Benzin
+576|6005
HTC Magic, Android representin y0!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5480|Ventura, California
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/50801/sony-hikaru.jpg

I have the red one. This phone is epic win!

8.1 megapixel camera, great media section, the screen changes sides when I flip it 90°s left or right.

It's got everything I need!

- good contact list
- great calendar
- amazing camera
- good music quality
- nice and small, very practical
- stylish
- easy to use with one hand
- etc.
- etc.

Old phones in order were:

Sony Ericsson w330i
Motorola v550
Sony Ericsson w850i
Sony Erisson w995 (current phone)
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6330|New Haven, CT
On topic, Sony Ericsson Equinox (TM717).

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-04-08 14:33:45)

Brasso
+1,549|6637

env touch
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
jsnipy
+3,276|6529|...

Eifa wrote:

Uzique wrote:

the only people that dont like iphones are poor people

and communists
nah, i've just never liked apple.
its not like an iphone is any more expensive than anything else (smart phone) anyway
Benzin
+576|6005
Yea, the iPhone costs just the same as other smart phones nowadays. I'll stick with Android, though, thank you very much.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
yah that was my point when i sarcastically-debunked androoz's point about it being a 'status' thing.

because the apple iphone just happens to be the most popular smartphone based on other merits. pricing is pretty much equal.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6292|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

CapnNismo wrote:

Yea, the iPhone costs just the same as other smart phones nowadays. I'll stick with Android, though, thank you very much.
>Implying the iphone is a "smartphone"

The apple is inferior to most linux based phones & all winmo devices when it comes to functions & everyday usability...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jsnipy
+3,276|6529|...

Uzique wrote:

yah that was my point when i sarcastically-debunked androoz's point about it being a 'status' thing.

because the apple iphone just happens to be the most popular smartphone based on other merits. pricing is pretty much equal.
androoz is auto-debunked on any point
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
actually, "every day usability" is the main strength of it.

sure it can't be modded as much and the appstore is nazi-patrolled, but it's by FAR the easiest to use for the average smartphone consumer

the entire apple user-experience is based around simple, easy and effective interaction. design philosophy extends through all their products.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6136|Carnoustie MASSIF
https://limewoody.files.wordpress.com/2006/03/aw_jeez_not_this_shit_again2.jpg
FloppY_
­

Uzique wrote:

actually, "every day usability" is the main strength of it.

sure it can't be modded as much and the appstore is nazi-patrolled, but it's by FAR the easiest to use for the average smartphone consumer

the entire apple user-experience is based around simple, easy and effective interaction. design philosophy extends through all their products.
Apples only philosophy is: Make something average -> Overhype it to infinity and beyond -> Sell overpriced

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-04-08 15:12:25)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
and your only philosophy is seemingly: be a dumb ignorant cunt and make stupid comments -> be a dumb ignorant cunt and make stupid comments -> be a dumb ignorant cunt and make stupid comments

but you go, kid. keep telling yourself you're the more discerning consumer with your linux phones and android apps

you the man; gee, i bet your text-sending and phone-calling is infinitely better than mine
CammRobb
Banned
I love how people that have iPhones/Apple hardware defend them as if it's a child, and people that don't seem to hate them with a passion. No middle ground
jsnipy
+3,276|6529|...

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
im not defending mine as a child... the fuck are you on about... camm weighs in with yet more astute observation.

i said their design is purposefully simple and user-guiding. narrow, even. i only use my phone for text/phonecalls. i could care less - i have the same view about mobile phones that i did when i first posted in this thread, 2 years ago.

the anti-apple bandwagon is the funnier of the two, though. at least the apple fanboys have some tangible experience and first-hand knowledge of what they're talking about. the anti-apple kids normally just hate their stuff because it's unaffordable and untouchable. sad as fuck. they're just gadgets.
FloppY_
­

Uzique wrote:

and your only philosophy is seemingly: be a dumb ignorant cunt and make stupid comments -> be a dumb ignorant cunt and make stupid comments -> be a dumb ignorant cunt and make stupid comments

but you go, kid. keep telling yourself you're the more discerning consumer with your linux phones and android apps

you the man; gee, i bet your text-sending and phone-calling is infinitely better than mine
Atleast I have buttons to press so sending a text doesn't take ages or come up fubar'd

And no.. I'm not dumb and ignorant... I just can't stand how apple as a company keeps bullshitting people calling stuff "revolutionizing" when what he really should say is "simple"...

Apple lives off the "me-too" customers who just eat up the fat marketing like flies on sugar...

1st gen Iphone was called revolutionizing... the bloody thing barely did what phones from 5 years earlier had already done better & cheaper.. -.-

https://www.mimundoiphone.com/site2.2/images/stories/000000iphone-vs-rock.jpeg.jpg
CammRobb
Banned

Uzique wrote:

im not defending mine as a child... the fuck are you on about... camm weighs in with yet more astute observation.

i said their design is purposefully simple and user-guiding. narrow, even. i only use my phone for text/phonecalls. i could care less - i have the same view about mobile phones that i did when i first posted in this thread, 2 years ago.

the anti-apple bandwagon is the funnier of the two, though. at least the apple fanboys have some tangible experience and first-hand knowledge of what they're talking about. the anti-apple kids normally just hate their stuff because it's unaffordable and untouchable. sad as fuck. they're just gadgets.
Okay, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but you can see where I'm coming from. There's not middle ground, there's not one that either loves them or hates them.

They're a bit of a Marmite product tbh
Microwave
_
+515|6661|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
FFS guys, different phones are good for different things/lifestyles. There's no wrong or right.

Par examplaeee: My phone would be no good for my Grandma, she'd hate it. My Grandma's basic Nokia 1000BC not an actual model wouldn't be sufficient for me...

Last edited by Microwave (2010-04-08 15:22:43)

FloppY_
­

Uzique wrote:

My phone was more expensive than the iPhone

I've tried the iPhone several times..

If I wanted a phone that did calls & texts well I'd buy a Clamshell design phone that costs 1/4 the price of the iphone...

But then again, the iPhone feels less retarded to americans because they are used to beeing forced into subscriptions like AT&T + iPhone whereas the cellphone market over here is far more free..
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
floppy's posts are so /facepalm i wonder if androoz has logged in on his account by some bizarre mistake

that picture is radically relevant, though. how can i ever reply to such a witty graphic? FUCK IF ONLY MY 3GS HAD REMOVABLE MEMORY CARDS LIKE ALL THOSE ANDROID PHONES DO!!!!!

and fumbling around on a touch-screen? you do realize most iphone/itouch users can text and type nearly as fast as they can operate a manual QWERTY-keyboard, right? it works, shut the fuck up and stop being so pathetic all your life.
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5878|00770
why, do i get the feeling that after i said i'd want an iphone, this thread has gone out of topic?
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
because inevitably after mentioning a gadget with such an influence and widespread brand-awareness (i.e. a SUCCESSFUL product, in all business terms), pundits and trend-setters feel the irresistible urge to weigh in and tell you just how a) stupid b) twattish c) uncool and d) fucking hipster white middle-class faggot bitch liberal gay lesbian zionist you are for even CONSIDERING one.
CammRobb
Banned

Eifa wrote:

why, do i get the feeling that after i said i'd want an iphone, this thread has gone out of topic?
Fanboys vs. Anti-fanboys. Same shit, different thread.
FloppY_
­

Uzique wrote:

floppy's posts are so /facepalm i wonder if androoz has logged in on his account by some bizarre mistake

that picture is radically relevant, though. how can i ever reply to such a witty graphic? FUCK IF ONLY MY 3GS HAD REMOVABLE MEMORY CARDS LIKE ALL THOSE ANDROID PHONES DO!!!!!

and fumbling around on a touch-screen? you do realize most iphone/itouch users can text and type nearly as fast as they can operate a manual QWERTY-keyboard, right? it works, shut the fuck up and stop being so pathetic all your life.
So now your calling me pathetic... Geez I can see now that you are completely right when you thought I was doing a personal attack

You will never EVER get as good a responce from touch keys as you do from buttons...

Picture was added for lulz, you are taking this far too serious... as soon as someone points out something negative about your precious iPhone you go all DonVito on their ass...

Anyway I'm off to bed now... school tomorrow etc...

CammRobb wrote:

Eifa wrote:

Fanboys vs. Anti-fanboys. Same shit, different thread.
idd

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-04-08 15:27:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard