spuddy1981
+10|6375|england
It would be nice to see how it would change game play.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6234|Finland

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Nothing.  I prefer to know what I'm getting when I enter a server (rather than a hodge-podge of different permutations of things).  E.g. when you play on a server with TKs for claymores & mines (something I actually prefer, but you rarely see it unless the server is IO), you're so pre-conditioned to ignoring friendly munitions that you will often ignore them and die.  Now add that to loads of different parts of the game and it gets to be a pain in the arse.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6698|Espoo, Finland
Too bad none of those options will ever become available because people would complain about it being "stats padding"...

farmerfez wrote:

whine whine whine, you kill the game when you whine
Did you even read the title of this thread?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6166|what

Random spawn positions.

Its so stupid spawning and being shot less than a second after. It's because everyone knows exactly where your going to pop up and they camp it. There should have been more spawn points per flag.

But having said that it might be a good thing. You don't want your team mates taking a flag, only to have someone spawning only throw afew grenades at the flag and kill everyone.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
spuddy1981
+10|6375|england
Should spawn aimed at the closest enemy.  That would cut down on camping.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6563|CH/BR - in UK

I think turning commanders off entirely would be something, not just the UAV - otherwise the commander is pretty much useless.
Oh, and turning the snipers off wouldn't be bad: no claymores and teamwork.

-konfusion
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6799|Bulgaria
Hax on/off
Bunnyhoppers on/off
adam1503
+85|6401|Manchester, UK

RoosterCantrell wrote:

I also wish there was a button you could hold down on your keyboard that turns on/off the ability for yourself to be revived when you die.
it would end noob medics whoring 8 revive points, while making someone earn 8 kill points while you sit there helpless lying dead in front of a tank.
Actually, so long as you dont call for a medic (left click), they cant revive you.  Most people forget this as they instinctively left-click when they die, Ive caught myself doing this loads of times when I dont want to be revived.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6425|Belgium

adam1503 wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

I also wish there was a button you could hold down on your keyboard that turns on/off the ability for yourself to be revived when you die.
it would end noob medics whoring 8 revive points, while making someone earn 8 kill points while you sit there helpless lying dead in front of a tank.
Actually, so long as you dont call for a medic (left click), they cant revive you.  Most people forget this as they instinctively left-click when they die, Ive caught myself doing this loads of times when I dont want to be revived.
Really? Can someone confirm this, because I seriously doubt it.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6299|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

adam1503 wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Really? Can someone confirm this, because I seriously doubt it.
It's true, but you mostly get killed while shooting (mouse1) this makes it call for a medic as soon as you die.... other than this you could just use "suicide" which will make you impossible to revive
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6012|Aberdeen, Scotland
I don't believe that either...and 've done a hell of a lot of reviving. If you are critically wounded you can be revived, if killed, then no.

The Quake Wars system for this is a good idea...you can choose whether to respawn or be revived.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6675|Groningen, The Netherlands

spuddy1981 wrote:

I think there should be:

Grenades
snipers
uav
Grenades and claymores.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6234|Finland
There is Infantry only option, but no Only Vehicle servers option.
That sould really be there and not just "No cars OR no cars & cars servers"
ScoutStrike
+37|6267

gene_pool wrote:

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

I can't bear CSS solely because of the amount of fucking terrible sounds nearly every single server operator requires you to download.  Worse still is the fact that you nearly always end up downloading the same shit with different names so, no matter how many servers you play on, you still have to keep downloading stuff you've already got.  It's always great fun spending a minute downloading irrelevant shit before you can actually join the game.
there is a mod you can get that replaces all sounds you download with a different sound recording of silence. So when the sound plays it plays silence  and you can't/don't notice it at all.
There's actually an easier way, add:

cl_downloadfilter nosounds

to your config.
InjectionNZ
+1|6302|New Zealand

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

So if it's only vehicles, how do we get into the vehicles?
dont_be_ss
+312|6607|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

spuddy1981 wrote:

I think there should be:

snipers
Claymores you mean?
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6476|A W S M F O X
Failure.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6578|Area 51
Again..commander voice OFF oh and maybe grenades off, or atleast just make it 2 instead of 4. Ridiculous tbh, 4 nades.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6598|Seattle

gene_pool wrote:

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Nothing.  I prefer to know what I'm getting when I enter a server (rather than a hodge-podge of different permutations of things).  E.g. when you play on a server with TKs for claymores & mines (something I actually prefer, but you rarely see it unless the server is IO), you're so pre-conditioned to ignoring friendly munitions that you will often ignore them and die.  Now add that to loads of different parts of the game and it gets to be a pain in the arse.
EXACTLY.

I hate going into a CSS server and theres a retard kiddy admin who decides to put everyones health on 1 and give everyone nades. Thats great fun
nah, they just need to have all the 0 and 1 options we'd like then additionally have "all," "none," and "either" server browser filters for each. not that BF2 will ever see another patch, but it's nice to have dreams.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6008

adam1503 wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

You can still be revived if you don't call for a medic, it's just your bar won't show as empty on your name and there won't be an icon on the minimap.

To stop yourself being revived, hit enter and unclick the spawn point, that stops you being revived afaik.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6798|Anaheim, CA

Claymores.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6664|The Netherlands
spamming of commander XD, it can be very usefull, but VERY iritating as wel
Simon
basically
+838|6671|UK

pyscofrawg wrote:

Why don't they just turn everything off and give everybody pillows as their main weapon. That should get everybody to quit whining about what is fair.
You fucking pillow whore, get some skill!
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6012|Aberdeen, Scotland

Hakei wrote:

You can still be revived if you don't call for a medic, it's just your bar won't show as empty on your name and there won't be an icon on the minimap.

To stop yourself being revived, hit enter and unclick the spawn point, that stops you being revived afaik.
Incorrect, people are sometimes missing that icon if you (the medic) spawn after they are wounded...but you can still revive them.

Apparently going into spawn menu like you say used to stop the reviving, but dfinitely doesn't work now.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6234|Finland

InjectionNZ wrote:

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

So if it's only vehicles, how do we get into the vehicles?
I mean there is option "infantry/vehicles and infantry servers" which should be Inf only or Vehicles only
Vehicles only that it will only show up servers which has vehicles on, and will filter inf only server away from list...

So now we have filter which allows us to filter server, so we can only see servers which are on IO, But there is no option to filter IO servers out!

----

MrAnderson wrote:

Incorrect, people are sometimes missing that icon if you (the medic) spawn after they are wounded...but you can still revive them.
Yeah i get that almost too much, but im still medding everyone I dont need hud, hud needs me!

Last edited by [Fin]Dami3n (2008-01-11 12:59:10)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard