Jackabo
+127|6565|Dublin, Ireland
I see people like ATG who has like 2000+ karma but (no offense) not great bf2 stats. I mean some people spend all their time on this forum and forget what brought it together... BF2. What are your guys opinion on this!
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6486|Trondheim, Norway
People start play bf2 --> people join forums to chat with fellow players --> people get tired of bf2 --> people stay on the forum and haves fun (and I don't think they have forgot bf2 )
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6563|Kent, UK
The forum has grown beyond BF2.
And maybe ATG plays mods or unranked?

I'd say this forum isn't a BF2 forum, per se, more a forum of BF2 fans...
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6470|Tyne & Wear, England
Not anymore for me.  Although it was BF2 which led me to this forum, I use it for other reasons now.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6459|Cambridge, UK

Many people can read/post on the forums all day at work but only play BF2 for a few hours.

Plus if it was only about BF2 it would be boring - how much can you say about 1 game.

and as for so called "not great stats" so what? many play for fun, or play drunk, or while often distracted by life, wives, kids etc
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6777|Rotherham, England
BF2 is a dying game, this forum is not (as yet anyway). People change games, move on to other things but somehow the community still remains intact. Yep it definitely does not have as much to do with BF2 now as it used too but the essence is still there and ask any question you want about the game and hundreds of people will know the answer. It's just that BF2 itself has been covered over and over again so the topics of conversation have changed
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6470|cuntshitlake

I played bf2 --- I found a nice site for stats --- I found out they had a forum --- I decided to register --- I fell in love with the community --- I found IRC --- ETC.

I rarely play anymore, this is more satisfying and fun. It's not the furum, it's the people, the community.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6656
For me it's no longer a "bf2" website, hell I don't even play games anymore..I've grown accustomed to this website just like facebook and msn..It's a place I visit when I have nothing to do and, believe it or not this, place still provides a great deal of entertainment whether it be through the debate and serious talk or junk drawer. Plus, there are some pretty cool people and I can tell you the intelligence level amongst some members here is pretty damn high. I prefer debating here then on any other website because some of these members know their shit.

Yes, bf2 brought everyone together on this website but there is only so much you can talk about referring to the game.

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2007-08-10 05:28:19)

Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6486|Trondheim, Norway

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I played bf2 --- I found a nice site for stats --- I found out they had a forum --- I decided to register --- I fell in love with the community --- I found IRC --- ETC.

I rarely play anymore, this is more satisfying and fun. It's not the furum, it's the people, the community.
That was pretty much what I said You just made it more detailed

KylieTastic wrote:

Plus if it was only about BF2 it would be boring - how much can you say about 1 game.
With BF2 you can say quite a lot like; bug, bug, bug, bug, random deviation, bug, bug, bug, noobs, bug, bug, bug
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6470|Tyne & Wear, England

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6739|St. Andrews / Oslo

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

For me it's no longer a "bf2" website, hell I don't even play games anymore..I've grown accustomed to this website just like facebook and msn..It's a place I visit when I have nothing to do and, believe it or not this, place still provides a great deal of entertainment whether it be through the debate and serious talk or junk drawer. Plus, there are some pretty cool people and I can tell you the intelligence level amongst some members here is pretty damn high. I prefer debating here then on any other website because some of these members know their shit.

Yes, bf2 brought everyone together on this website but there is only so much you can talk about referring to the game.
Yupp, the overall member quality on this forum is very good

Wilhelm and I both came here very early, when the site was... Different.

We read the forums and registered a little later
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6401|Evilsville
I also registered here because of BF2, but I can honoustly say that the time I spent here is like 10 times more then I play BF2..
It's just good fun.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6656
One thing I think you'll also find to be an excellent trait of our members is their ability to speak almost flawless English despite it not being their mother tounge.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6536|Global Command

Buckles wrote:

The forum has grown beyond BF2.
And maybe ATG plays mods or unranked?

I'd say this forum isn't a BF2 forum, per se, more a forum of BF2 fans...
I played PR for a long time.
Bottom line is that I am too busy to spend hours per week playing a video game.
And the fun was ruined by wall glitchers, jihad jeepist and nazi admins not letting you say " damn " without a ban.

It used to be that I stayed up late everynight playing the game; I moved to where I must get up at 5:30 to drive to work. Work is overwhelming as my business partner is dying of cancer.

I asked the forum if not players should bail and the overwhelming response was no.

So, until you see me posting in the 2142 section or something, piss off.

This forum stopped being about the game and became about the people I meant here with two months of me joining.

I mean, it's a fucking video game; what the hell is there to discuss?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6757

Emil wrote:

People start play bf2 --> people join forums to chat with fellow players --> people get tired of bf2 --> people stay on the forum and haves fun and to kill time when they are bored (and I don't think they have forgot bf2 )
didnt forget about bf2, but just dont play it anymore.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6395|New York
I play Bf games sparingly nowadays, but the forums here are fucking stellar. Not to mention #bf2s on IRC is fucking fun as hell. I think BF2 and 2142 are on the decline, but I know that this site will be around for quite awhile. You know why I know this? Good mods, great community, and nice setup.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6395|New York

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Yeah, I find there are quite a few professionals on this forum. (Not to brag, but me included)
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6537

meh, bf2 gets old very quickly, I know for a fact for myself i constantly switch games im playing. I'll play bf2 actively for like 4 months then go do something else actively.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6575|Mountains of NC

ATG game stats may not be greatest but his forum stats are unbelieveable

I've seen him be under fire from mulltiple angles and he was able to take them all out with a single bullet line without ever calling for a medic
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6455

Emil wrote:

People start play bf2 --> people join forums to chat with fellow players --> people get tired of bf2 --> people stay on the forum and haves fun (and I don't think they have forgot bf2 ) And I hate BF2
I had to edit that

Last edited by r'Eeee (2007-08-10 06:37:57)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland

Emil wrote:

People start play bf2 --> people join forums to chat with fellow players --> people get tired of bf2 --> people stay on the forum and haves fun (and I don't think they have forgot bf2 )
Exactly right, in my case. Although, I joined BF2s a day before I got Battlefield 2
jsnipy
+3,276|6529|...

"bf2s.com ... more than just games"
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6848|Cologne, Germany

what they said. ^^

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard