• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • The great BF2s Computer Survey; Part III - Computing needs (K:0)

Poll

If you go out and buy a new computer, what is your primary focus?

Price19%19% - 54
System spec's79%79% - 220
Brand0%0% - 2
Looks0%0% - 0
Accesories0%0% - 0
Total: 276
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6406|fåking denmark
Good specs, combined with a good price.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6582|NYC / Hamburg

leetkyle wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

System specs followed clooooooosely by looks and price.
This coming from a person who solely wants a Thermaltake Armor, everytime!
hey, I love my TT Armor
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Thrawn1799
+1|6266|Cleveland, OH
8800GTX Nough said?

Last edited by Thrawn1799 (2007-08-10 01:00:15)

redlichtie
+0|6012
its always going to be performance but like most its a case of ok i have x amount now what can i get best for my money
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6462|Chicago, IL

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Performance, followed closely by price. I want to be able to play all of the new games coming out with high settings, but I want to keep my pc cost below $1500.
Microwave
_
+515|6670|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

lmao at whoever picked brand bet it was james with alienware
    It sooo wasn't.

I wish I could change my name to JameS@a computer that isn't a waste of money

Meh. I just need to ask the right questions to the right people!......*hint hint*

I built my own new one so it's all about the specs!

Last edited by james@alienware (2007-11-30 12:16:46)

Oscar590
The Canadian
+3|6236|Richmond, BC, Canada
lol of course performance then price after that
OneSixty
+14|6508|Melbourne
accesories.. like a $80-120 mouse pad would be uber... with a light and a cum rag clip on it or something.

more seriously ..Specs, then case type then cooling and power consumption minded. as far as brands, i just wont buy certain things, asus motherboards specifiacally.

And in specs GFX , RAM then CPU going down the line of imprtance in power output. Ie: getting a better gfx card with a decent set of ram and and an okay cpu is better for me than a high clock cpu with cheaper ram and a cheap vid card.
Cleft
+2|6152|Pacific Northwest
I have to go with price, because not having a big budget sucks, of course specs are important, but it doesn't really matter if you can't afford them
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6772|06-01
system specs vs cost ratio
Ricerckt93
+69|6667

kylef wrote:

System specs, of course!
Price has to be somewhat reasonable.

Need to find that happy medium between high-end and mediocre.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6429|Finland

I don't just go out and buy computers. I order the parts here and build it myself...
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
OneSixty
+14|6508|Melbourne

Cleft wrote:

I have to go with price, because not having a big budget sucks, of course specs are important, but it doesn't really matter if you can't afford them
Sorry not to argue but yes it does,
I am on a budget too and i reserch the specs FOR my budget.. no matter what price you are willing to spend there will be specs that are built for that budget ( so long as you buget is reasonable )

You can build a new pc off unempliyment wages here in australia, 200 bucks to it a fortnight- in 2 months you have a pretty good starter system.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6189|Sydney | ♥

OneSixty wrote:

Cleft wrote:

Sorry not to argue but yes it does,
I am on a budget too and i reserch the specs FOR my budget.. no matter what price you are willing to spend there will be specs that are built for that budget ( so long as you buget is reasonable )

You can build a new pc off unempliyment wages here in australia, 200 bucks to it a fortnight- in 2 months you have a pretty good starter system.
Yer, comps cost 2 months of saving, thats it.... its when people dont save...
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6863|"Frisco"

This poll really needed the "I build computers by part" option.

When I am out to purchase a prepackaged machine, they are all pretty much the same overpriced crap so I just try to get a minimum spec machine for what the person wants. So it's really about price.
']['error
Banned
+630|6659|The Netherlands

gvers wrote:

Well I ain't voting in this one as it has to be a balance of price v performance
ghettoperson
+1,943|6664

The shiny Apple logo on the front.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6580|Area 51
System specs off course, but I am only on a limited budget, being 17 years old and my Saturday job doesnt earn me enough to affort a super SLI rig. So its more a balance off System Specs/Money
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6858|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Specs all the way.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6469|USA
Price / performance ratio. Basically I don't skimp on ANYTHING. I get the best there is for a certain price point. The other thing I make sure is that the computer will be 100% upgradable.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6565|CH/BR - in UK

Specs, but reasonable price - ie under 1500 GBP

-konfusion
Fulcrum-UK
If it aint Broke, Break it
+10|6004|Tipton, UK
hmm i wont buy a computer because its cheap if it doesnt have good specs, but on the other side i will hunt around for better deals on similar or identical spec machines. u can get pcs from cyberpower custom built to what u want for half the price of a similar pc from PC World or other high street retailers.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6212|Winland

Price/Performance ratio by brands I like. (Intel and nVidia)
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
jay_courage
Alive in a sea of mediocre
+131|5974|Carnoustie
does my vote count on this since im a system builder?
I Friggin Love The Nhs
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6747|St. Andrews / Oslo

jay_courage wrote:

does my vote count on this since im a system builder?
why wouldn't it?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • The great BF2s Computer Survey; Part III - Computing needs (K:0)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard