citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6505|Atlanta, GA
It's freakin ridiculous. I can blow up three consoles easy. 3 Rdx on one, 2 Rdx + 2 Nades on another, and by then I probably get shot so I respawn, blow up the third. It's just when you get into the reactor chamber, after like 2 or 3 times of loading RDX all over it and blowing it up, you go in the one last one and someone with a Pilum fuckin destroys it right before you can. Freakin annoying as hell!!! This has happened at least 5 times.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6740
Damn unlucky its an hard badge, best to try it with mates who know that you are going for it and can protect, revive and rearm you, also its said to say that TKing people on your side might be in order.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
Yes, it is very hard, I just jumped on a server with clannies that supplied and looked after me and we did it easy.
dom117
+17|6465
i remember it as being one of my first badges..i was on a tiny server while i was getting used to the game and got it easy..jus join the smallest server possible and be quick as u can
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6505|Atlanta, GA
well right now I'm running 1.4 for my server selection is limited and i don't feel like uninstalling and reinstalling it. Plus I pretty much have Highway Tampa  memorized. And then there's the server's constantly crashing.

But I'll try and see if I can find one with a clan running around and see if they'll help.
Arcano-D.E.S
+13|6547
Easy to get:
1: Be a squadleader. It is very important to get yourself in a position where you can spear head an attack. You can do this with a SL that will work with you but I prefer it to be me so I can land on the titan as soon as the shields go down and have my squad spawn on me. With a full squad and a ferocious attack you should be able to get all the consoles.

2: Let people know you are doing it. If you are in a squad and "call it" you may find that people will take a support class to help you in your task.

3: Recon. Support. Medic. You, him and that guy. All you need.

4: Avoid friendly fire. Nothin screws up a glorious Titan attack like 4 TK's at a console.

5: Luck. Have some that is good.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Go onto an underpopulated server with three of friends. Be recon. Have one friend be support and squadleader, and the other be assaults.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6422|California, US
the only way possible to get it is only if your team are fighting over the silos on the ground and the opposing team is as well, oh and you should bring a transport on their titan.
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6505|Atlanta, GA
Well usually i try to be a squad leader, that way I can lay a beacon down, cause you'd be surprised how many SL don't use their damn beacons... Anyways, I use that and hope that my squad is smart enough to do it as well. I should probably ask for help next time though.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6656|UK

Adams_BJ wrote:

Yes, it is very hard, I just jumped on a server with clannies that supplied and looked after me and we did it easy.
could not agree more
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6505|Atlanta, GA
yeah, i actually just got it a second ago.. I asked for some help after having destroyed two consoles. I ended up destroying all four, and then when we got into the reactor room, they guarded the door and there was a support class who dropped some supplies. It was pretty awesome. It boosted me from almost Warrant Officer Silver by about 250 points to almost Warrant Officer Gold with 229 left to go.

Now I have another question, when you destroy the 4 titan guns and get the Titan Destructor Pin, is that a 20 point Titan Attack score, or just 4 attack score for destroying the guns?
Slickfish
+24|6624
If memory serve's me, You get 2 points for each gun and then the points from the pin 10 or 20 not 100% sure.
Remember you can only get 2 pins per round though, after the 8 guns you get no points.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6732|Germany, near Koblenz
If you're asking whether destroying Titan guns will help you achieving the Titan Combat Excellence Badge: No! (100 % sure!)
Only 2 team points each for up to 8 guns (incl. AA guns) and up to 2 pins worth 20 career points each, nothing more, nothing less.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6656|UK

DerGraueWolf wrote:

If you're asking whether destroying Titan guns will help you achieving the Titan Combat Excellence Badge: No! (100 % sure!)
Only 2 team points each for up to 8 guns (incl. AA guns) and up to 2 pins worth 20 career points each, nothing more, nothing less.
correct
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6505|Atlanta, GA
so even though it says "titan attack score" when you destroy one it doesn't count? damn.
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6547|inside your nose.

citricacidx wrote:

so even though it says "titan attack score" when you destroy one it doesn't count? damn.
of course not. You have to destroy 3 consoles and the core, not the titan guns.

The easiest way I would think would have to be to do it with people you know. But if you arent in a clan or anything like that i would suggest making your own squad. I find naming it funny things helps fill it up. Once you fill it up tell them your plan and if they dont like it, kick them and invite someone else. Cap all the silos and try to hold them for a fast shield destruction. Then tell them to spawn with support and medic. They should probably equip clarks, sentry guns, and some the mobile uav thing, i forget, and others with the ips shield. When you enter a corridor tell them to run and set up their sentry gun at the end so no one gets thru. rinse, repeat. ONce you are in the core if you can hold them off, its pretty much yours.

wow, that was long and pointless
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6505|Atlanta, GA
not really. I mean, I did already get the badge within the time of this thread, but your post could be useful to others. Now I'm trying to get another one (titan combat excellence badge)
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

I tried to get mine, gave up, and got it by accident a week later
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
psH
Banned
+217|6384|Sydney
What i tried is going on a very very very unpopulated server, and drawing attention away from the titan, so i can roffle it. However, tis freakin annoying trying to get this badge...i think you shouldn't have to blow the core to get it.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

Ashlite wrote:

What i tried is going on a very very very unpopulated server, and drawing attention away from the titan, so i can roffle it. However, tis freakin annoying trying to get this badge...i think you shouldn't have to blow the core to get it.
It should be like 75% damage to core or something like that.

And don't start being a bold text whore ashy!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Navyseal99
Unintentional Good-Guy
+0|6658
I would have to agree that it is a pretty difficult badge to get...
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6658|WPB, FL. USA
It's not really hard, you just need the following combination - you need to be in a small server, be in a squad, tell everyone you are trying for the badge, and it would even be better to be on TS or Vent with a clan - good luck! 

DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK YOUR TEAM TO LET YOU DESTROY THE PANELS AND CORE - MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT ASSHATS.
Magius5.0
+106|6382|UMass Amherst
I got the badge, the pins, but getting that achievement is still damn tough--
oh yeah, three months later and Imma still posting.  glee!

Edit: Agreed that it needs to be lower server population.  Still too many asshats who camp those corridors with RDX and gheymores, although my RDX shotgun should make quick work of em now.

Last edited by Magius5.0 (2007-11-25 15:04:25)

bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6690|London, UK
Funny thing how I got mine, joined the server, enemy titan shields go down, spawn as RDX whore, Pod on to titan thanks to titans being close to each other, blew up two consoles, realised that at least 3 dudes that spawned were support trying to blow up consoles but they saw me and protected me blew up the rest got more RDX, got in the titan core blew that up all while laggin which is why I was looking at the floor when I took the screeny and only got 3 kills from claymores I was like yehhh!!! Thanked everyone on my team to (20 man server)

Last edited by bullit (2007-11-25 15:29:33)

wedge3382
UD-6 Talon Whore
+14|6557|Ellisville, MS
Got man on a low man server, everyone was attack our titan.  Went over to theres, whch was completely emtpy of enemy troops.  Blew two consoles, commander put a supply drop on the back deck for me, restocked my RDX blew the other two, restocked and went after the core.  Took about five minutes and got one kill, but blew the tittan and got my gold badge.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard