Poll

Will the U.S. bring back the draft in a time of war?

Yes65%65% - 62
No34%34% - 33
Total: 95
Comrade Ogilvy
+7|6131

Mekstizzle wrote:

agent146 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Lol

In the case of a massive WW3 conflict. What would be the point of needing more infantry? Walk out into the field, KABLAMMO, nuclear fireball. Everyone dies instantly. Rinse and repeat until everyone is dead.

That's the good thing about nukes. They prevent this kind of shit from happening. I pray that all the Major countries keep nukes forever, and that there will never be a way to fully stop a nuke from hitting its target. It's the only way you'll prevent full scale WW2 style conflict.
ya but i prefer ww2 style is more then "send nukes to enemy- receive enemy nukes- winner are the last one standing."
Thing is nukes are so dangerous that nobody in their right mind would use them in fear of getting some sent back. Mutually Assured Destruction has pretty much prevented what would've otherwise been certain war between the US and the Soviet Union.
"nukes are so dangerous that nobody in their right mind would use them in fear of getting some sent back.'

Except for Islamic nations now days!
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada
I'm fine with a draft, just as long as if your are drafted, you are used for homeland security rather then being sent over-seas.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6571|United States
Hard to really say. Given our technology and superior firepower I would guess that it would take quite a big war for the draft to ever be reactivated, and I personally don't see that happening in my lifetime. Null vote.
Comrade Ogilvy
+7|6131

LT.Victim wrote:

I'm fine with a draft, just as long as if your are drafted, you are used for homeland security rather then being sent over-seas.
I love seeing a "Hard Core War Gamer" stepping up to the plate..."Please don`t send me overseas to kill people"...Haaaaaa...Haaaa...
The_Mac
+96|6227
It depends--if it were the democrats, sure, we'd all get shipped off, they're inept at understanding how wars work. It isn't just manpower, which the US military has in abundance, it is the industrial capabilities, and a major factor is the skill at arms of the troops. When a government drafts, it should be only at the last resort, once a draft is implemented, a government is diluting raw men with professional soldiers--not good. These raw men are also not prepared for the full psychological effects of battle--also not good, it is not good at all forcing people who might be totally against the war to fight which would be very destructive to the war effort all in all.
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

thareaper254 wrote:

Comrade Ogilvy wrote:

The Army don`t want or need a draft for now...they believe they have a better Army without draftee`s.
Yea, draftees would be like Iraqi soldiers helping the Army.
Huh?  You mean like the volunteer Iraqi Army?  The Iraqi soldiers who wait in lines that are regularly attacked by militant bombers to discourage enlistment?  Those kind of draftees?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
I cant stand reading OPORD's
SmkenRez
+10|6366|The other side of world

Comrade Ogilvy wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

agent146 wrote:

ya but i prefer ww2 style is more then "send nukes to enemy- receive enemy nukes- winner are the last one standing."
Thing is nukes are so dangerous that nobody in their right mind would use them in fear of getting some sent back. Mutually Assured Destruction has pretty much prevented what would've otherwise been certain war between the US and the Soviet Union.
"nukes are so dangerous that nobody in their right mind would use them in fear of getting some sent back.'

^this is true
from what i know of nuclear weapons they scare the living shit out of me i hope no one would every use them again but then again there is always some crasy fucker with his finger on the button and most of them are from the middle east
SmkenRez
+10|6366|The other side of world

trackstarr wrote:

SmkenRez wrote:

aint we at war now with no draft
btw wouldnt need a draft if we got invade i hope and belive every American would defend the US.
p.s. if you dont like America GET THE FUCK OUT or DONT COME HERE!!!!!!
We are not fighting a conventional war right now
we don't know who the enemy is, kind of like Vietnam.

=Nukes are a terror weapon, and we do not want to launch nukes for the fact that there will be a strike back.
We would still have the need of infantry to hold captured land.

I believe we not have a draft
because most of us will be pissed off on a attack on the U.S.
I know what a conventional war is but I really dont know if you would consider any war the US has been in the last 60 year to be conventional warfare. I would like to think that the US has been using conventional weapon but not conventional metheds but with some of the weapons they have now its hard to say. there are lots of smart people thinking new shit up. this is a really food for the brain becuase the American people on the whole are not told the whole story till about 30 years later in most cases by then its to late to really do anything about most of the time. i could be wrong i have have been know to be from time to time.

Last edited by SmkenRez (2007-07-30 21:51:41)

trackstarr
+18|6703|Swing and a miss

Comrade Ogilvy wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

I love seeing a "Hard Core War Gamer" stepping up to the plate..."Please don`t send me overseas to kill people"...Haaaaaa...Haaaa...
Think about what you are saying
I sure as hell don't want someone in my trench who i don't know if i can trust because he does not support the cause.
People are not gonna kill if they don't have the will
Im would be more then glad for them to be in homeland

But me
if these people are harming our citizens then i must go on duty
with people who feel the same about the war.

You must trust the guy next to you

Last edited by trackstarr (2007-07-31 18:24:24)

trackstarr
+18|6703|Swing and a miss

Comrade Ogilvy wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

agent146 wrote:

Ttttttottally Dude!
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6550|San Diego, CA, USA
I agree...a volunteer army is much more effective and professional than a rag-tag drafted army.
reaper_654
confused??
+36|6298|ohio,USA
i hope not cause im screwed
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6737|Salt Lake City

Yeah, the draft doesn't work.  Just ask Clinton and GWB.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard