IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6749|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
The Israeli military has suspended from duty an entire army company following the shooting of an unarmed Palestinian man in the West Bank on Thursday.

The army said the soldiers, on a foot patrol near Hebron, had commandeered a Palestinian taxi and had shot a man who had come near them.

It said the troops had then failed to give first aid to the wounded man or report the incident.

The Israeli soldiers said they believed the man had been acting suspiciously.

One report said they had mistaken a spade he had been carrying for a gun.

The Israeli military police are now investigating the incident.

The wounded Palestinian was eventually evacuated by the Israeli army and treated for his injuries inside Israel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle … 918936.stm
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
Lies. All lies.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6762|United States of America
Next time shoot more please.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6627|London, England
Hmm, that's good I suppose. It also shows that Israel is actually more civilised than their opponents. Maybe people will respect them abit more.

Miller wrote:

What do you have against these people, as to wanting there to not be peace between them? I mean, honestly speaking I couldn't give two fucks about Israelis or Arabs, but that doesn't mean I want them to be killing each other forever. Why do you want them to be constantly fighting?

I think someone needs to open their eyes abit and realise that Liveleak and News casts of bombs and shit flying off shouldn't really be classed as entertainment.
san4
The Mas
+311|6695|NYC, a place to live
It is a nice story, but it highlights the embarrassing fact that Israel does not discipline its soldiers more frequently. There are hundreds of stories of arbitrary abuse at checkpoints and there should be a corresponding number of stories about soldiers being disciplined.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6588|SE London

Wow, the Israelis actually holding their soldiers accountable for their actions!

Good for them.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6525|Πάϊ
Bravo indeed. Quite unexpected... good for them.

Miller wrote:

Next time stfu.
ƒ³
Commie Killer
+192|6393

oug wrote:

Miller wrote:

Next time stfu.
Im pretty sure he was just being sarcastic and stiring the pot.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6400|The Gem Saloon

IG-Calibre wrote:

The wounded Palestinian was eventually evacuated by the Israeli army and treated for his injuries inside Israel.
that means they killed him...probably after many hours of torture.
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6374|Cali

Parker wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

that means they killed him...probably after many hours of torture.
probly
agent146
+127|6393|Jesus Land aka Canada

ATG wrote:

Lies. All lies.
LOL
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6525|Πάϊ

Commie Killer wrote:

oug wrote:

Miller wrote:

Next time stfu.
I'm pretty sure his sarcasm was unsuccessful.
ƒ³
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6556|CH/BR - in UK

Well, if they continue along this path, there may be hope after all...
It's an improvement, but considering their low standards, that's not saying much.

-konfusion
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6588|SE London

Commie Killer wrote:

oug wrote:

Miller wrote:

Next time stfu.
Maybe. But I'd consider that considerably more racist than what ghettoperson was banned for - and that was very, very obviously just humour aimed at Mac users.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
that's true ^

killings happen. remember the time the guy ran onto the tube in london because he was late, and he was shot because he was running towards the train with a bag? he died there. I am pretty sure the "whole forces" are not on suspension, though.
The_Mac
+96|6232
As far as I knew, wanting peace for the Arabs meaning them carrying more bombs on children, and car bombing.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6588|SE London

leetkyle wrote:

killings happen. remember the time the guy ran onto the tube in london because he was late, and he was shot because he was running towards the train with a bag? he died there. I am pretty sure the "whole forces" are not on suspension, though.
It doesn't happen on a daily/weekly basis over here though - and the situation there was somewhat different, he wasn't running because he was late, he ran because he was an illegal immigrant who didn't want the police chasing him. There have been numerous reports by seperate organisations about how the IDF is not properly controlled by the Israeli government and often act unilaterally without any government authorisation.

Typically Israeli soldiers involved in this sort of action don't even face the possibility of prosecution and I commend the Israeli government for their actions in this instance.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6556|CH/BR - in UK

leetkyle wrote:

that's true ^

I remember. He was Brazilian, if I'm not mistaken...

-konfusion
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6749|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Bertster7 wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

It doesn't happen on a daily/weekly basis over here though - and the situation there was somewhat different, he wasn't running because he was late, he ran because he was an illegal immigrant who didn't want the police chasing him. There have been numerous reports by seperate organisations about how the IDF is not properly controlled by the Israeli government and often act unilaterally without any government authorisation.

Typically Israeli soldiers involved in this sort of action don't even face the possibility of prosecution and I commend the Israeli government for their actions in this instance.
QFICBA!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562
What came over them!?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6588|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

What came over them!?
It's Tony Blair working his magic as Middle East Envoy
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6411|North Carolina

Bertster7 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

What came over them!?
If that's true, there's going to be another war soon.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6588|SE London

Turquoise wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

What came over them!?
Sorry - should I have put sarcasm tags on that.....
BVC
+325|6702
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

And here was me, upon reading the subject, thinking WW3 had broken out and that I'd have to to 1,000,000 and 1 pressups and go die overseas...

+1 to Israel!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6411|North Carolina

Bertster7 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Sorry - should I have put sarcasm tags on that.....
lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard