Well, what do you all think?
stef10
+173|6483|Denmark
WTF. There was no high learning curve.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
It's all good how it is.

If it was easy to learn to fly, there would be less skill in the world of BF2 and more arguments over vehicles.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6643|can

stef10 wrote:

Then how do you explain that after 2 years 90% of players can't use a chopper properly?
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6479|Communist Republic of CA, USA
There's a high learning curve?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas
There is a high learning curve??? Really? You MUST be joking...

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-08-07 10:09:15)

stef10
+173|6483|Denmark

TrashBlinD wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Then how do you explain that after 2 years 90% of players can't use a chopper properly?
hmmm, terrible computer or 128 kb/s internet.

ok, you are right there are a lot of bad pilots which both cant fly or understand a gunner correctly. But I had no problems.
Only really start problem I had was hovering over the electricity flag-point on Dragon Valley.
lostfx
+16|6577|Georgia

TrashBlinD wrote:

stef10 wrote:

90% of the players play karkand? and only 5% that do play karkand have played another map which required them to fly a chopper.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

lostfx wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

stef10 wrote:

90% of the players play karkand? and only 5% that do play karkand have played another map which required them to fly a chopper.
I suggest you re-check your statistics
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6528|Belgium

The learning curve really isn't high.
It takes less than an hour to learn the basics. Then it's just ten hours practice to hit targets. All left is more practice to avoid dying by crashing or enemies.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California

TrashBlinD wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Anyone can use a chopper or jet, but only some can use it well.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas
One thing I don't get is why people use their mouse to fly.

Keyboard only = win.
stef10
+173|6483|Denmark
Of course you also need to use a couple of hours learning to avoid crashing into the uav or supply equipment falling down from sky. If you stay high you will probably experience this 5 times in a round. After that you will also experience anger that in the last end will destroy your mouse pad, after you hammered your mouse down in it several time.
lostfx
+16|6577|Georgia

I'm Jamesey wrote:

lostfx wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

...90% of the players on karkand...5% of the 90% have played a map requiring them to fly a chopper to get somewhere which leaves the 10% who just whore wake

i guess i have to type out everything on the intarwebz for someone to understand something so simple. apologies for not including the numerous theorems that i had to use to come up with the answer.
TheGiantSE
+14|6472|Sweden

TrashBlinD wrote:

stef10 wrote:

We want to fight the war on the ground face to face and not play Microsoft Flight Simulator

And Karkand is an other reason I think.
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6314|Netherlands

stef10 wrote:

HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6659|California
Buy a joystick... and the game becomes "Air Combat"... its simple as a pimple.

at least for the planes.

If you Know how to fly a heli, and understand the physics... its very real...

so there's a slight learning curve.

Most of the time... once im in the air... Boom.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas

lostfx wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

lostfx wrote:

...90% of the players on karkand...5% of the 90% have played a map requiring them to fly a chopper to get somewhere which leaves the 10% who just whore wake

i guess i have to type out everything on the intarwebz for someone to understand something so simple. apologies for not including the numerous theorems that i had to use to come up with the answer.
I suggest you re-check your statistics too.

Just look at the "Is Karkand your favorite map?" thread. "Yes" doesn't have 90% of the votes, and this site is biased because it's a STATS website. So stfu and stop taking numbers out of your ass.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6620|Manitowoc, WI
I not sure about the high learning curve for jets, but I know choppers can be difficult to fly when you first start out, which is a good thing.  I don't know if the hovercraft in 2142 was changed after the demo, but I know I hated it in the demo.
Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6422|Norway

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

One thing I don't get is why people use their mouse to fly.

Keyboard only = win.
the first sound argument ive heard all day:D
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6143
Um what's the alternative?  "Press E to enter a vehicle.  Press Q to kill everyone on the enemy team"
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6455|USA
Huh? The learning curve isn't high, what the fuck are you talking about?
Samtheman53.0000012
Banned
+15|6120
Whats a jet?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

Samtheman53.0000012 wrote:

Whats a jet?
Bigger question, wtf's BF2?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6493|Land of Cotton
I think the learning curve for choppers is quite high compared to the other vehicles.  At least it carried over from BF1942 mods and actually seemed easier to control the thing. I still suck it but I can have fun.  The jets are straight forward if you have a joystick. I found that I needed mouse/keyboard for the chopper to control all three axes. I have an old cheap joystick but it works ok for jets.

As for good idea vs bad idea, I have no opinion. At least you can earn something by taking some time to learn how to do it properly.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard