Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

xgloryx wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

We, as a species, will only be free of racism, when nobody anywhere thinks twice about this Intel ad, or the white PSP one.

They are not, in and of themselves, racist.
LOL.  We, as a species, cannot be free of racism as long as differences exist between races.
Just the idea that there are different 'races' can be seen as racist. We are not different races, we are all one race - the human race.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
Could you tell me what race the people are on the ad? I'm colorblind.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

xgloryx wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

We, as a species, will only be free of racism, when nobody anywhere thinks twice about this Intel ad, or the white PSP one.

LOL.  We, as a species, cannot be free of racism as long as differences exist between races.  As for you BS about "you only see racism if you are a racist" let me spin that another way for you: a true racist will NOT see racism in this ad because to him there is nothing wrong with black folk bowing down to a white man.  See what I did there?  Generated some bullshit, just like you.

Interpretation is not predication.
But, racism is all about interpretation. If you see black men 'bowing down' to the white man, you are a racist. If you see powerful athletes, in the blocks, and a geek, you are not.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

They're human.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

They're human.
Damnit, stop messing up my Colbert impersonation.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6599|S.C.
I think this guy goes over the top:
http://www.africanpath.com/p_blogEntry. … tryID=1824

SuperSensitivity and if I went past this page in a magazine I would not notice.
I'm waiting for the naacp to turn up. Should be some laughs.
xgloryx
+3|6222

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

xgloryx wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

LOL.  We, as a species, cannot be free of racism as long as differences exist between races.
Just the idea that there are different 'races' can be seen as racist. We are not different races, we are all one race - the human race.
Debatable semantics.  I consider race synonymous to ethnicity, and as we both have said -- humans are a species.  But your point is nonetheless valid and affirms my own; you can play up anything you want as racist.  I'm more concerned with the fact that you seem to feel that an interpretation equates to belief.

As for "bowing down" vs "athletes" there is no right or wrong answer and any person can see both without having any real opinion of either.  By your logic, if you see athletes I can draw the conclusion that you have something against people who are not athletic.
agent146
+127|6387|Jesus Land aka Canada
loL FUNNY
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6370|Calgary, Canada

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

xgloryx wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

mm good point.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

Scardaddy wrote:

Wow I don't really know what to say here.  It's all about associations, and what you associate to mean what.  I see it and I think it is raciest, and I think that the raciest content is almost unavoidable.  I guess I can't call you a raciest for not seeing it, just ignorant.  Then again advertisement is also about the audience you a advertising to.  For most major countries, (that's who I imagine this ad is for) it is insinuating that black people are the employs and white people are the employers.  How come all the employs are black?  How come they are all runners.  What is performance only encompassed by a black runner?  How come there aren't any white runners, or would that be raciest?

Does anybody see what I mean?

It is virtually impossible to have to different classes of people (by that I mean one holding a position higher then another), and attempt to advertise that without coming across as a raciest, unless you diversify the people involved.  I cant believe advertisement agencies haven't picked up on this yet.  Well I guess they get paid anyway and in the long run it is better for them to produce an ad that gets rejected then they get paid to make another one.  Pretty weak if you ask me and am thoroughly unimpressed with Intel.  Kinda on topic thought did anyone see the Dutch ad that Sony did for white PSP.  It was a white chick beating up a black chick, in an attempt to show that white PSP was better.  I mean wow have we learnt nothing over the last 25-30 years or are Nazi's taking over advertisement agencies?

For KEN-JENNINGS:
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Martin Luther King, Jr
This is a very very very wise quote and I don't think even the most humble of men could attest to being completely just in all causes and on all fronts.  However, I hope that every man tries to achieve justice in some way shape or form.

Though I would agree with you scorpion, there is multiple opportunities for the advertisers to allow diversities and destroy stereo types, however they do not and that makes your argument void in my opinion.
You don't know what to say, and yet you type 25 lines...?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard