luckeydogg
+35|6541|C:/system32/pimp.exe
Why the f*ck do people get so pissed off @ this?  I mean it's actually funny, a 'lil...  I know it screws the other guy out of gaining possible points.  But when he drops a car on you, he gets nothing for it rither.  So why do people complain.  I have yet to complain about it and it has happened to me several times when I am sniping in a spot where I cant get shot...

Last edited by luckeydogg (2007-08-03 07:30:28)

NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6353|Atlanta, Georgia
no clue my friend. It is pretty funny tho.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6531|Adelaide, South Australia

People complain about it when they die. Its the whole "I hate everything that kills me" trip.

Plus, it was exploited by commanders by dropping the cars on planes and choppers before they could take off. (Thats why you can't drop them on vehicles properly anymore)
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6308|Bloomington Indiana
i think its fair game if you stay in the same spot long enough to have a car land on you.

ive been moving before and had a commander apparently lead me with a falling car....somehow he judged how fast i was moving and where id be when it landed...and got me...i did all i could do...i typed  "well played* to him and carried on.
NaytdawgUK
+7|6210|essex, UK
commander to commander i think is fine but a commander to do it to a sniper or just some medic whore, funny first time time, after that, go away
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6763|Chicago.

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

People complain about it when they die. Its the whole "I hate everything that kills me" trip.
People say that they're mad at the waste of commander assets, but what Fenris said is completley true. I'd even venture to say that 100% of the time it's true. Hell, thats why it pissed me off!
lostfx
+16|6587|Georgia
if a person sits in the same spot after 2 scans i car drop them....or if its their commander not under some kind of cover. i also car drop people swimming to arty island on wake when im on usmc.
too_money2007
+145|6320|Keller, Tx
More than that, I've been supptilleried twice in one round. Sad thing, I was in a helo strafing targets. It's either some insane odds that I ran into supply boxes twice in one round, or that commander had some sick skill... or was lucky. I generally don't strafe in one circle for too long, or even at the same speed/distance.
spuddy1981
+10|6374|england
I love carrt. I dont see why people have a problem with it, iv been hit by friendly cart as much as enemy cart.

Should be a badge for it!
Ryan
+1,230|6855|Alberta, Canada

I laugh every time it happens to me. Especially when I'm lining up a nice headshot
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6491|Sheffield-England
Once got kicked from a server because of Cartillary

It was accidental

I dropped a car on the road, another car full of USMC happened to drive under it
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6314
Did I piss you off? I am sorry.
Agradhan
+26|6291|Sweden
I think that you should be able to do anything to help your team win! (except glitching, cheating blah, blah, blah) A good thing to do as a commander is to place artillery at a location near the enemy, then, just before the arty strikes, drop a car and a supply crate to lure the enemy soldiers into the arty! Really funny to watch a whole squad of people run right into the fire!
xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6163|Some Pub in Valletta
It's fun
My first priority after leading and guiding my team is to get their commander with a car
Sometimes it's funny when he just doesn't realize what happened and goes to the same place. Or he tries to spawn somewhere else, without taking any cover... (Get him every time )
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6165|what

I'll only ever do it to friendlies if its a sniper who's lying nowhere near the action at all. Like the other side of the map from any enemy, or even friendly spawn points.

I see them as either hacking for long range sniper kills, or just being a coward. If that's the case they should be fair game.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Seaneroo
+12|6670
Besides the fact that it is a hack and is annoying, there is the very practical problem that it creates an incredible amount of lag.
Agradhan
+26|6291|Sweden

Seaneroo wrote:

Besides the fact that it is a hack and is annoying, there is the very practical problem that it creates an incredible amount of lag.
Its not a hack to drop 1 car...
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6556|Sverige (SWE)

Schwarzelungen wrote:

i think its fair game if you stay in the same spot long enough to have a car land on you.

ive been moving before and had a commander apparently lead me with a falling car....somehow he judged how fast i was moving and where id be when it landed...and got me...i did all i could do...i typed  "well played* to him and carried on.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6364|uk

I always do it on the other commander
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6634|Little Bentcock
Meh it's not so bad

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2007-08-06 02:46:57)

']['error
Banned
+630|6656|The Netherlands
cartillery was really fun in pre-patch
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6701|London, UK
I loooove doing this the 2nd best thing about being commander
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6523|Gold Coast
I like cartillerying. I got a full MEC chopper on Mashtuur yesterday or the day before, and some guy saw it and said "LOL COMMANDER". I also lol'd. T'was funny, because they were going so slow, and they were asking for it, plus my dudes were capping their flag anyway.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
I_WISH_I_WAS_HENRY
+6|6136|Pennsylvania, USA
Cartilery is one of the few things that keep me entertained while commanding. ITS JUST SO BORING!!!
shoopysean
+11|6147
Agradhan, I reckon you're thinking of the commander hack where dozens of cars land. This is where someone has a single vehicle land on them. I have never had it happen to me nor have I (knowingly) done it to someone else but I reckon its pretty funny and can't wait for my "first time" .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard