Phrozenbot
+632|6626|do not disturb

I have to say, it wasn't half bad. The server was in Germany or something so I was lagging (I'm from Montana... google it) but I enjoyed it. You have to sprint for a bit, but there is plenty of rocks and other natural cover to help a squad move from point to point. A lot of the flags are surronded by structures or natural obstacles so a squad leader can safely find a good spot to let his/her squad spawn on.

My only wish was that there might have been more players. It would have been more interesting. When it started to die down a little, it turned into a sniper fest. I could swear that one person was hacking and I just left, I'm not staying for that shit.

So yea, just for kicks and giggles, if you see OP smoke screen playing IO with people playing, join in. I'll see if I can get the IP so if I see it playing, I'll just post back here and hope someone sees and joins.
TheGiantSE
+14|6481|Sweden
Sounds like fun.
Would be interesting to know where you played.

I found a server, think it was called [BS] or something. It ran Great Wall 16player IO and that was a lot of fun when there were people in the server.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6422|Belgium
Interesting   The only EF map I've played in IO was Great Wall but people tend to abuse the claymores too much on the walls for my liking.

How about 8v8 IO on 64 player Taraba :p
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51
Lets play IO on Highway Tampa! Walking FTW
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6576|England

Damn 'Bot! OSS 16player is a strange enough map as it is (Havok for MEC, AA for the EU ). I can see it being fun on IO fighting around the Oil Cisterns amongst the black smoke and maybe the South Village but surely its gona be like Zatar on IO: sniperfest
With more people it might be ok, but I can see it being like Jalalabad with lots of people: sniperfest outside the front MEC flag.

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Interesting   The only EF map I've played in IO was Great Wall but people tend to abuse the claymores too much on the walls for my liking.
Great Wall 16p doesnt need to be IO...its fine as it is. Seriously, PGZ-95 AA's are so weak they are not worth having. Used to play it on a US server that ran it - maxed out with 64players. Just WOW.
In fact, I prefer the 16p to the 32 - even if I cant AT-Mine whore

Last edited by Snake (2007-08-05 05:30:24)

Enzzenmachine
+20|6356

TheGiantSE wrote:

I found a server, think it was called [BS] or something. It ran Great Wall 16player IO and that was a lot of fun when there were people in the server.
played it cause Phrozen and I found it but Phrozen got kicked cause of ping. I just finished the round as PLA and we won.

I love both GW 16 or 32 but what I like the most is Famas whoring on the wall anyway. I curiously like better GW with vehicles than IO no matter how I decided to play, ie famas whoring, AT whoring, etc.
Phrozenbot
+632|6626|do not disturb

I came back to that server Enzo, and I kept getting kicked. My ping was at 170-180 but they said the ping limit was 200.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6797|Bulgaria
well, once I joined one such server. It was BORING and I left 5 minutes later.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6356

Nikola Bathory wrote:

well, once I joined one such server. It was BORING and I left 5 minutes later.
you couldn't switch to EU or couldn't baserape ?  
although I admit after playing some rounds in such server, I'm getting bored of it.

Phrozen : That's indeed weird. We need to find another GW IO server
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

RDMC wrote:

I've asked for our EU server to run that and see what its like, 16 player map though.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6576|England

M.O.A.B wrote:

RDMC wrote:

I've asked for our EU server to run that and see what its like, 16 player map though.
Please. God. No.
kptk92
u
+972|6418|tc_london

Snake wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Please. God. No.
Go ooooooon ... I triple dare ya!
Enzzenmachine
+20|6356
only played highway tampa BETA for like 6hrs (didn't get recorded though cause of stats outage) and in IO, that'd be... boring if you ask me. Like if you played kubra dam in IO.

IO is only good for map like karkand or sharqi or maybe great wall 16 players. I don't see myself playing taraba in IO for example....
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6422|Belgium

Enzzenmachine wrote:

only played highway tampa BETA for like 6hrs (didn't get recorded though cause of stats outage) and in IO, that'd be... boring if you ask me. Like if you played kubra dam in IO.

IO is only good for map like karkand or sharqi or maybe great wall 16 players. I don't see myself playing taraba in IO for example....
16 player Kubra Dam is a fun and challenging infantry only map. It's basically just the dam itself. Btw, would 16 player Taraba be doable? I've never played the 16 player version of the map.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6356

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Btw, would 16 player Taraba be doable? I've never played the 16 player version of the map.
I've maybe played Taraba 16 players size twice. Very rare cause if I remember there are no planes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard