globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Bf2-GeneralArnott wrote:

What are teamstackers?
I bought AF, not EF.
With EF, there's a bug that allows players not on the EU team to switch to EU. They do that to get Euro time for the Euro medal or the weapons, vehicles.
That's not a bug?
You can do that on any map, in any of the booster packs/expansion pack.

If there's no auto-balance activated on the server, you can have heavily unbalanced teams.
And since you only get the EU service medal when you play the EU army, people tend to switch to that team.

They seem to forget that they'll add time to their PLA and MEC service medals if they stay on those teams.
I think it's just because the EU medal only requires 50h, while the others need 100h, so newbies or people that started with the boosters think they'll get that one first.

Well, the EU medal is the only service medal I have right now too, but that's because I played EF exclusively for a long time, without any teamswitching.
I have Great Wall as my favourite map to proof that.

The only thing I ever did to increase the probability to get on the EU team as much as possible:
1) Check the player distribution before joining a server!
2) Refresh!
3) Join only if the EU side has less or equal players.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6147|San Antonio, Texas
Oh, I heard it was a bug on the =SF= EF server.

Interesting to know. Explains the people always on SAS at Ghost Town. o.o
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Oh, I heard it was a bug on the =SF= EF server.
Hmm.
That's something different then.
Are there any 3rd party server admin tools that do the auto-balancing?
Because I have been playing on servers that had the in-game auto-balance disabled, yet the teams were always balanced perfectly.

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Interesting to know. Explains the people always on SAS at Ghost Town. o.o
Hmm.
Those people must be eagerly trying to get the SAS medal then, because all the SF ribbons require theater time only, which means you can play on either side on the maps with SAS.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6697

...Because EF sucks, imo.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
I tried playing EF the other day. At the end of the round, the teams were roughly balanced. At the start of the new round (when i was MEC), the MEC team had about half the number of players. I then quit straight away.

It's ridiculous.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I tried playing EF the other day. At the end of the round, the teams were roughly balanced. At the start of the new round (when i was MEC), the MEC team had about half the number of players. I then quit straight away.

It's ridiculous.
Perfect example of teamswitching.

I really don't get it.
Do people believe that they have to decide every round on which team the want to go?
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6380|Oslo, Norway
I like to play Great Wall. Then it don't mean shit which team I'm on 'cause I'm 70 hours short on the peoples medallion.
Cyrax-Sektor
Great Wall's great, if you have a computer that won't lag the whole way.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
Af > Ef
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

Stingray24 wrote:

Af > Ef
Unfortunatly, that is now the case due to all of the teamswitching fucktards. When I first started on EF, it was legendary IMO.
EF is better than AF IMO, but AF is now more fun due to the teams not being stacked at the start of every round.

Which is a right shitter, as Great Wall is the best map in the game.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6411|Belgium

Snake wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Af > Ef
EF is better than AF
Yeah but EF doesn't have little birds
That Lynx they left out, was that going to be a little bird or just a transport heli?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Snake wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Af > Ef
EF is better than AF
Yeah but EF doesn't have little birds
That Lynx they left out, was that going to be a little bird or just a transport heli?
Transport Heli.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
Oh my! Don't talk about the Lynx.
It annoys me to no end that they removed the 64 player versions of the EF maps, thus cutting the transport heli.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6785|Bulgaria

Stingray24 wrote:

Af > Ef
No, Actually EF is better than AF!!

I have more than 100 hours on EF. Probably we've met on the =SF= server, I like it a lot
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

Nikola Bathory wrote:

I have more than 100 hours on EF.
Yeah, 100 hours full of team-stacking.
Shame on you!
mnishimura00
I ruin Wake Island for everybody.
+15|6182
good lord.  i just bought EF and AF yesterday.  still tryin to learn to fly the new damn jets and choppers.  im used to the F35 and J10, man these are waaaaay different.  i can barely hold a 1:1 kdr in an A10...  it seems i cant hold my own ground when im stacked up against 10 other generals.  teamstacking ftl.  even when stacked, i dont see any outrageous KDRs, nothing above 5 or 6.  looks like EA dice did a good job of "balancing" the boosters.

I no longer wonder why nobody plays EF or AF.
enzzenmachine_2
See Enzzenmachine
+1|5966
that's a shame cause EF rules.
packetloss
+10|6232
welll, packet loss is running another euro server again

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6380|the land of bourbon

packetloss wrote:

i just played a few rounds there, and i'll tell you exactly why EF is hardly played.  everyone teamswitches to the euro team, and then the server empties because of the asskicking.  admins really need to set autobalance on, and make it so you can't switch.  i also make sure i let all the teamswitchers know what i think of them too.  and they always talk shit back like "i bet you did the same when you needed the medal."  wrong motherfuckers, look at my euro time versus my total EF time.  so if i call you a loser for teamswithcing, stfu and take it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
spuddy1981
+10|6361|england
Iv managed to play a bit now.  2 maps rule but I just dont get great wall.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
because you touch yourself at night
Longbow
+163|6645|Odessa, Ukraine

steelie34 wrote:

packetloss wrote:

i just played a few rounds there, and i'll tell you exactly why EF is hardly played.  everyone teamswitches to the euro team, and then the server empties because of the asskicking.  admins really need to set autobalance on, and make it so you can't switch.  i also make sure i let all the teamswitchers know what i think of them too.  and they always talk shit back like "i bet you did the same when you needed the medal."  wrong motherfuckers, look at my euro time versus my total EF time.  so if i call you a loser for teamswithcing, stfu and take it.
I still can't understand the reason to teamswitch for a bunch of pixels in your stats...anyways, who gives a fuck if you have EF medal or no? +Mi-28 absolutely rape EU on Op. Smoke Screen and PLA have absolutely awesome infantry weapons (that are barely used as all vanilla PLA maps are vehicle maps) on Great Wall
Cyrax-Sektor
AK-47s FTW, very wise choice, grasshopper!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

FAMAS > AK-47. I love the ROF, damage and just the sound of it. Once you get used to the sights (its not central) it rocks at everything but extreme range.... and makes it by far my most favourite weapon in the game
packetloss
+10|6232

steelie34 wrote:

packetloss wrote:

well let me tell you, i never team swithced to get my medal, and i got my medal many moons ago. and i still play euro.
yea there is a problem with the team switching with i am going to start banning for. auot balance is on, most of the time people squads and they will not be switched, thats why the teams stack. if there was a way to config the server so people could not switch teams that would already be done. i am adding server admins to the server to start enforcing the rules.

packet

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard