kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
I'm not quite sure if it makes the cut into D&ST but it most certainly is not drunk drawer material. I've seen a lot of threads about this and posts of how "NASCAR does not take skill".

In my opinion, NASCAR is great:

1. Just because they travel for most of the time, doesn't mean that it doesn't take skill. The drivers have to stay in perfect draft sync with each other, otherwise they will go straight to the back;

2. NASCAR is extremely exciting to watch. You might turn it on, and just watch them go left - and then turn it off. You haven't seen any of it. There are normally huge crashes, insanely exciting last laps between two cars - just a few races ago, 1st and 2nd place were just 0.05 seconds apart. This is my particular favourite video of NASCAR excitement:

- kyle.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK
Driving around a oval 50000 times takes skill?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
nlsme
+48|6413|new york
I think the arguement would be better stated as "Even though Nascar takes less skill then most any organized racing, it still takes skill."
xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6149|Some Pub in Valletta
Haven't seen too many nascar races, though I'm European...
But think I'm more of an WRC dude. Rally man Rally
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

m3thod wrote:

No...but this does....

Today i will be hating USMarine1805.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

Wow someone from across the pond loves an american sport ...................... yeah Nascar is thrilling

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6520
been to 4 races, they are fun as hell and extremely entertaining
m3thod
+2,197|6669|UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

No...but this does....

Do you blame me? You wont share sniffing rights with Anne Coulters soiled panties.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

its funny how alot of people are like "no skill" but have never tried to drive at 200+mph with 40+ guys all trying for 1st place
topal63
. . .
+533|6716

m3thod wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

No...but this does....

Do you blame me? You wont share sniffing rights with Anne Coulters soiled panties.
I am still uspset because he offered me a box of chocolate - and never delivered on that promise.

Last edited by topal63 (2007-07-25 13:25:27)

m3thod
+2,197|6669|UK

SEREMAKER wrote:

its funny how alot of people are like "no skill" but have never tried to drive at 200+mph with 40+ guys all trying for 1st place
So the skill is.....avoiding crashing into one another....excuse me while I stick to F1.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6520

SEREMAKER wrote:

qft anybody that says any kind of racing takes no skill is a fucking idiot

m3thod wrote:

So the skill is.....avoiding crashing into one another....excuse me while I stick to F1.
like this guy

Last edited by ig (2007-07-25 13:23:42)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland

m3thod wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Did you even read my first post? ...
m3thod
+2,197|6669|UK

leetkyle wrote:

m3thod wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Did you even read my first post? ...
Still not impressed.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
Yeah, nice D&ST talk there.. "pothead"

I watch F1 too and the last race was brilliant, but almost every NASCAR race has that level of crashing and spinning. F1 is great, but I would choose NASCAR over it!

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-07-25 13:28:16)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
I believe I saw that race. That particular clip is as much as, if not more exciting than the F1 races I've seen, although they are supposedly the nectar of the racing gods I was unimpressed. NASCAR may turn left, while F1 turns left AND right---big whoop It's just as impressive.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6392|The Gem Saloon
not much into racing, though i did a bit of kart racing in my past.
i have to say though, ANY type of racing takes an amount of skill. whether that skill is knowledge in your machine and what it can do, or the ability to take what the road can throw at you....its all skill either way.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland

Parker wrote:

not much into racing, though i did a bit of kart racing in my past.
i have to say though, ANY type of racing takes an amount of skill. whether that skill is knowledge in your machine and what it can do, or the ability to take what the road can throw at you....its all skill either way.
never thought of it that way.. he's right, too!
nlsme
+48|6413|new york
Who karma'd me?

LOL now you did. whoever is out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nlsme (2007-07-25 13:42:35)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6735

Just a regular question, does NASCAR regulate the ammount of power one car can have, or is it like free for all (like F1.)?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Of course NASCAR takes skill, it's just less skill than F1 which in turn requires less skill than WRC - how those rally drivers drive like that and stay alive baffles me. Rallying's insane - but interesting to watch. the only downside is they don't race head to head.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Bernadictus wrote:

Just a regular question, does NASCAR regulate the ammount of power one car can have, or is it like free for all (like F1.)?
its highly regulated
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
Anyone who loves NASCAR here?

Good.

Nascar is ghey.
nlsme
+48|6413|new york

SEREMAKER wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

its highly regulated
Everything in Nascar is HIGHLY regulated. Weight, power, tires, shape. Everthing has a limit.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6558

Bertster7 wrote:

Of course NASCAR takes skill, it's just less skill than F1 which in turn requires less skill than WRC - how those rally drivers drive like that and stay alive baffles me. Rallying's insane - but interesting to watch. the only downside is they don't race head to head.
How many passes do you see in a F1 race. Very little if any. Nascar takes more "driving in traffic" skills.

Last edited by rawls2 (2007-07-25 13:39:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard