{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6677|In You Endo- Stoke
So the avatars are the same size 60x60, unable to use the todd can't even see his banana hamock
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6399|Leuven, Belgium
Yes, 40px is more than enough.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6195|Winland

40px would be doable if:

A: Your sig only consists of text
B: This forum was 300px wide. Wich it isn't.

I can't compress any of my drawings to that size. It'd become a mini-avatar. We now have less sig space than the temp forums ffs!

Oh, and what's the idea of limiting sigs to 40px, when the sig space is over 150px anyhow?

EDIT:
And it won't let me put any sig at all. This is so great.

Now it did, after I deleted the sig. -.- (Removed and pressed Submit)

EDIT again:

I think the majority would prefer higher avatars, not just wider. 100x100/100x120.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2007-11-24 04:52:32)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Give it a fucking rest. It's not the end of the world. "Express ourselves" What is this shit man...
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland
I miss bigger sigs

The good ones were pretty small, but this is a bit silly
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6559|Southampton, UK

Mine is small and good. I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.
Not doing anything wrong.
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6670|The Real World

Mines is small but bigger than the rules
psH
Banned
+217|6382|Sydney
please make the file size of our avatars larger!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

Ashlite wrote:

Example?
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6195|Winland

chuyskywalker wrote:

Ashlite wrote:

Example?
50-60kB, so you at least can fit a decent animation in there.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6619|Gold coast, Aus.
I am in favour of smaller sigs.

I've had sigs off for quite some time now because they took away my precious australian bandwidthz, and more then half the page would be full of shitty "LOL I'M A COLONEL WITH 409328 POINTS" sigs that no one cares about.

/turns sigs back on.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6195|Winland

gene_pool wrote:

I am in favour of smaller sigs.

I've had sigs off for quite some time now because they took away my precious australian bandwidthz, and more then half the page would be full of shitty "LOL I'M A COLONEL WITH 409328 POINTS" sigs that no one cares about.

/turns sigs back on.
It could be acceptable with only text sigs, but then, THREE LINES isn't enough, and 800 charachers isn't good for fun color combinations.
Master*
Banned
+416|6493|United States
I dont like this at all I liked the old sig thing, but guess I cant fight it since the admin said so. Damn

Last edited by Masterstyle (2007-11-24 09:47:36)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6749|the middle of nowhere
Personally, I like the avatars now better because you can actually read what someone has posted without a giant sig getting in the way. Just make your sig your avatar and it has a nice little place under your name.
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

Complaint #1:

We can't make normal sized, 120x380, sigs anymore I really hate that idea.

Complaint #2: The avatars make the site look immature and unsophisticated. We need to go back to the original BF2s.
Master*
Banned
+416|6493|United States

KtotheIMMY wrote:

I believe the decision to use avatars and user bars has already been made.

You can accept this, or you can have your over-sized sig deleted on a daily basis.

The pleasure is all mine.
She makes me cry too.
Airburner_01
Da Funky Munky
+6|6778
Test
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6195|Winland

Ryan wrote:

Complaint #2: The avatars make the site look immature and unsophisticated. We need to go back to the original BF2s.
Yes. That combined with userbars...
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6650|Spokane, Washington

My sig....feels....so....small.......
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Unclean009 wrote:

My sig....feels....so....small.......
as does mine...
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

FFLink13 wrote:

What? What the hell is with the sig rules? So my sig is now not allowed?
ohnoes!  My "look at me" banner is not allowed.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England

usmarine2005 wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

What? What the hell is with the sig rules? So my sig is now not allowed?
ohnoes!  My "look at me" banner is not allowed.
Exactly!
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6411|Michigan, USA

Yeah, I'm not liking these new rules, but oh well.  Read my sig for more info.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Did something happen to karma, too? I swear I had at least 200, but I may be crazy.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85

DesertFox- wrote:

Did something happen to karma, too? I swear I had at least 200, but I may be crazy.
Apparently people lost karma. I would imagine any karma given in the time period that we lost posts and such was also lost.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard