GR34
+215|6556|ALBERTA> CANADA
Ok I am going to go buy a 360 to morrow b.c they marked down the price 150 bucks from 499.99!

so I was wondering what accessories are essential to get with it??

The on Iam getting comes with a 20Gb HD one wireless controller fortza 2 and splinter and cell Double agent!

I was thinking about getting an other wireless controller, a black one but I noticed the black wire less one is 59.99 and the white one is 75.95 so whats up with that?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6504|N. Ireland
Project Gotham Racing looks cool..
aLeX
.?
+160|6342|:D

GR34 wrote:

Ok I am going to go buy a 360 to morrow b.c they marked down the price 150 bucks from 499.99!

The on Iam getting comes with a 20Gb HD one wireless controller fortza 2 and splinter and cell Double agent!

I was thinking about getting an other wireless controller, a black one but I noticed the black wire less one is 59.99 and the white one is 75.95 so whats up with that?
The black one is to match the Xbox 360 "Elite" It looks awful, I have two white wireless controllers.. you can't go wrong
Ryan
+1,230|6854|Alberta, Canada

I thought you had a 360 Josh, oh well.
I was thinking of buying one, but I'm saving up for an 8800GTS instead.
GR34

Ryan wrote:

I thought you had a 360 Josh, oh well.
I was thinking of buying one, but I'm saving up for an 8800GTS instead.
No my step brother had a PS3. but there is 8800GTS for $260 at future shop I saw them when I was putting in my application. I would buy one but Iam shure it would bottle neck my computer so...and I want Assassins Creed and GTA IV wicked bad(Crysis to but I can always steal it from u or off the internets!

l-aLeX-l wrote:

The black one is to match the Xbox 360 "Elite" It looks awful, I have two white wireless controllers.. you can't go wrong
But whats the price difference one is a little bit more expensive!

Last edited by GR34 (2007-08-09 15:42:59)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6459

Hey, make sure you get the new one with the HDMI port. Which has the 65nm CPU. Hopefully, this will improve the reliability.

And, I would get xbox live and GOW, if I were you.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2007-08-09 15:53:15)

majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6674|under there hayousaidunderwear
White
Black

Am I missing something?
GR34

r'Eeee wrote:

Hey, make sure you get the new one with the HDMI port. Which has the 65nm CPU. Hopefully, this will improve the reliability.

The Elite has the same stuff as the regular one just black and an HDMI port
r'Eeee
+311|6459

GR34 wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

No No, MS announced yesterday that the premium version(20GB) will have HDMI port from now on.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6176397.html
The#1Spot
+105|6550|byah

GR34 wrote:

Buy a Ps3 you will save money in the long run.
GR34

r'Eeee wrote:

GR34 wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

No No, MS announced yesterday that the premium version(20GB) will have HDMI port from now on.

So should I wait then to get one of the 65nm ones or just not bother since it has the 3 year warranty!

Last edited by GR34 (2007-08-09 16:10:15)

r'Eeee
+311|6459

GR34 wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

GR34 wrote:

So should I wait then to get on of just not bother since it has the 3 year warranty!
Well, if it has the 65nm CPU, then hell, I would wait and then get it. It also have a new heatsink for the GPU. I would wait until all the current 90nm sell out. But if it only about the HDMI, then it's not worth it.

I would wait, until MS say if they included the new CPU or not.
GR34

r'Eeee wrote:

GR34 wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

So should I wait then to get on of just not bother since it has the 3 year warranty!
Well, if it has the 65nm CPU, then hell, I would wait and then get it. It also have a new heatsink for the GPU. I would wait until all the current 90nm sell out. But if it only about the HDMI, then it's not worth it.

I would wait, until MS say if they included the new CPU or not.
So will the 65nm have more processing power!

I bet if I get one now that when the new one comes out I can go to the stor and exchange it if the is not to big of a price difference!
r'Eeee
+311|6459

The 65nm should reduce the overheating problem, that the 360's are currently having. i.e. the god damn, 3 red light problem. The new GPU heatsink will also help, hopefully.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2007-08-09 16:18:38)

Jbrar
rawr
+86|6552|Winterpeg, Canada
There will be another price drop before Halo 3 comes out, (always is before a big title is released). By then you won't have to worry about the new tech in it as all the consoles in-store whould have it. I'm personally waiting another few weeks hoping they'll lower the elite version's price and bundle it with something.
GR34
oK I guess I wont buy for a wile.

The#1Spot wrote:

Buy a Ps3.
No, Just no.

Last edited by GR34 (2007-08-09 16:27:57)

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6751
Buy yourself a play and Charge kit, it will save you money in the long run.
GR34

r'Eeee wrote:

The 65nm should reduce the overheating problem, that the 360's are currently having. i.e. the god damn, 3 red light problem. The new GPU heatsink will also help, hopefully.
If I buy one do you think that I will be able to take back to the stor and exchange it for one of the newer ones! (I am going to get it at future shop b/c I have a $100 store card girt card thing!
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6182|New Austin, Not

r'Eeee wrote:

Already had that problem...twice.
Damn you red ring of death!!!
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6458|Boulder, CO

r'Eeee wrote:

the whole overheating problem is because they've not put in enough motherboard supports so the mo board in them isn't supported in the middle so when it overheats the mo board bends slightly which breaks circuits and causes all sorts of fuck ups in the machine. = red led lights of random death.

I tried alliteration but i failed.
GR34
I have been doing some reaserch and from what I have read the HDMI/65nm xboxes are out allready they are just mixed in with the others.

So can any one confirm this for me(?) or somthing please it would be a great help thank you

PS could I plug it in to my computer monitor so I can use the HD I have a flat panle one with a vga hook up on the back were the cord plugs in?(Iam tierd sorry for spelling and what ever make no sense of)

Last edited by GR34 (2007-08-10 19:08:10)

Sgt.Scream.MDK
+19|6774|Florida - America's Wang!
One thing I can recommend you not get is the wireless headset. I got it for Christmas and I just don't care for the damn thing. Sure its nice not to have any wires, but it delays picking up your voice (because it uses VOX instead of a hot mic like the wired version) and is quieter than the wired version (which is quiet enough).

And yes, the HDMI version is out in the wild, just make sure to look on the box under contents it should say HDMI
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6728|Riva, MD
You'd be better off putting your own SATA hard drive into the HDD container in place of the standard one.  The standard HDD for the 360 is a standard edition 2.5 Laptop SATA, no special cables, uses the same power and data cables as any other one.

The standard HDD is obviously only 20GB, but it is also only 5400RPM, you should get one that does 7200RPM.  You can get one that is bigger and faster than the 120GB HDD(although slightly smaller) for much less than what you would pay for it.  Just go to Newegg and look through SATA hard drives.

The only problem is that this voids the warranty, but if you know what you're doing, that shouldn't be an issue.

Here's how:

Click on the video to see more info about 360 HDDs and such in his description.

There are the ones I found on Newegg that will actually work.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-08-10 19:30:01)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
Sell it and upgrade your PC
GR34
G thx for the help but could some one answer my questions?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard