Raphi
Banned
+354|6264|Basel, Switzerland
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7112929.stm

A British school teacher has been arrested in Sudan accused of insulting Islam's Prophet, after she allowed her pupils to name a teddy bear Muhammad.

Colleagues of Gillian Gibbons, 54, from Liverpool, said she made an "innocent mistake" by letting the six and seven-year-olds choose the name.

Ms Gibbons was arrested after several parents made complaints.

A spokesman from the British Embassy in Sudan's capital, Khartoum, said it was unclear whether she had been charged.

Embassy officials are expected to visit Mrs Gibbons in custody on Monday.

The BBC's correspondent Amber Henshaw said Ms Gibbons' punishment could be up to six months in jail, 40 lashes or a fine.

The school has been closed until January for fear of reprisals.

'Very sensitive
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6159|what

Wow. I think though as it was the children who named the bear, they should cop the punishment.

I'm sure the parents wouldn't have made many complaints if they were to be given 40 lashes.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6627|London, England
But like, Muhammad is like the most common Muslim name ever, it's spelt in loads of ways, who's to know it was Muhammad and not the more common Mohammed?. These guys are idiots, all of them including the teacher. The Muslims are idiots cos they don't know shit about their own religion, and the Teacher for actually deciding to teach in such a fucked up shithole.
Raphi
Banned

Mekstizzle wrote:

But like, Muhammad is like the most common Muslim name ever, it's spelt in loads of ways, who's to know it was Muhammad and not the more common Mohammed?. These guys are idiots, all of them including the teacher. The Muslims are idiots cos they don't know shit about their own religion, and the Teacher for actually deciding to teach in such a fucked up shithole.
As I said, lol
jsnipy
+3,276|6528|...

I wonder how much the fine is.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6571|Area 51
There arent enough words in the English language to describe my hatred to this sort of screw overs..fuckin muslims
Raphi
Banned

RDMC wrote:

There arent enough words in the English language to describe my hatred to this sort of screw overs..fuckin muslims
lolbanned again
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6571|Area 51

Ersguterjunge wrote:

RDMC wrote:

lolbanned again
Because? I am not describing my hatred, just saying that I have it against this sort of screw overs, would have the same feeling if it were the other way around.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6138|Carnoustie, Scotland
You have got to be fucking kidding me.
Raphi
Banned

Funky_Finny wrote:

You have got to be fucking kidding me.
No, I don't.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6691|Espoo, Finland
Only in America...
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6737|Uhh... erm...
It's in Sudan, smartass. And I can't believe these idiots are worrying about teddy bears named Mohammed when Osama's busy planning the next 9/11. Talk about getting your priorities in order.
DrunkenPirate
Rum Baron
+44|6699|Norfolk, England

This is unfuckingbelievable!!
ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU SICK.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6691|Espoo, Finland

Tetrino wrote:

It's in Sudan, smartass. And I can't believe these idiots are worrying about teddy bears named Mohammed when Osama's busy planning the next 9/11. Talk about getting your priorities in order.
I know
It's just fucking unbeliveable...
Well not unbeliveable but stupid.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6762|Scotland

It is truly pathetic. Britain has gone mad with trying to integrate different religions into one country. Why should they hinder one religion and make another one more appropriate ( I am talking over trhe Xmas scandal ) - Why the hell should they give one religion right over another one because they are the minors in one country? I tell them to go screw themselves. If I were the headmaster of a Cathlic School I would, by all means, let them sing cathlic songs in the Xmas play. Why the fuck shouldn't I? Because there may be a muslim in the school? So? What right does it give them to say any fucking word. I just want to punch the stupid fuckers who complained in the first place, no matter what religion they came from. They are just the pits of all humanity.

As for this bollocks, I would just tell the Muslims to shut the fuck up and walk on. A damn whipping? Where are they? In the 10th century? They should be told where they stand with this bullcrap. I am not a Muslim hater, but this is just too far. They are just pathetic now.
mikkel
+383|6607
It's just a different culture.

In Germany a guy is facing jailtime over shaving a swastika on his dog because he might have taken it for a walk and shown it in public. That's pretty messed up, too.

Of course, this is likely unintentional, but hey, the law is the law.

Last edited by mikkel (2007-11-26 11:20:59)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6229|Escea

Is it me or do this whole offending thing seem to be getting screwier (<--- New word, tis mine) by the minute?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6762|Scotland

mikkel wrote:

In Germany a guy is facing jailtime over shaving a swastika on his dog because he might have taken it for a walk and shown it in public. That's pretty messed up, too.

No, wrong. The muslims are trying to get US to abide by their culture. The Germans culture has nothing to do with religion, they have a reason to be that angry at Swastikas. The Muslims don't. They want everyone to abide by their laws and religion and they want us to feel offended as they do when we sing some Catholic hymns or whatever. They have made this whole spewl of crap. It is not culture. You cannot call whipping somone 40 times for naming a Teddybear "Muhammad", culture. That is just fucked up beyond reason.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6677|UK
hang the bitch.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6113|Birmingham, UK

Ersguterjunge wrote:

RDMC wrote:

lolbanned again
I believe the English language is the largest and most complex language in all of Earth, over 7 workds are spoken every day in Britain.

Anyways, i saw this on the news, and like that guy before said Muhammed (is that spelt right) is the most common name, but i suppose its got something to do with the fact it was a teddy bear and not a human...
mikkel
+383|6607

Zimmer wrote:

mikkel wrote:

No, wrong. The muslims are trying to get US to abide by their culture. The Germans culture has nothing to do with religion, they have a reason to be that angry at Swastikas. The Muslims don't. They want everyone to abide by their laws and religion and they want us to feel offended as they do when we sing some Catholic hymns or whatever. They have made this whole spewl of crap. It is not culture. You cannot call whipping somone 40 times for naming a Teddybear "Muhammad", culture. That is just fucked up beyond reason.
If you fail to see why Muslims have a reason to be upset about that, you fail to understand their culture and religion. The Muslims have a reason to be angry about this case. It's their religion. I don't really approve of it, and it would never happen in a Western democracy, but when you're a guest in a country, you really do have to conform to their standards and respect their laws, no matter how messed up they are.

Last edited by mikkel (2007-11-26 12:22:56)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6691|Espoo, Finland

mikkel wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

mikkel wrote:

If you fail to see why Muslims have a reason to be upset about that, you fail to understand their culture and religion. The Muslims have a reason to be angry about this case. It's their religion. I don't really approve of it, and it would never happen in a Western democracy, but when you're a guest in a country, you really do have to conform to their standards and respect their laws, no matter how messed up they are.
She let the kids name a teddybear Muhammed for fucks sake.
mikkel
+383|6607

Gawwad wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Like I said, it's fucked up, but there's not really anything you can do about it. Best bet is to just not visit countries with laws like those.

Last edited by mikkel (2007-11-26 12:27:50)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6691|Espoo, Finland

mikkel wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Like I said, it's fucked up, but there's not really anything you can do about it. Best bet is to just not visit countries with laws like those.
I refuse to accept utter bullshit. Infact, I won't even try to understand.
mikkel
+383|6607

Gawwad wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

I refuse to accept utter bullshit. Infact, I won't even try to understand.
Well, then you're no better than any of the Muslims who refuse to accept Western values. You just don't happen to have an AK in your hand, and the people you despise aren't driving APCs through your backyard.

Last edited by mikkel (2007-11-26 12:33:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard