mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Like everyone else already said, do it during your respawn time!

I do the same, but I don't switch all of them to unlocks, just a few. I switch them all to my preferred weapon, and I don't prefer many unlocks.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270

mtb0minime wrote:

Like everyone else already said, do it during your respawn time!

I do the same, but I don't switch all of them to unlocks, just a few. I switch them all to my preferred weapon, and I don't prefer many unlocks.
Basically the same with me. At the start of the round i usually have one or two kits in mind, and i usually change to an unlock if i'm USMC, or leave it as it is if i'm MEC/PLA.

To the thread author, no there isn't a way. However, as people have said, wouldn't it be easier to just change the gun on the first kit you're going to use, and change others when you die? Yes, you get revived sometimes, but you only need about 2-5 seconds to change the gun so its not really a problem.
agent146
+127|6387|Jesus Land aka Canada
so you seriously ....during the start of the game....you change for EVERY single kit to your prefered gun/rifle?

i don't know about you but i usually stick to one or two kits in a game; i sometimes pick a drop kit in the certain situation.

but man...when i want to change my weapon i don't make a big fuse about it and change EVERy single kit. you do it on the current kit your using when your dead.
but hey i think your way is so much better. PLZ do spend the 30 secs to change EVERY single kit. becuase i am going to use that 30 secs to get me a good flank on your ass and maybe set a few claymores here and there ....ya i am a jerk.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6222|Finland

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

Everyone abusing this guy for using unlocks are a bunch of filthy hypocrites - you guys are worse then the people you hate so much for using "unlocks." This game has been out for over 2 years - unlocks were always a huge reward and part of the game. Some of them are worse and some of them are better. This forum was built around people wanting to know more about what unlocks to choose, how to get ranks etc. The user base was drawn here for this, and now that everyone has all the unlocks and has so much time in the game, it has become time to abuse the very thing we all enjoyed? Give it a fucking rest!

When you guys play in a competitive server, if you are getting rolled by g36e "noobs" you know you whip out the nades, or the RPK or the g36e yourself. I get tired of listening to you babies - unlocks are a normal and reasonable part of the game, if you don't like it, go play fucking neopets.

As to the OP, I do the same thing when I join a game if the round start timer is long enough I will quickly set Scar-L, L69A1, G3, Pump, -> G36E <- OH NO!!! / AK-47, RPK / PKM, and SMG / DAO12. Then while I'm playing, especially maps like Wake where my kit demands change according to what flags and equipment is in action I don't have to fiddle with it later. If I'm playing a map like Sharqi, I only need two kits, support and medic, so I just swap the weapons on the fly. It would be nice to have a way to set these by default, but I don't see them in configuration files anywhere so you'd have to have some kind of macro each game you joined to set it for you.
Samtheman53.0000012
Banned
+15|6120
if u have to use unlocks i cant see how it can take more than 10 seconds, and most servers have a delay b4 the round starts anyway.

plus i doubt ull use all 7 kits in 1 round, just select the unlock for the kit u r going to play or better yet dont use them.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6630|Mexifornia, USA
Is it honestly that difficult that you can't  click a few times to have your unlocks? Quit being so goddamn lazy.

And don't use unlocks.
Unreal_Gunner
Banned
+11|6131
lolcake
AncientPC
+1|6167
Thanks for all the replies.  If you don't like unlocks then suit yourself, I enjoy using mine.  That's like ragging on someone because they like J10/chopper/tank whoring.  "If you're a real man you'd use a knife!"

If I can save 30 seconds every time I connect to a server by modifying config files once instead of redoing everything why not?  What harm is there in asking?  I also hate it when I forget to change unlocks and end up using a weapon instead of the one I wanted.

I change kits very often during a round depending on my team / situation and pick up random kits a lot as well.  If I kill a sniper, I'll grab his kit, throw down 2 claymores, and switch back.  Or I'll grab an assault kit so I can use the grappling hook.  Or for CQC I'll grab a support kit lying around.  Or there are no more enemy vehicles left so I'll drop the AT kit since it's primary weapon sucks for range and the class can't run worth crap.  I'm not very hung up

My time ratio divided among classes is: 4/2/2/2/1/1/1 Medic/AT/Engineer/Spec Ops/Assault/Support/Sniper.
SyDuS
+10|6556|vancouver BC

AncientPC wrote:

Or there are no more enemy vehicles left so I'll drop the AT kit since it's primary weapon sucks for range and the class can't run worth crap.
ever picked off a sniper at 220 yards with the AT rocket? the most accurate weapon in the game, you can shoot 20 meters to the left of somone but as long as you put your dot on them shortly you will get a wicked curve ball right in their face, works well for people running sideways.
AncientPC
+1|6167
I rocket snipe all the time, I'm referring to the SMG.
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6278|Mo Val, Cali
You should only be switching it when you're about to use it. So you die, you ahve 15 seconds to pick your gun, change it to unlock if wanted and pick a spawn point. that's plenty of time. You'll never know if you're going to use all of the guns in that single round anyways.
Ey3
+5|6151
Yawn
Panther0071
+5|6222
damn it only take me 2 to 4 click on the kit i will use, and when i die if i want a new kit ill pick a new gun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard