Mitch
16 more years
+877|6544|South Florida
/Agree

Its about time people see how much the US has done. We may have screwed some things up but its much better then sitting like a neutral duck. (Glares at Canada, France, Mexico...)
15 more years! 15 more years!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6548|Global Command

Mitch wrote:

/Agree

Its about time people see how much the US has done. We may have screwed some things up but its much better then sitting like a neutral duck. (Glares at Canada, France, Mexico...)
Ok.
I'll go along with this.
( Glares too )
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England
Well, he's right I suppose. Although they're still arming Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Israel is so is still probably the #1 reason there's so much terrorism in the first place.

And no, not the whole world. Idiot. The middle east isn't the world. I mean, blatant ball licking like this just pisses me off.

WE DIDN'T VOTE FOR THIS PRICK. What the fuck is he doing here. How the fuck can you say that, yet let someone else claim that we're "no longer joined at the hip"

This is stupid, I'm all for the war on terrorism. But for gods sake i'm sick of the America ball licking. They must be loving it and laughing at us, this country feels like a peice of shit.

If I was American, i'd like this guy too.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-07-29 13:09:34)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6703|United States of America
Meh, I'm not one to care for recieving praise or smoke-blowing up ones ass. It's all well and good if he thinks that, but it seems uneccesary to say it since more than a few others would disagree.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6424|North Carolina
Gordon Brown is way better than Tony Blair.  I believed that long before this little thing.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6690|UK
I don't get it.

"The world owes a debt to the United States for its leadership in the fight against international terrorism"

.....but all its done is increase global terrorism?!  Is he just another poodle?

Labour will not get a vote out of me again.

Last edited by m3thod (2007-07-29 15:08:24)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
l41e
+677|6667

So you voted out an American puppet in favor of another American puppet.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6690|UK

k30dxedle wrote:

Gordon Brown wasn't voted in.  Tony Blair wasnt voted out.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6424|North Carolina

k30dxedle wrote:

I wouldn't say Brown is a puppet.  He's much more strong-willed than Blair.  He may have some American interests, but I have a feeling that he will run foreign policy much more prudently than Blair did.

Still, I'd suggest to the Brits that they elect a Liberal Democrat majority.  I don't think that's going to happen though.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6270|England

k30dxedle wrote:

No he took over when Blair left office, there was no general election, he was voted into power by his own political party members, yes i know it sucks balls and alot of the people in the UK a rightly fucked off that we now have a leader we didn't even vote for or want in power, the guy has as much charm as wet fish and he looks like one as well.

As for owing the US government anything he can fuck off, all i can say is i hope that lying hypocrite Tony Blair can sleep at night knowing he sent British service men to there deaths in the hunt for WM D's that never existed in the first place, was it just an excuse to grab oil? We'll never know

Now if Blair n that twat Bush had said look world Saddam is a really naughty boy and were gonna finish what Bush Snr started then alot more of the world would have supported them but by blatant lying "he has wmd's" "he supports Al queda" bullshit, did they not think we would see through there lies and expose them, all i can say is they are liars and they run countries. GOOD LUCK WORLD.

Brown & Bush i hope you both fall down the stairs and break your necks you arseholes.

Last edited by smuder201 (2007-07-29 15:25:10)

Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
l41e
+677|6667

smuder201 wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

No he took over when Blair left office, there was no general election, he was voted into power by his own political party members, yes i know it sucks balls and alot of the people in the UK a rightly fucked off that we now have a leader we didn't even vote for or want in power, the guy has as much charm as wet fish and he looks like one as well.

As for owing the US government anything he can fuck off, all i can say is i hope that lying hypocrite Tony Blair can sleep at night knowing he sent British service men to there deaths in the hunt for WM D's that never existed in the first place, was it just an excuse to grab oil? We'll never know

Now if Blair n that twat Bush had said look world Saddam is a really naughty boy and were gonna finish what Bush Snr started then alot more of the world would have supported them but by blatant lying "he has wmd's" "he supports Al queda" bullshit, did they not think we would see through there lies and expose them, all i can say is they are liars and they run countries. GOOD LUCK WORLD.

Brown & Bush i hope you both fall down the stairs and break your necks you arseholes.
So it's even worse than I thought. Hi-five.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580
That's right, they're always the first to throw shit at the fan, and the last to admit a mistake!
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6151|Carnoustie, Scotland
PFFFFFFT!!! Without Brown petrol over here would be 50p.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6309|Éire
I didn't think Gordon would have the guts to cool relations with the US and their position on interventionism. It's sad to see that every nation is a slave to the US today... even my own, who are terrified of annoying the US for fear of a withdrawal of US companies, hence why we allow US flights through Shannon without even so much as a peak onboard despite serious allegations of 'rendition' victims being onboard. The rest of the world needs to grow a pair.

...and I had liked Gordon's beginning as PM up to now. Still, I suppose the Democrats will be in soon so we might not have to worry about any stupid wars for 4-8 years (they'll be busy setting wars up mind you).
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6498|Sheffield-England
I'm confused

Who the hell is Gordon Brown?
PureFodder
+225|6304
Most of the other comments coming out of the new leadership office appear to be angled at a more seperated stance to the US, so for the moment it looks like Gordon's hedging his bets. When it comes to an actual major decision then we'll find out if he's going to blindly drag us along with the US or not.
mikkel
+383|6620
That is just ridiculous. The world doesn't owe the US anything when it comes to fighting terrorism. The US is directly responsible for most of the anti-Western uprising in the Middle East. They may be the first to strike a blow, but that's 'cause they know that they're the reason it exists in the first place.

For the past three decades before the Madrid and London bombings, pretty much all of the international terrorism targeting the West was targeted at the US due to their incredibly poor track record on foreign relations and military action abroad. Only after the second war in Iraq have other Western countries been hit significantly. Coincidentally the very same countries that joined the US in their second war in Iraq.

The US were dealing with the repercussions of their own actions in the Middle East. The world does not owe the US anything on that account. If anything, the US has been detrimental to the rest of the world with respect to terrorism. Regardless of what some British lapdog says.

Mitch wrote:

/Agree

Ever stop to wonder if any of these problems would have existed to the same degree if the US hadn't screwed up, and instead had followed the example of those countries you listed, which seem to be doing quite well without having to live in fear?

Last edited by mikkel (2007-07-30 07:15:00)

elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6356|EsSeX

Funky_Finny wrote:

PFFFFFFT!!! Without Brown petrol over here would be 50p.
wake up breakfasts ready

I wouldnt matter what party is in power tax on fuel would only differ by a few pence
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6643|Birmingham, UK

Turquoise wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

I wouldn't say Brown is a puppet.  He's much more strong-willed than Blair.  He may have some American interests, but I have a feeling that he will run foreign policy much more prudently than Blair did.

Still, I'd suggest to the Brits that they elect a Liberal Democrat majority.  I don't think that's going to happen though.
Turquoise is quite right there! We need the Lib Dems, but they'll never get to power. A crying shame, but Brown is very likeable. He could be quite a good PM (better than Blair, and Blair was actually quite good) - I don't care who gets in as long as it isn't Cameron's Conservatives.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6735|Riva, MD
Ohh, they had dinner in MARYLAND, eat that bitches!
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6374|England - Kent
He's alright but I'm still pissed he's forcing us into the EU.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard