Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
Ive completed Hl1 3x, BS, OF 1x each, HL2 4x, HL2 ep1 2x. That is how ownage they are.
Seriously get them. It just kicks ass. Its like 30 quid for the whole series.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

Heres the system you should play:

Half Life: You need to play it ALL. No cheats, no guides.

Blue Shift: Expands on the story
Op4: Its not by the same guys, but it again supports more storyline

Half Life 2: Well, yea. It owns.

Episode 1: Omg cliffhanger
Episode 2: Will pwn. Face.
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6329|USA Biznatch!

stryyker wrote:

Heres the system you should play:

Half Life: You need to play it ALL. No cheats, no guides.

Blue Shift: Expands on the story
Op4: Its not by the same guys, but it again supports more storyline

Half Life 2: Well, yea. It owns.

Episode 1: Omg cliffhanger
Episode 2: Will pwn. Face.
Ok what about Half-Life:Source?

EDIT: There's an Episode 2 for Half-life 2?

Last edited by sportsman11-2cool4u (2007-08-05 14:47:39)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
Halflife source is halflife with slightly better graphics, not worth it. Ep2 comes out soooon!!!!! WOOOT!
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6329|USA Biznatch!

Vilham wrote:

Halflife source is halflife with slightly better graphics, not worth it. Ep2 comes out soooon!!!!! WOOOT!
Alrighty screw Half-Life: Source!! Now Im getting addicted to it!!!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

That's nothing. When Stryyker gave me Half Life I spent the entire weekend playing through both Half-Life 2 and Episode 1. Pure completely-blown-away-smacked-in-the-face-ed-ness. Never has a game/storyline so captivated me.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
Also theres a bunch of awesome mods for HL2, insurgency for example.
Commie Killer
+192|6389

sportsman11-2cool4u wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Wait so Half-Life:Source is Half-Life on the Source engine? So the original game just remade?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Vilham wrote:

Of course, my version of HL2 came with it (HL:S)...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-08-05 20:55:02)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver

White-Fusion wrote:

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

I'm playing through it again, been doing it for the last few days, such a good game!
So em SonderKommando... this game half-life?... you ever heard of it? you come across as the type of guy who hates it...
Aren't you a comedian, lolz.  I'm very passionate about the HL series. Its like one of the staples of the modern PC FPS gaming culture, much in the same vein as Wolfenstien 3D or Doom was for the generation before us. I still remember being a bright eyed little 13 year old playing through HL1 on the family E machine. Good memories....
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

White-Fusion wrote:

I'm playing through it again, been doing it for the last few days, such a good game!
So em SonderKommando... this game half-life?... you ever heard of it? you come across as the type of guy who hates it...
Aren't you a comedian, lolz.  I'm very passionate about the HL series. Its like one of the staples of the modern PC FPS gaming culture, much in the same vein as Wolfenstien 3D or Doom was for the generation before us. I still remember being a bright eyed little 13 year old playing through HL1 on the family E machine. Good memories....
HOLY SHIT...

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!

HL is /win. HL2 is moreso. Especially the Citadel levels.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6533
For its time Half Life made a bigger splash then Half Life 2 did. I actually like Half Life 1 a bit better since in the 6 years I've had to play it before the release I felt in love with it. Half Life 2 is amazing as well but it didnt deliver as much as I had hoped. There was a lot of chopped content. A true fan of Half Life series will love Half Life 1 and then Half Life 2 will come in a close second spot.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

Commie Killer wrote:

sportsman11-2cool4u wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Wait so Half-Life:Source is Half-Life on the Source engine? So the original game just remade?
It has slightly better graphics and physics, not worth it. The Black Mesa mod is trying to re-create HL1 from the ground up with up-to-date graphics, physics, etc.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6177|sverige
whn i read HL1 i for some reason thinks HaLo 1
Stizz
+8|6251|New Jersey
Half life 1 is way better than half life 2 IMO.  You should really pick up both just for the mods, of which the HL1 mods are way better, ie Science and Industry!
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6235|Albion
Even if you buy the first you won't understand the plot.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
https://www.blackmesasource.com/media/MP5_ingame.jpg

This will be made of win.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

http://www.blackmesasource.com/media/MP5_ingame.jpg

If it ever gets released
Commie Killer
+192|6389

Hurricane wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

http://www.blackmesasource.com/media/MP5_ingame.jpg

If it ever gets released
I hope it does, now that is the shit. But is it gonna include everything? Like all the little perks? Or are some things gonna get left out?
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6370|Netherlands

Yea you should play Half Life, if only to have seen a bit of computer gaming history. Order you should play in is: Half Life -> Expansions -> HL2 -> EP1 -> EP2 -> Portal (for if you want background info on Aperture Science which will play part in EP3.)

Good Luck!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

TigerXtrm wrote:

Yea you should play Half Life, if only to have seen a bit of computer gaming history. Order you should play in is: Half Life -> Expansions -> HL2 -> EP1 -> EP2 -> Portal (for if you want background info on Aperture Science which will play part in EP3.)

Good Luck!
Read thread, look at dates. Apply common sense.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Jepeto87
+38|6687|Dublin
I think HL:2 is great but the original really set the bar and is the better of the two with an amazing storyline. You'd have to play Opposing Force the first expansion cause they'll bring back Shepard (The main character) one day!!
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst
HL1: good, for its time.

HL2: WTFpwning your mom...and pretty much any other game out there.  Epic story, nuff said.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6347|Twyford, UK
Buy it?

Don't bother, just download it off steam. The Source version's free with HL2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard