Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6772|Singapore
Ok its this, i have never sent any cash out before and my friend needs help. Shes ordering stuff from overseas and has no paypal account because she has no debit card whatsoever so she asked me to help her out. The seller told her he has a bank transfer account, no idea what that is. Is it possible to transfer from paypal to a particular bank in that country? Or i must need the seller's paypal info to work?
NaytdawgUK
+7|6236|essex, UK

Ayumiz wrote:

Ok its this, i have never sent any cash out before and my friend needs help. Shes ordering stuff from overseas and has no paypal account because she has no debit card whatsoever so she asked me to help her out. The seller told her he has a bank transfer account, no idea what that is. Is it possible to transfer from paypal to a particular bank in that country? Or i must need the seller's paypal info to work?
Yes through paypal you can send cash to a bank account and sort code, although most times its paypal to paypal account, safer IMO

paypal will havea large FAQ section to put any fears at rest

as for the sig, christina model, i love her
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6687|Washington DC

Ayumiz wrote:

Something about this sounds like a fraud to me.  If the guy has a PayPal acccount, then send it to his PayPal account rather than through some sort of convoluted mechanism ... also, you can open a PayPal account without a debit card (you do need a funding source such as a bank account, however, to fund your PayPal account).

Oh, and guys, please stay on topic ... I realize the distraction might seem overwhelming.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6669|Washington, DC

OrangeHound wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

Something about this sounds like a fraud to me.  If the guy has a PayPal acccount, then send it to his PayPal account rather than through some sort of convoluted mechanism ... also, you can open a PayPal account without a debit card (you do need a funding source such as a bank account, however, to fund your PayPal account).
What O Hizzound said... I think what your friend could also do is go to a CVS or similar store and buy a prepaid debit card. You scan it at the store, give the cashier the cash for it, and you have a card with say $20. You can put up to a certain amount on it, and it works just like a debit card.

edit: OHound please forgive me if this goes against everything you just said... but... Guys, look up "Christina model" on Google if you want more... ok I'm done no more discussion of the sig

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-08-02 07:28:10)

Dersmikner
+147|6536|Texas
NEVER use your PayPal account to send money anywhere but to the other person's PayPal account. Send it through PayPal to get the buyer protection.

Overseas as well? That's a scam waiting to happen buddy.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6772|Singapore

Dersmikner wrote:

NEVER use your PayPal account to send money anywhere but to the other person's PayPal account. Send it through PayPal to get the buyer protection.

Overseas as well? That's a scam waiting to happen buddy.
Well thanks guys for the replies. I havent used Paypal before so i wouldnt know. But i guess my friend is ordering from a trusted seller, i have yet to ask her who it is so i could do some research myself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard