Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Pungi sticks
BFV ftw! Now THAT would be fun

Ill believe it when I see it, but with BF2 as popular as it still is (especially compared to 2142) I cant see how they cannot support this game.

So long as its mostly bug and glitch fixes and maybe a new map or two, thats fine by me.

Last edited by Snake (2007-08-07 10:42:10)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

lulz Maybe they used my patch list!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
Yeh, if anyone read my gist translation, it said they wont be dropping the ranking system/support.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6116|Tampa, Florida
I'm used to 1.41, I don't really think a new patch would be that great. Unless they only fixed minor glitches, like getting in the building at square, or other building glitches.

IMO Having 1.2 back would rock, but keep the award times the same. I remember some of the medals you needed some many hours it wasn't even funny.
Samtheman53.0000012
Banned
+15|6121
omg new patch? that means new weapons!!11111!!
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6329|105 RVK
lol that clan could be lying as far as we know.
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6742|Clinton, MD, USA
I'm crossing my fingers for a 10-round magazine for the MK3A1 Jackhammer and a fix for all the grenade spamming. "No Grenades" server option FTW!!! Oh and just a tad little fix on the helicopter machine guns to balance it out.
jbuffethed
+1|6501|Minot AFB

Delphy wrote:

Agreed. Every patch since like 1.12 has made the game laggier for me, not to mention nerfing everything like they do. I hope there aren't any more, they suck at patches.
Man I was on wake yesterday as a gunner on the blackhawk.  The pilot was hovering just off the carrier, cause there was a spec ops that blew out shit up.  I lit him up until the gun wouldnt shoot anymore and it still didnt kill him.  They need to return the blackhawk to the way it was.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6485|P-way, NJ
Didn't some guy say the patch was suppose to come out this month?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

What guy?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6423|California, US
damn. really? that sounds cool
wait it was kind of unclear in your post but did you say it will COST to get the new patch?
l41e
+677|6650

I would like to see instant PB bans for anyone who whines about "OMG DEY NERFED MAI FAV GUN DEY CANT ADAPT WTF I QIUT (((" in-game.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6646|Ohio
A full translation from your friend google:

The team of “BATTLEIFIELD2-NEWS.DE” had the chance DICE (developer BF2) in April an attendance abzustatten. The following questions were placed to Lars Gustavsson (Creative Director) there and Sean Decker (Executive producer) (SOURCE: www.battlefield2-news.de): Battlefield 2
Question: Will it give still another further Patch?
Answer: It is a Patch in work

Question: Is the Rankingsystem released also for Mods? It is already for a very long time spoken of it.
Answer: The will for the release of the Rankingsystem for Mods is present, however there is no possibility the Rankingsystem for Mods to release at present still. When reasons obstruct those the conversion, us the support which can be furnished and the costs developing from it were called. To knowledge it is interesting that 95% the Battlefield player play only on Ranked servers.

Question: Will it give an official map luggage, which can also be played on the Ranked servers and one supports?
Answer: In addition we may not say anything.

Question: How long will the BF2/BF2142 account server still run?
Answer: There are no plans the account servers to turn off at present. As long as BF2 and BF2142 are played, the climbing OD server system remains existing.

Question: Will it give further maps for Special Forces to near future?
Answer: Sorry, no comment.

Question: Is the editor for BF2 completely published?
Answer: For the BF2 editor gives at present no plans to extend this with further functions.

Question: Will it give a further AddOn?
Answer: No, further AddOns or Busterpacks is not at present planned for BF2.

Question: Why is communication so bad to the Mod teams?
Answer: The problem recognized DICE and adjusted a new HQ Community manager Colin Clack. It is in contact with verse. Mod teams and is this still further to deepen. He is also the partner to questions or suggestions of the editor.

Question: Why large Patches instead of repeatedly smaller nose-fixed?
Answer: Patches and nose-fixed are extremely complex and expensive. However the next to last BF2 Patch version 1.4 cost approximately $300,000. The reason for the enormous costs is mainly at the complex tests of the software and different conditions and on the most different systems. (Quality assurance) for this reason it is to be supplied not possible the user with smaller and faster nose-fixed. If a Patch is posed, this can be given not immediately to the Download freely. For this only the legal bases must be clarified. In each country different right applies. Only if this hurdle is taken, the file can on the DL server.

Question: Does Dice of products plan to answer over to the competition such as ET qs or front LINEs?
Answer: They expect also with tension ET qs and front LINEs. Even if one of the plays should be better than a play of DICE, the Community has thereby more advantages. Since competition animates the business and creativity, the player can rely on the fact that Dice will try to improve its products further.

Question: Where does the navy remain?
Answer: Thematically it does not fit any longer correctly in BF2. In the today's time the navy is a mobile operations center and no more as e.g. in 2 the' ten world war involved in fighting actively. Result: Long speech, short sense. The rumors it NO further Patch for Battlefield 2 to give is to have been probably finally weakened, might thereby. However it is already nervig if nearly each third question with “NO COMMENT or “to it we may not say anything” are answered.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6169
Those are some expensive patches.  Damn.
Flyjetandkill
Planewhore
+74|6384|The Sky!!!!
Thanx for the Info +1
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

k30dxedle wrote:

I would like to see instant PB bans for anyone who whines about "OMG DEY NERFED MAI FAV GUN DEY CANT ADAPT WTF I QIUT (((" in-game.
Also for people who whine about shit other than J10s and Claymores.

"c4 j33p iz leik crap" = GUID ban

"j00 r a rpk n00b" = GUID ban.

Or maybe not, Tampa and Mass D. would be much harder without these people/
-|TS|-owNzu7
+6|6421
Duh, 1.4 was soooo good.  Don't change any more!
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6465|A W S M F O X

Ssandstorm wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I'd like all kits to be as useful as medic in infantry only.
Scotch mist is Scottish.
"Drunken scotsmen vomiting all over street......glasgow at wednesday afternoon."

Darkplace > all you fools.
Teflonspray
+2|6470

fatherted13 wrote:

Frage: Will there be maps for special forces?
Antwort: Sorry, no comment.

Frage: Will there be a editor for bf2?
Antwort: No plans.

Frage: Will there be any addons?
Antwort: No, none planned.
No one has commented on the difference in answers, he gives. Why doesn't he say "yes" or "no", on the question about new SF maps? He says no to any new content such as booster packs or expansions. Does this mean we will get a new SF map, but he can't comment on it yet? Of course, this is pure speculation, due to how he answered the question. But if we did get a new SF map, I sure hope it involves the SEALs and MECSF, I'm getting tired of The Iron Gator, and I would like to receive my medals soon.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6620|Manitowoc, WI

Monkeyman911 wrote:

damn. really? that sounds cool
wait it was kind of unclear in your post but did you say it will COST to get the new patch?
It will cost THEM to make a new patch.  I would be really surprise if they actually expected us to pay for a fix of their game, even for a game published by EA.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria
I hope for a new map included in the patch!!! !!!
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6664|under there hayousaidunderwear
Didn't read the thread and I am sure someone said this but they should just bring the game to how it was when it came out
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

, the CTD from swapping kits,
That annoys me more than anything.  I also hope they kill this 400 hrs for expert armor.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6304|The | Netherlands

Missionless wrote:

lol that clan could be lying as far as we know.
Ye, bunch of attention whores!
maclennan101
+2|6739
From ea forums today

Posted: Wed 8th Aug, 2007 15.40 pm    Post subject: Battlefield 2 patch information 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As many of you know already there is a new patch currently in development for Battlefield 2 which will address a large number of gameplay issues, balancing and bugs which have been reported through this forum and other sources.

Naturally there is a great deal of speculation about what the patch will contain and there have been several posts from users claiming to have insider knowledge into the final makeup of the patch.

While we understand the need and demand for further information, at this time there is nothing further to add except to say that patch development is progressing and so far is on schedule.

When we have definite, finalised fix lists or a release date for the patch we will update this thread immediately, however until that time there is nothing further to be added.

I would also reiterate the point that until you see information regarding the patch on an official EA site, such as this forum or the US site, posted by an EA employee take any information you receive with a pinch of salt.

Apologies for the frustration at the wait, however it is vital that the patch be delivered in the best possible condition, improving the game from where it is now and solving many of the issues and complaints which have been received so far. Similarly, speculative information from us at this point will undoubtedly lead to disappointment as the makeup of the final, release, patch will not be set in stone until it enters the final testing phase.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard