Poll

XBOX360 OWNERS ONLY -can do it over again now, knowing what you know:

I would buy the XBOX360 again.65%65% - 86
I would get the PS3 instead.34%34% - 46
Total: 132
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6390
THE POLE IS FOR XBOX360 OWNERS PLEASE <---- sadly probably is not going to happen.

PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A SYSTEM SPEC WAR OR EXCLUSIVE GAME WAR.
I ALREADY HAVE A PC AND NOT INTERESTED IN THE WII AT THIS TIME.

I have always liked the PS controllers better than the XBOX360, but I can adapt.
I hear too many reports of the ring of death for me to feel confident with the 360 - seems like a gamble.
Warranty or not I do NOT want to send something in for repair.
I do like the cheaper price of the 360 though and the larger list of games available for rent.
I am only interested in a few games anyway, which are/will be on both systems.
Now that PS3 has dropped its price I am really undecided on which I will get, but leaning towards the PS3.
I like the controller better, included features and less reports of issues.

I would like to hear experiences from owners of the 360 and PS3 and what you think of them now that you have owned them for awhile.

EDIT:
Never cared for the Halo games.

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2007-07-25 14:56:02)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
NuShadow
Captain Fantastic
+24|6484|woodbridge, VA
I haven't had a problem with mine at all.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
360 Elite ftw. ATM, 360 has the best games, utilising the whole of the system. Plus, Halo is a massive boon to the 360. However, when the PS3 games   "war machine" gets going, IE Xmas, then, i shall see. Until then, 360 ftw (atm)

Plus- 360 Controller is so much more intuitive than the PS2 PS3 Controller, especially for shooters/driving games. Which is crucial, as these tend to be the best selling games on ANY high end games-console.

Last edited by fatherted13 (2007-07-25 14:55:43)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
for right now, problems aside 360>ps3
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6685|West Yorkshire, U.K
I don't have an xbox 360 or a ps but i voted anyway.
west-phoenix-az
+632|6390

Kurazoo wrote:

Makes pole worthless, I knew it would happen.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6754|Florida, United States

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

Makes pole worthless, I knew it would happen.
You cant control who votes or not.

I would go for the 360 because of the large selection of Games
Kylau
+9|6706|Washington
HALO HALO HALO I don't care if you dont like them or not. Oh and Gears of War and Forza Motorsport too

EDIT: Oh and Playstations have their problems too. Like not coming with HD cables, what kind of bullshit is that eh?

Last edited by Kylau (2007-07-25 15:07:18)

west-phoenix-az
+632|6390

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

You cant control who votes or not.
Never claimed I could, I just requested who does.
People cannot respect others wishes.
They do as they want anyway, which makes the pole completed worthless for its intended purposes.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6695|The Ville
if you want the elite just paint your xbox black and buy the hard drive.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

fatherted13 wrote:

360 Elite ftw. ATM, 360 has the best games, utilising the whole of the system. Plus, Halo is a massive boon to the 360. However, when the PS3 games   "war machine" gets going, IE Xmas, then, i shall see. Until then, 360 ftw (atm)

Plus- 360 Controller is so much more intuitive than the PS2 PS3 Controller, especially for shooters/driving games. Which is crucial, as these tend to be the best selling games on ANY high end games-console.
Yeah thats what im thinking, the games for PS3 coming out Christmas or new year truely look KICK ASS!
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6641|Your moms bedroom
45 minutes of using the x-box controller and you will have mastered it
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6721|Scotland

west-phoenix-az wrote:

why?
west-phoenix-az
+632|6390

Airwolf wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

why?
I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a system just to be without it when I want to play a game?
Don't get me wrong sh*t happens and thats what warranties are for.
I don't to want to expect to need it and thats how I feel it may be with the 360.

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2007-07-25 15:33:54)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas
I play Xbox360 at work about 2 or 3 hours a day.  I like the graphics and all but it just seems to goddamned complicated to be any fun.  Just getting the game in and hooked up Live is WAY to much trouble and the games are complicated as fuck as well.  For instance, last night me and a friend decided to pop in some 2K Baseball game and it literally took us 15 minutes to figure out how to swing the bat and throw a curve ball.  Forza is ok, but I found the cars incredibly difficult to control and the lack of....well....places to go, sucked.  I also played Dirt, which was really fun, hard to control but fun none the less.  The mere fact Dirt is singleplayer only sucks ass, not to mention there are glitches where the truck will get stuck and you can't get out of it.  You have to reset the vehicle and get penalized because you high-centered on a rock. 

I haven't played PS3, but I would NEVER buy a 360 for home.  Too much headache for too much money.  That is why I despise console games.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6657|The View From The Afternoon
No regrets yet, I have owned my 360 for 1 1/2 year and no problems at all whatsoever.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

I don't own either. But I live with people who do and I'd go for the 360 - at the moment.
Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6642|7th level of hell

Kurazoo wrote:

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

I want one, but they can go fist themselves for what they are charging for it.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6480|Sheffield-England
PS3 sucks
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6652|United States
My xbox 360 broke but I'm going to send it to Microsoft so they can repair my 360.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6480|Sheffield-England

Private_Adam wrote:

My xbox 360 broke but I'm going to send it to Microsoft so they can repair my 360.
I'm on my fifth 360 since september
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

I've got a PS3, it's not bad. I do admit there's a drought of games, but I figure around September or October we'll start seeing good ones (Guitar Hero III and GTA4 anyone?). The built in blu-ray functionality is also nice since, well, HD DVD seems all but done for.

PS3 also has the latest version of HDMI if I'm not mistaken, along with built-in WiFi.

If you can wait out a few months until the great games start coming out, PS3. If you absolutely must have the latest and greatest games though, 360 might be good. You can also play some PS2 classics (upscaling them doesn't look too bad), I myself have kept busy with Guitar Hero I (I hear that the PS2 to PS3 converter I have has troubles with GH2). Also, normal DVDs look a lot better upscaled. Resistance: Fall of Man is an OK shooter, nothing epic but it kills time and it's not a total bore.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6449

I got a PS3 yesterday. I didn't know which one to get either. Both systems are great. However, most 360's break and that's the only reason I didn't get one. So the PS3 have the advantage on the reliability side
Regarding online- xbox live is the winner, hands down. However, when HOME is out, and Sony improve the XMB things will differ.
The games on the 360 are better atm. However, from September onwards, the PS3 will have massive number of games. Alot of exclusives, that's not important though.

I will list the games that are coming for both systems, and you can look for them

PS3:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Heavenly Sword
Little Big Planet
Lair
WarHawk
Killzone 2 - Click on my sig
MGS4
UT3
Haze
GT5

360:
Halo 3
Mass Effect
BioShock
PGR 4
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Lost Odyssey
Viva PiƱata
Fable 2
Halo Wars

And you got games such as Assassin's Creed, GTAIV, Rockband- on both systems.

Also, note that most 360 games come to the PC after a year or so, i.e. GOW and HALO. Check the games that you are interested in. It's your money- you decide.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2007-07-25 17:56:02)

USARANGER01
+35|6649|America
xbox 360 ftw
i have never had any problems at all with mine, and setting up and using LIVE is easy and quick, plus its probably the best part of the 360

and the 360 already hsa a shitload of awsome games, with more to come
(i mean, halo 3 alone is enough to make me buy a 360 if i didnt already have one)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard