Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6385|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I like to set a specific KDR and try to get higher than that in most games I play.
10/1 KDR FTW.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6696

keyoshi wrote:

I keep atleast a 3:1 constant. When I 'keep' a 3:1 constant, I'm usually doing pretty freakin bad. It's usually 5 / 6 : 1
So doing pretty freakin bad means you cant get in a vehicle haha.
BF-SLBenfica
+1|6013

nighthawk843 wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I like to set a specific KDR and try to get higher than that in most games I play.
10/1 KDR FTW.
Good K/D at all but.... dubious

Can i make a quastion?

How can i kill one guy 59 times in a round? Can you explain how you killed your favorite vitims? By baseparing the carier, knife and pistol server or....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Much knife and pistols kills at karkland, you are a knife and pistol whore!
BF-SLBenfica
+1|6013

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Kill someone in a plane lol
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6478|A W S M F O X
I like to keep at least a 5:1 ratio, except in vehicles, massive KDRs must be gotten in those.
XeromeXWarrior
XeromeX = Zero-Sex?
+8|6153
welll i leave servers when i got like the same deaths as kills (almost never happen except on 100+ ping servers)

mostly getting 2.5/1 k/d  depends on what ofc

with vehicles like 10/1 atleast
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6599|Hamburg / Germany
Stats may vary On this account I have something like a 2,1x K/D, but there are no problems to create a new acc. and play io maps and get a 5,00 K/D. IMO a teamplayer (capping flags, healing etc... some might not know the word teamplayer ;-) ) with a 3,00 K/D is really good.

Last edited by GermanLegionaire (2007-11-27 05:03:04)

EvilHomer15
+4|6012|Taastrup, Danmark
I can do really bad, having KDR at 2.5, and other times do really good having 7.0. All in arvage it becomes 4.0 KDR.
Collateralis
Beep bep.

BF-SLBenfica wrote:

Can i make a quastion?

How can i kill one guy 59 times in a round? Can you explain how you killed your favorite vitims? By baseparing the carier, knife and pistol server or....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

59 times in a round. 5v5 medic whoring late at night on 64 man server + AFK respawn. Thats how.

Pistol kills come from sniping. I've hardly got any knife kills for my rank so I dunno what your going on about. If you think 10/1 is dubious then you obviously have never played with good people on BF2.

I'm sure your one of the people who whines about bunnyhoppers and people who have good K/D's. Go play COD4 you moron.
BF-SLBenfica
+1|6013

nighthawk843 wrote:

BF-SLBenfica wrote:

Can i make a quastion?

59 times in a round. 5v5 medic whoring late at night on 64 man server + AFK respawn. Thats how.

Pistol kills come from sniping. I've hardly got any knife kills for my rank so I dunno what your going on about. If you think 10/1 is dubious then you obviously have never played with good people on BF2.

I'm sure your one of the people who whines about bunnyhoppers and people who have good K/D's. Go play COD4 you moron.
I play mostly heli and im sure i shot you down.
What is moron? Marrao é o teu pai!
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6709|Ireland
I are serisous player.
Collateralis
Beep bep.

BF-SLBenfica wrote:

Write in english you idiot. Heli whore who clearly, looking at your stats, cant do anything else. Your K/D on Heli sucks tbh.
Well done.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6605|Reisterstown, MD

De_Jappe wrote:

KDR is waay overrated since IO mode.
You still have to aim even if you play IO a lot.  Simply planning in IO doesn't necessarily mean you will be good and achieve a high k/d.  Biggest misconception about Infantry Only.
BF-SLBenfica
+1|6013

nighthawk843 wrote:

BF-SLBenfica wrote:

Write in english you idiot. Heli whore who clearly, looking at your stats, cant do anything else. Your K/D on Heli sucks tbh.
Well done.
Im a idiot like your parents and stop calling pll bad names. Bevor you say im a idiot lock at the mirrow "maroon"
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6364|Iowa...
stats.serious biz.
Djbrown
+129|6511|Adelaide, Aussieland

killer21 wrote:

De_Jappe wrote:

You still have to aim even if you play IO a lot.  Simply planning in IO doesn't necessarily mean you will be good and achieve a high k/d.  Biggest misconception about Infantry Only.
lol...

IO increases your kd drastically coz you can play the exact same you do on a vehicle server, only difference is you die maybe 20 times less every round since 3/4 of your team are medic noobs. IO is pure stat-padding. can you think of a single stat that isnt inflated from playing IO?
BF-SLBenfica
+1|6013

Djbrown wrote:

killer21 wrote:

De_Jappe wrote:

lol...

IO increases your kd drastically coz you can play the exact same you do on a vehicle server, only difference is you die maybe 20 times less every round since 3/4 of your team are medic noobs. IO is pure stat-padding. can you think of a single stat that isnt inflated from playing IO?
In a IO karkland server are 80 % Medics, so automatcly your K/D go up. Only idiots say thats wrong.
officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6243|Switzerland
Whenever I play, I try to keep my K/D higher than 2/1. On my second account it is around 5/1.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6376|Vancouver
I could hardly care about my KDR; winning the game while amassing points is everything. But, looking at my KDR, you can clearly tell I don't play IO.
XeromeXWarrior
XeromeX = Zero-Sex?
+8|6153

BF-SLBenfica wrote:

Djbrown wrote:

killer21 wrote:

lol...

In a IO karkland server are 80 % Medics, so automatcly your K/D go up. Only idiots say thats wrong.
True ....somehow when i play warlord/sf servers.... NOBODY EVER REVIVES lol
gets so annoying...
sometimes because... everyone is a sniper....or sometimes it looks like they dont know how they work...like 3 failed attempts ;X
and Im not playing medic for a long time till i got all those kits till expert (got the most hours on the less used kits as commandor ofc xD)
General Breetai
+23|6570
Taken out of context K/D says exactly nothing. It doesn't tell anything about the servers they were achieved on (IO ?), they don't tell how often someone was revived (since he is always in a squad with his clan mates), they don't tell if they were achieved sitting in a tank in karkand or through shooting down helis with AT.
Most wannabe snipers usually have a KDR of >1.5. And are damn proud of it. So how can someone be proud on cherry picking shots and doing virtually nothing for the rest of a round. Or claywhoring in karkand, hiding and waiting for the explosion for 5 minutes. They don't contribute to the team, they don't really take tickets, they are a simple waste of a slot.

I consider decent AT-Groundpounder who hunts tanks and gets a K/D of 1 or 1.5 a far better player than a J10-whore with a K/D of 5 or 10, who considers himself an ubersoldier but is unable to get a K/D of more than 0.7 with an infantry weapon. Therefore comparing K/D simply sucks.

Last edited by General Breetai (2007-11-29 09:49:20)

daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6268|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

-=raska=- wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

-=raska=- wrote:

I agree. My goal is to have the highest kdr as possible and play in every maps in every situation. So basically I've to be good in every vehicles and on every map.

I'm not the best player but I achieve to maintain a ~2.2, which I find not bad at all considering I try to play on every maps.

Secondly, as I like ranking up within the shortest time possible, Ive given myself the goal to get a medal at each round, which would mean I've a good spm. That's why I've something like 0.4 medal/round.

So these are my 2 main goals at bf2.
not that it really matters, but how have you not gotten 10 Heals in a Round at 250 Medic hrs?
lol good question.. bad circumstances I guess. I've to say that playing on big maps doesnt help. Secondly, I always join a squad but I've to admit that I won't spawm on the squad leader unless the spawm point advantages me. Most of the time the leader is a tard and will be in some useless place so I'll spawm on a CP and go on my own.
Spawm? Whats this spawm business?!
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6761|Mexico City

phil-12-12 wrote:

For starters, when i started playing BF2 all i cared about is getting the lowest deaths, and the highest kills.. I have still achieved since the beginning.. i am 10,000 kills away from my deaths and consider myself a REAL BF2 player, i dont think that the badges really mean anything thought.. cause if your in a really high rank and have almost all the badges/ribbons, but have a shitty K/D score then your basically still a freshmen (noob) at the game..

what do you think?
your kdr is WORST that mine.
kdr can be padded playing only IO besides squads of wussy medics, or, old school, leaving server after getting killed more than 5 times..

i think you should stfu.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6761|Mexico City

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

I think their are lots more variables involved in determining a 'good' player. I have said it before and I'll have to say it again, no 1 stat can give you an indication of how good a player is and either can stats in general. All stats can be misleading and warped, depending on many many factors. I have got purple hearts, yet won gold medals and been the main reason our team won in that round and have gone 50-0 in a jet or tank and still lost the match.

Depending on the map, the number of people in that game and how things are getting played out determines how a good player will react (play). The great players are the ones who can turn a match and do what is required to win, not the ones who can kill the most.

KD ratio mean very little, and with the introduction of IO they mean even less. There are and were always stat padders who can have great looking stats, but this hardly makes them a good player. You can have people who prefer to stay safe and rack up a good KD ratio but wont do the hard work required to capture an important flag.

Stats can be used as a very simple guide, but don't be fooled into comparing people, it just can't be done.
AMEN!

At least, it is the question, which personal goals you have in game. Do you prefer to watch your stats, so you camp on spawns and use cheap tactics to get the easiest kills, or do you enjoy to fight alongside your team and try to win the match at all costs, even when this means, that you have to die more, just to get an important flag?
i know "good" players of stats, who would only fly the j10 or switch to the winning team, or would leave the server, if the opponent is too strong. those guys have nice stats - cause they keep them out of very challenging situations - so are they good players, only because they try to fight more noobs, than experienced players and leave the server if their k/d is in danger?
or is the good player some guy, who tries to work with and for his team? and what about the medals and badges and stuff? is someone a good player, who tries to get experience in all kits and vehicles and maps, or is it the infantry only karkand medic whore with the 1337 k/d ratio?

the k/d of my main account isn´t very well with 1,69, but i have nearly all badges and had a lot of fun in earning them. it gives you many more perspectives on gameplay, then just throwing nades and medpacks onto the dusty streets of karkand...
Finally some guys with some brain on them..........
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6380|California
only good thing KDR is good for is when your being shoutcasted so you can be called a stud or epic or MVP on the match

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard