Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6681|Brisbane, Australia

A few reasons why I will be not be buying crysis.

1. Its a fucking jungle game.
For some reason, Ive never liked games set in jungles/vietnam, BF:V, Far cry, that MoH that was set in vietnam and crysis will be no exception. Jungles fucking piss me off.

2. DX10
I have never been pursuaded to buy a new computer for a game, and Ill be damned if its a fucking jungle game, (see above) Not to mention even if I had a DX10 computer I would need Vista or linux, and I'm not buying a new OS or learning one for a fucking jungle game (see above)

3. Graphics are meh.
I love a bit of eye candy every now and then, but theres nothing sweeter than the sight of money, I can do without cutting edge graphics.

4. I seriously need to stop playing games.
Its a problem and by going out and buying a new system and a game, Ill be locked into the WoW mindset, which is you have to play to get your money's worth.

5. ITS A FUCKING JUNGLE GAME
I cannot stress how much jungle games piss me off, if I came into a position of great power, I would have vietnam sunk into the ocean and destroy any game set in a jungle as well as anyone who makes a jungle game.

My rage for jungles is so great that I would coat the amazon in napalm.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6544|Adelaide, South Australia

<---

Edit: It used to say "Fuck Crysis". This remains my opinion.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-08-09 23:54:16)

CodePhoeniX
+13|6240|USA

Sarrk wrote:

2. DX10
I have never been pursuaded to buy a new computer for a game, and Ill be damned if its a fucking jungle game, (see above) Not to mention even if I had a DX10 computer I would need Vista or linux, and I'm not buying a new OS or learning one for a fucking jungle game (see above)
itll run on DX9... and XP

Last edited by CodePhoeniX (2007-08-09 00:45:39)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6464|Brisbane, Australia

Sarrk wrote:

Well that would fuck the earth up a fair bit, so I'm glad your not in power!

And I am gonna reserve judgment until it is released, because atm it looks like the awesomest game ever but thats what bf2 looked like too in it's promotional shit
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

And I am gonna reserve judgment until it is released, because atm it looks like the awesomest game ever but thats what bf2 looked like too in it's promotional shit
You've got to be kidding...
OmniDeath
~
+726|6669

I'm pretty sure the whole game is not in the jungle, only part of it.

It will run on DX9

If you play on DX9 the graphics won't be so cutting edge, and save you money.

Crysis>WoW

CodePhoeniX
+13|6240|USA

OmniDeath wrote:

It will run on DX9

If you play on DX9 the graphics won't be so cutting edge, and save you money.

Crysis>WoW

lol, you read the other posts(not)
Volatile
+252|6729|Sextupling in Empire

CodePhoeniX wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

2. DX10
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6464|Brisbane, Australia

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

Have you seen the videos? Like shooting at the tires of cars, the fuel tanks on the back of jeeps, stakes supporting logs etc - its fucking awesome. In theory. Like I said, I will reserve final judgment until release.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6621|Michigan, USA
I share you vision.  Jungles were fun, in 2000, now their in every game, and are over done.  That and Crysis is being hyped and hyped over, I seem to remember a game just like it...cant remember the name...
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

I'd rather have a fucked up earth than have more motherfucking jungle games.

Also, what promotional shit? I barely heard anything about BF2, the most I heard was for BF2:MC the wtfghey Console rip riding on the coat-tails of Battlefield.

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

CodePhoeniX wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

2. DX10
I am fully aware that crysis will play on DX9, but I thought that you people were smart enough to realise that I dont give a fuck because I'm not buying it.

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Have you seen the videos? Like shooting at the tires of cars, the fuel tanks on the back of jeeps, stakes supporting logs etc - its fucking awesome. In theory. Like I said, I will reserve final judgment until release.
It doesn't matter what the game has, its pretty much a pilot game for DX10 because all other games are going to be like this, and better. 5 Dollars and 24 hours of me being forced to play crysis says so, I'll even record that video and put it on the internet.

Last edited by Sarrk (2007-08-09 00:59:03)

CodePhoeniX
+13|6240|USA

Sarrk wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

CodePhoeniX wrote:

I am fully aware that crysis will play on DX9, but I thought that you people were smart enough to realise that I dont give a fuck because I'm not buying it.
why does you not buying it concern us?
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

CodePhoeniX wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

why does you not buying it concern us?
Why does it concern you to tell me otherwise?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

You've got me at the tire shooting, but

[*]I can blow up gas cans in Sniper Elite. Only they're on TANKS.

[*]Both Oblivion and Dark Messiah have log traps. Hell, even Battlefield: Vietnam had them.

[*]I saw a screenshot of a dumpster being thrown at an enemy. You can do practically the same thing in Dark Messiah, too.

TBH, apart form graphics, its not overly special. I'd rather buy Far Cry 2 when it come out.
Microwave
_
+515|6680|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
It's not always 'cool' to be different.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

james@alienware wrote:

says the person who flaunts having an alienware.
Microwave
_

Sarrk wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

But I don't......I made that name a long time ago.

Alienware is owned by Dell anyway....so it's not really different is it.

Oh, and do explain how I flaunt it!
Reciprocity
+721|6606|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I hope crysis comes with a tiny little violin, so I can play it for you.

in the jungle.
rubber.sex
Banned
+32|6137|London UK
no one cares about your bitching
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

james@alienware wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

james@alienware
Microwave
_

Sarrk wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

james@alienware
Plzreadthx

And if you still think that's flaunting, I'll explain:

At the time I made this forum name the same as my bf2 name in order to reduce any possible confusion. I was stuck with that bf2 name which I made quickly and with little thought when I played the demo. When I got the full game it didn't let me register another name to my same email address, so I stuck with that one, I didn't particularly want it, but it did.

ok?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6416

Crysis = EXTREME LOGGER.

Let's face it, the machine gun (not the chain gun, just the assault rifle) is a logger's dream.  One or two shots into a tree trunk, and even the hardiest palm tree will come crashing down, at a safe distance.  Note also that when trees cut buy the Extreme Assault Rifle Logger (TM)(R) fall, they tend to fall cut part first, top of tree hitting ground a little after.

Please, that is the WORST example of physics I have ever seen.  Also, the ragdolls are ridiculous - bodies don't go flying 4 metres when hit by bullets.  Shells and rockets yes, but not bullets.  Even a .50 cal would simply rip the body apart, not fling it into the air.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-08-09 01:45:44)

Microwave
_

some_random_panda wrote:

Crysis = EXTREME LOGGER.

Let's face it, the machine gun (not the chain gun, just the assault rifle) is a logger's dream.  One or two shots into a tree trunk, and even the hardiest palm tree will come crashing down, at a safe distance.  Note also that when trees cut buy the Extreme Assault Rifle Logger (TM)(R) fall, they tend to fall cut part first, top of tree hitting ground a little after.

Please, that is the WORST example of physics I have ever seen.  Also, the ragdolls are ridiculous - bodies don't go flying 4 metres when hit by bullets.  Shells and rockets yes, but not bullets.  Even a .50 cal would simply rip the body apart, not fling it into the air.
Haha yeah, however much I'm looking forward to the game I have to agree with that! I think it would be good if a 'reality' mod was made for it - non of that superstrength/jump/speed crap!

Still....going to be amazing.
Raphi
Banned
+354|6283|Basel, Switzerland

rubber.sex wrote:

no one cares about your bitching
Nobody cares about your opinion.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

james@alienware wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

james@alienware
Plzreadthx

And if you still think that's flaunting, I'll explain:

At the time I made this forum name the same as my bf2 name in order to reduce any possible confusion. I was stuck with that bf2 name which I made quickly and with little thought when I played the demo. When I got the full game it didn't let me register another name to my same email address, so I stuck with that one, I didn't particularly want it, but it did.

ok?
Fair enough, I rectract my previous statement.

It seems that Ive overestimated the forums again, perhaps most of you didn't notice by the fact that 3/5 points ended up mentioning my hate for jungle games. And if you're still not getting it, heres what I probaly should've posted

Sarrk wrote:

I hate jungle games, something about them pisses me off and crysis is no exception, I dont care what its going to be, nothing is going to change the fact that its a jungle game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard