lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA
According to some, I have a phobia called Islamaphobia. I have a fear of Islam and all Muslims. I apparently need your help to cure me of this disorder. SO help me. But wait!! Why are you going to the Muslims and asking THEM what you can do to make them more accepted, more diverse in our community. Why are you going to THEM to alleviate their grief? I am the one with the disorder call Islamaphobia, why are you not asking ME what you can do to ease the discomfort of my disorder?

Should you not be taking me to some far off Muslim land to show me just how friendly and tolerant they are toward other religions? Should you not be quoting me Quran verses to show me how loving and tolerant Islam is to all people who do not believe what they believe? Should you not be comforting me by showing just how Islam treats their women, with love and protection? I know, maybe a picture of the prophet Muhammad to hang on my wall to constantly remind me of the love and peace and tolerance that comes along with being Muslim.

Anyway, I am the Islamopobe, do not comfort the Muslims, comfort me. The Muslims are not the one's with the problem. I AM!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Hi....and welcome back from Iraq.  Ask the person who accused you of it if they have ever been to a predominately muslim country on something other than vacation?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina
LOL...  great thread idea...
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6446|USA
Racist isn't the word here is it?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

Hi....and welcome back from Iraq.  Ask the person who accused you of it if they have ever been to a predominately muslim country on something other than vacation?
Actually, I am still in this shithole. It looks like for another 2 months. Still at Camp Taji, your old Camp Cooke ( the DFAC is named after him now)
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

elite.mafia wrote:

LOL, a new record, sorry serge, the race card has been played in only 3 posts....
jonsimon
+224|6487
Doesn't this thread constitute spam? There is another one by lowing discussing essentially the same topic.
cryptofcolumbus
+18|6207|Eugene, OR

elite.mafia wrote:

I think you're looking for bigot
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

lowing wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Actually, I am still in this shithole. It looks like for another 2 months. Still at Camp Taji, your old Camp Cooke ( the DFAC is named after him now)
Oh........well fuck em.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6522|The lunar module

lowing wrote:

Anyway, I am the Islamopobe, do not comfort the Muslims, comfort me. The Muslims are not the one's with the problem. I AM!
Hey, everybody needs a good enemy. It's all right, you're doing fine. You just need to realise that the Mooslem Threat is not nearly as imminent as the threat posed by the very American military industrial complex and their political cronies.

Once you re-channel your considerable oppositional talent to the service of a _real_ cause, you'll feel better & the world will be a better place. Promise!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

apollo_fi wrote:

lowing wrote:

Hey, everybody needs a good enemy. It's all right, you're doing fine. You just need to realise that the Mooslem Threat is not nearly as imminent as the threat posed by the very American military industrial complex and their political cronies.

Once you re-channel your considerable oppositional talent to the service of a _real_ cause, you'll feel better & the world will be a better place. Promise!
Muslim threat probably not. Islamic radicalism, probably so.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA
Hey, all of these posts already, all the name calling, and nobody will answer the orginal post? Why are you comforting the Muslims for MY Islamaphobia?

Stop tap dancing and answer the OP please.
jonsimon
+224|6487

lowing wrote:

A rose by any other name?
You should be putting that spin to work, go be a spoksperson for some evil corporation.

lowing wrote:

Hey, all of these posts already, all the name calling, and nobody will answer the orginal post? Why are you comforting the Muslims for MY Islamaphobia?

Because bigotry isn't a mental disorder, it's a mental inadequacy.

Last edited by jonsimon (2007-08-04 21:59:39)

HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6271

jonsimon wrote:

QFE
agent146
+127|6379|Jesus Land aka Canada
funny because i want to be islamic...why? to scare people like you.

i don't know how long will i stop spamming this video but i have to say this again, lowing: "yes i want to be like osama...conquer youtube and cable and be the boogie-man to scare you and your children"

seriously it has a catchy tune.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

jonsimon wrote:

It is amazing that you are perfect compared to everyone else.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

jonsimon wrote:

lowing wrote:

You should be putting that spin to work, go be a spoksperson for some evil corporation.

lowing wrote:

Hey, all of these posts already, all the name calling, and nobody will answer the original post? Why are you comforting the Muslims for MY Islamaphobia?

and still the OP question goes unanswered. I need to go back and re-read what I put down as far as a liberal invoking the race card when confronted with a difficult question.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

QFE
see above
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

agent146 wrote:

funny because i want to be islamic...why? to scare people like you.

i don't know how long will i stop spamming this video but i have to say this again, lowing: "yes i want to be like osama...conquer youtube and cable and be the boogie-man to scare you and your children"

seriously it has a catchy tune.
If you wanna be Islamic then tell me why you are the one to be appeased if I am the one who is afraid??
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6271
It amazes me that the same panicky pussies who think Sharia Law is just around the corner can't seem to find their voice (or their keyboards) when homegrown religious fanatics in the US actually manage to get laws passed that reflect their religious tenets. I guess it's better to be ruled by our own medieval-minded retrograde psychotics than some foreign medieval-minded retrograde psychotics.

You guys are worried about some fucking nutters on the other side of an ocean who can't even keep their own kids out of dance clubs or blue jeans without resorting to capital punishment. I'm worried about the ones here that are actually making policy and law without a single peep of outrage from the "I would rather die than live under an Islamic theocracy" crowd.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

It amazes me that the same panicky pussies who think Sharia Law is just around the corner can't seem to find their voice (or their keyboards) when homegrown religious fanatics in the US actually manage to get laws passed that reflect their religious tenets. I guess it's better to be ruled by our own medieval-minded retrograde psychotics than some foreign medieval-minded retrograde psychotics.

You guys are worried about some fucking nutters on the other side of an ocean who can't even keep their own kids out of dance clubs or blue jeans without resorting to capital punishment. I'm worried about the ones here that are actually making policy and law without a single peep of outrage from the "I would rather die than live under an Islamic theocracy" crowd.
sure start a thread with your concerns, in the mean time you are welcome to answer the OP question.

If I am the one who fears and does not understand Islam, why are you "listening" to them, striving to "understand" them, and working toward "alleviating their grief"?

I am the one who apparently needs the help not them.
Smithereener
+138|6308|California
Hmm, so the OP questions why we must cater to Muslims here than sending him to an predominantly Muslim nation and showing him that Islam isn't that cracked up as it is portrayed to get over his "Islamaphobia."

Here's my take on this (I hope this can somewhat answer the aforementioned question) -

It's hard to get accepted into a society that has completely different parameters, ethnic groups, and culture. I guess that the excessive political correctness today has left a bitter taste in many peoples' mouthes but for the most part, a little bit of political correctness isn't that bad. I quote a very overused, but not very applied quote here: "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." -Gandhi.

We know that for the most part, the ME is Muslim and somewhat belligerent. Many nations are either ruled by theocracies or heavily, heavily influenced by Islam. I also doubt that the US is seen as a good nation in many peoples' eyes there. However, I would assume that the feelings of most Muslims in Western nations are far different from the ones under the control of the aforementioned governments. The problem IMO is that people see them one and the same for being of the same religion/ethnicity. One can be of a certain ethnic group but still have a differing point of view and standards from the standard customs. Perhaps this is the Islamaphobia that people are talking about.

At any rate, the reason I quote Gandhi is because I believe that we should be the one to take the initiative and welcome and accept people with open arms. Too many times have we seen arguments that consist of - "We shouldn't do this, because they aren't doing it."/"We should be allowed to do this, because they are doing it." What does this do? Absolutely nothing. If we take the initiative, we may potentially deny extremists from spreading their influence to the moderate/good/etc. in our country. We all know that revolution/dissent occurs if a group feels oppressed. If Muslims here feel oppressed, we should be the first to accept them. If, vice versa, other nations do not accept other groups except Islam, while we here do, it only makes them viewed worse to the world and makes us the "bigger man."

Well, I've no idea if this made any sense or whether it actually pertained to the topic (I guess you can say I kind of rambled), but it's just my viewpoint as to why we should try to be more accepting of Muslims instead of questioning them for their association with the more radical/extremist types.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6540|San Diego, CA, USA
The islamification of Europe will happen first.  However if we have more signs of things like in Denmark then perhaps the Europeans might have some balls to stop it.

I also believe as long as Muslim women are repressed (basically baby making factories w/no education), they this has a huge chance of occurring.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

lowing wrote:

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

sure start a thread with your concerns, in the mean time you are welcome to answer the OP question.

If I am the one who fears and does not understand Islam, why are you "listening" to them, striving to "understand" them, and working toward "alleviating their grief"?

I am the one who apparently needs the help not them.
Well shit, why don't they ask us what we want?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85

jonsimon wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

No, they aren't the same. One is the eventual religious clash that is practically assured for all religions, the other is from fanatic brainwashed religious fundamentalists that are probably the best equipped to fight a religious war than any other radical religion. (Unless you count India/Pakistan, that's not really religious)

I like your attitude to people who perceive threats other than your own. Political and corporate corruption are of course major problems, but failing to recognize other people's priorities (especially when your life may depend on it) is pretty selfish.

Wikipedia wrote:

A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own.
To the OP, I don't think any religious texts vary much in what they say about violence and peace. In general be kind to people of your own religion, wage wars on the infidels. <insert reference to older holy wars, Crusades, etc.> This doesn't mean Islam is so very different from other religions, it's just in a very rough awkward phase at the moment. Not to say it is right in any way, but blame the people not the religion. Guns don't kill people, religion doesn't kill people, people kill people.

first to answer OP, woo woo! Not liberal, you guys still up to bat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard