Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

Nade spamming really killed this game for me.  Even Karkand nade spamming was avoidable.  I'm back to BF2.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6686|Some where huntin in Wisconsin

Ryan wrote:

The multiplayer is way different than BF2. No one bunny hops or goes prone to shoot their targets anymore.
i do it helps i jump n prone and pwn and then get knifed
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Worst thing about the game is unlocking useless items. Eg. the acog scope for the sniper rifles.

If the crosshairs had changed then it would be worth it. But it shortens your range and it no use whatsoever.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
TFSlott
+2|6160
I started playing yesterday. 5 hours in total - I think it's a great game! But where are the map in the upper left corner? I have it when playing domination maps, but not when playing the other game types. Why not? That really bothered me because as a new player u really need to learn those maps - but without any it's very hard.

The airstrike chopper discussion: I think they seem balanced. It's not like arty in BF2 that kills everyone nearby. Just duck and cover and you're safe.

The maps seem a little small - at least some of them. I tried a few rounds as sniper, but were assaulted over and over. Not enough space to hide in. Another thing I miss are the medals and the statistics. Only stat to look at is your KD ratio. But what about statistics like in BF2 - it's great.
The challenges should be substituted by medals so that everyone can see how good u are - not just yourself. Or did I miss something?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

Starting off is by far the worst part.  The guns are weak and trying to kill a p90'er with the assault rifle is near impossible.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
The M4 and P90. Nothing else annoys me except those two guns. And the ACOG is crap, as is the grip for the LMG's (waste of time getting kills to unlock those)

And big servers (more than 24 people = rubbish)
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Shipment. It is supposed to be a map for 1v1 yet servers with 16 people have it in their rotation. Needs to be patched out IMO.
Brasso
+1,549|6631

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Shipment. It is supposed to be a map for 1v1 yet servers with 16 people have it in their rotation. Needs to be patched out IMO.
16?  You're bitching about 16?  Obviously you've never played 54 player FFA Shipment!    What a campfest, lol.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

TFSlott wrote:

I started playing yesterday. 5 hours in total - I think it's a great game! But where are the map in the upper left corner? I have it when playing domination maps, but not when playing the other game types. Why not? That really bothered me because as a new player u really need to learn those maps - but without any it's very ?
Hardcore mode doesn't have a map / radar unless someone initiates a UAV scan (earned by getting 3 consecutive kills).

If you want to learn the maps, avoid the Hardcore servers .
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

I think this game is pretty sweet.

It doesnt take long to unlock the useful unlocks, so award whoring doesnt last long, starting out does suck, but once the AK is unlocked things are alot better.

The one thing i do have to say is that this game doesn't have much strategy to it, its more spray and pray.  I'll play BF2 for strategic play, and for crazy, fast firefights CoD4.

Airstrikes are a bit much, but not too terrible, depends on the level.  Shipment, IMO, isnt even really a level, it's just a cube of mayhem, which is fun if it's once in a while in a rotation, kinda a way to unwind and unleash after getting a massive death streak a round prior.

Martyrdom is a pain in the ass, but fun to use,  not entirely unrealistic.  Choppers are useless i think.  I have never had one last more than a few kills.  Which isn't bad, I guess.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6195|Schofield Barracks
i dont really hate anything about the game
CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA
I hate the fucking dogs.  Honestly.. Dogs? Who's dumb ass thought that one up?
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6730|Louisiana
The grenade spamming. Especially with the unlock that gives you three frags. Who thought that would actually be a good idea?
basetballjones
+30|6750

CommieChipmunk wrote:

HAHAHA!!  I hate those mongrel fuckers.  When that stray started growling at me, I reflex shot his ass...

By far the dumbest thing I did in this game, there's like 20 mutts that come to get revenge..  If it's possible to kill all of them, I don't see how.

As far as what I hate about this game?

One single thing-  I go to a server marked as playing HQ, there's 32 players on a large map, then the next round is free for all on shipment or that other tiny little fenced in yard- arrrrghhh!
Defiance
+438|6672

basetballjones wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

HAHAHA!!  I hate those mongrel fuckers.  When that stray started growling at me, I reflex shot his ass...

By far the dumbest thing I did in this game, there's like 20 mutts that come to get revenge..  If it's possible to kill all of them, I don't see how.
It's not difficult. Especially on the inside of the building you heading to through the courtyard there's a nice bottleneck spot to mow them all down from. The key is have a P90 or any LMG found earlier in the map.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland

TFSlott wrote:

I started playing yesterday. 5 hours in total - I think it's a great game! But where are the map in the upper left corner?
That's your Heads-Up Display (HUD) - it basically shows where the friendlies (and sometimes enemies!) are in correlation to you, and also it shows where you are going. The likes of Hardcore mode doesn't have this, making it harder! (hence the name..)
basetballjones
+30|6750
After last night, I discovered what I hate about COD4 multiplayer-  I sneak up on someone and open fire, they spin around an P90 me to death- it happens every single time- no deviation from this whatsoever.

That's not what annoys me; what makes me not want to play this as much anymore is the fact that when the killcam shows my death, it shows me shooting off in some random direction while the other guy is dead on.

Sorry, but when I am lying in ambush and scoped in with a red dot on someone's back, I am most certainly not firing wildly into the sky as shown in the killcam.

Am I missing something here?  DO I need to rub my tummy and stomp my foot to get a kill on someone who doesn't even know I'm there?
I have been very vigilant and aware of the enemy UAV status as well as not popping off rounds to give away my position...

Meh, long story short, the only thing I can seem to kill is time.

(it wasn't like this the first couple days I was playing- IDK what happened)
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6652|United States
Things that I hate about cod 4.

- Nade spamming, there is always a group of people that will trow grenades in the same spot.
- Single player is too short, it could be longer.
- After spawning, sometimes I will just get killed after a second I spawn.
- Helicopter and air strike support, it just ruins the fun.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

Nade spamming REALLY fucks me off, I don't even bother moving for the first 20 seconds of a round because I just know someones launching nades straight at the first choke points.

Air strikes don't get me very often, I tend to loner it most of the time so it's that group of 5 who stick to each other like glue that get toasted, chopper's don't kill me any more, can't remember the last time I died by one, I just fuck off inside a building and lay low picking off passers by while it's doing it's rounds, if I've got a decent powered gun on me I'll shoot at it, otherwise I'll leave it to people better equipped for the situation.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea
P90+Double Tap = Rage
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6786|Perth, Western Australia

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

P90+Double Tap = Rage
Hey look you just guessed my primary kit!
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6332|teh alien spaceshit
No vehicles.
What's up with that?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT

basetballjones wrote:

After last night, I discovered what I hate about COD4 multiplayer-  I sneak up on someone and open fire, they spin around an P90 me to death- it happens every single time- no deviation from this whatsoever.

That's not what annoys me; what makes me not want to play this as much anymore is the fact that when the killcam shows my death, it shows me shooting off in some random direction while the other guy is dead on.

Sorry, but when I am lying in ambush and scoped in with a red dot on someone's back, I am most certainly not firing wildly into the sky as shown in the killcam.

Am I missing something here?  DO I need to rub my tummy and stomp my foot to get a kill on someone who doesn't even know I'm there?
I have been very vigilant and aware of the enemy UAV status as well as not popping off rounds to give away my position...

Meh, long story short, the only thing I can seem to kill is time.

(it wasn't like this the first couple days I was playing- IDK what happened)
I would guess lag is the culprit.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

thtthht wrote:

No vehicles.
What's up with that?
A better COD experience?

Play BF if you want to focus on vehicles... COD is for INF. play
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
*FW*GenNuisance
+2|6698
Honestly, the worst thing about the game is that it is ridden with hackers. The last game I played in, I picked up a full/auto silenced 9mm pistol....lol.The majority of hacks seem to be wall hacks and aimbots. It is now to the point that I will put this game on the shelf because it is quickly becoming unplayable on the multilayer end. If you thought PB was bad in BF2, just check out CoD4. It's  "HACKMANIA"!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard