staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6705|Houston, TX
My PC does so odd studder no matter what I am doing. Games, music, photoshop, ect. It doesn't happen to often but, is very annoying. It also tends to happen at the worst time during BF2. It is very quick, similar to a cd skipping. It will loop whatever sound is playing about 4 times. The screen locks while this happens as well. Like I said it's quick. Maybe half a second but, it does get me killed quite a bit.

Does anyone know how to fix it.

2800 AMD 64
Nvidia 6800 (Leadtek)
Win2K
1.25 gig ram
MSI motherboard
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
maybe it could be the monitor?  maybe
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6700|Rochester, NY
Or just stupid Windows 2K?
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6816|Australia
Sounds like system lag.. howmuch spyware/addware u got? get an addware remover jiggy heaps around someone could proberly point you to a good one.. or could be someother program running thats doing it!
LouisTheLizard
+0|6678
Could be a sound card problem.  Try to download new drivers for it.
uk.solidsnake
+3|6678|England, UK
Your system is most likely packed with bloatware and spyware. A good format would sort it all out, and while you're at it you can switch from Win2k to XP.

Problem solved.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6816|Australia

Maj.Do wrote:

maybe it could be the monitor?  maybe
lol could be that nuclear waist in ur back yard too...
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6705|Houston, TX
Fortunatly it isn't spyware. I scan and clean every other day. I use spybot and adaware. It could very well be the monitor. It's OLLLD. Like Compaq old. LOL!!. Oh well. I can live with it for now. I probably should get a new monitor and sound card anyways. Also, yes, I should switch to XP but, I'm broke right now. I built this PC when I had my IT job. So I really didn't pay for it. The company got sold before I could weasel all the parts I needed so my PC was incomplete. Hence the crappy monitor and Win2K. Thx for the help.

P.S. Nuclear waste in my backyard??? That would explain the 200 lb. chipmunks running a muck and tormenting my dog. I at first thought it was an alien but, it seemed to always be preoccupied with my nuts. No not those nuts...the ones from the trees.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard