579

David.P wrote:

Hate

Scout: Wrong

Soldier: Wrong

Pyro: Wrong

Heavy: Wrong

Demoman: Wrong

Engineer: w/e

Doctor: what in the blue fuck?

Sniper: use the machete

Spy: Wrong

General: WRONG WRONG WRONG

Final thoughts: All in all good game nothing needs to be fixed.
All of the things you listed under "hate" pretty much are the things that balance the game out and make it super fun.  After reading that post i am reminded of the "nurf it" bullshit in bf2.
David.P
Banned
+649|6287

CloakedStarship wrote:

All of the things you listed under "hate" pretty much are the things that balance the game out and make it super fun.  After reading that post i am reminded of the "nurf it" bullshit in bf2.
*sigh* I hate because it makes some players nearly godlike. I'm not asking for a nerf! I want an upgrade of somethings and just a removal of doctors being able to uber each other because that needlegun is more effective then a heavy's gun. Seriously half a fucken team wiped out before the guy even had to reload!
CloakedStarship
+76|6579

David.P wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

*sigh* I hate because it makes some players nearly godlike. I'm not asking for a nerf! I want an upgrade of somethings and just a removal of doctors being able to uber each other because that needlegun is more effective then a heavy's gun. Seriously half a fucken team wiped out before the guy even had to reload!
The needle gun is a blessing for anyone with enough skill to use it.  I find it hard to weild.  Sure it might have some power but you have to deal with real time bullet drop and a slow projectile speed.  Getting hits with that thing is pretty fucking hard.  If you get a kill with it, then you earned it. 

As for medics ubering each other... well if they're both ubering each other then they're definitely not shooting anybody.  Last time I saw that event I laughed myself to tears because they just stood there with their collective thumb up their collective ass, looking very shiny but doing absolutely nothing.

Sorry if I'm coming across stern, but that hate list is just ridiculous IMO.
David.P
Banned
+649|6287
Needlegun is one of the best guns in the game. And by 2 medics ubering each other, I mean that one ubers other shoots, Switch, and repeat. It' very effective, I was ubered by another medic and got with the bonesaw alot of kills.

My hate list shows what i think is underpowered compared to the rest of the classes. Come on does pyro really need a shotty? Does heavy either? How about the snipers smg? Why cant they still kill me? I move slower then them, Hell i got 30 backstabs on the round i just got off most against snipers even after i was discovered and attacked.
CloakedStarship
+76|6579
The pyro does need a shotgun.  The flamethrower doesn't have a great distance, and does not work underwater.  The heavy does need a shotgun, he runs out of ammunition in sasha rather quickly.  They both need shotguns because they need a general purpose weapon that works effectively in most situations.  The snipers still can't kill you because you just might be a good spy.

As for the medics.  I don't care what class they uber, when you see one coming at you, you run away.  It's as simple as that.  If you get caught up in an uber shitstorm, well then, your just a victim of their strategy.  Theres not much more to say about that.
David.P
Banned
+649|6287
Pyro would be better off with a different flame based weapon. Heavy should have twice the ammo and just his fists because he has the most health.

Uber lasts 5 seconds the needlegun shoots fast as hell enough to take down anybody in 1 or 2 bursts.

And FYI I am an awesome spy
jsnipy
+3,276|6536|...

same issues over and over again when someone is first starting out ... at least ur attitude is good
David.P
Banned
+649|6287
Here are a few things i think would good changes for each class.

Scout: More pistol ammo. Not as mush as engy though.

Soldier: Instead of shotty a rifle would be better.

Pyro: Keep as is just give some more ammo to flamethrower.

Demoman: More grenades in chamber of the Grenade launcher(It has 6 barrels after all) And a shotty please!

Engy: More health maybe 150.

Heavy: More main weapon ammo.

Doctor: Keep as is. Let them uber each other it does'nt matter anymore.

Sniper: A stronger Smg would be nice.

Spy: Atleast let our backstabs register even when the target turns around. It's annoying as fuck senaking up on a heavy stab him but not get a kill because he turned so fast. And increase the damage of the knife because right now the revolver is useless against a group of enemies when your cover is blown.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6337|New Haven, CT
'Sasha' is a weak gun.
CloakedStarship
+76|6579
meh.  While there may be things I want changed, I know that how everything is now contributes to the awesome balance of the game.  It really is impossible for one class to dominate the whole game.  By restricting each class to one or two special abilities (including weaponry) it makes sure that no class is over powered.  This includes the restricted 200 ammo that comes with the chaingun and flamethrower, the demoman having the nade and sticky launcher, and the health level of all the classes.

And the spy backstab registry could do with some improvement, I've stabbed a dude with full health in the face and it got registered as a backstab.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard