Poll

Would you?

Hesitate24%24% - 39
Engage without hesitation75%75% - 118
Total: 157
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6649|Ohio
depends on who the woman was. If it was like a hottie then no, but if it was an ugly, then ya.
Reciprocity
+721|6585|the dank(super) side of Oregon
is this chick fat?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6228|Escea

Reciprocity wrote:

is this chick fat?
No specific looks tbh, just if the person holding the weapon was a woman.
CodePhoeniX
+13|6220|USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

Imagine that you are a soldier fighting in an urban environment, you enter a room and are confronted with a clearly identifiable woman holding a weapon, we all know that sometimes we men take a different attitude toward women than we do men, so I ask would you hesitate to fire, or fire without hesitation? This was a conversation I had with some mates of mine and I said that I would probably hesitate, though I'm not a soldier so I don't know if your training would take over for this situation.
ok... I enter this so called "room" as a solider, and I am confronted with a clearly identifiable woman (as in i know her name? Brittany Spears is an clearly identifiable woman, or are you saying there is no doubt that the person is woman?) holding a weapon. Someone holding a weapon in Iraq is not a threat until they fire at you. If she were to be pointing a weapon at the door when i came in, and then proceeded to lower it, i would hesitate for an infinite amount of time.  If she were to be pointing a weapon at the door when i came in, and kept it raised, i would subdue her, and again i would hesitate to fire for an infinite amount of time. However, If she were to raise a weapon, or procede to fire with an already raised weapon, i would fire/[b]return]/b] fire/get shot with no hesitation.

Again, not everyone in Iraq that has a weapon is an insurgent/Al Qaeda/evil Iraqi bent on killing Americans.

So, i had to null vote.

Last edited by CodePhoeniX (2007-07-24 18:01:11)

Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6225|cs_connecticut‬‭
Yes. Shoot.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6648
honestly, those of us who have been in situations similiar to the one you are describing dont see the issue here.  youll think it silly to even think there was a question as to whether or not to hesitate.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6228|Escea

CodePhoeniX wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Imagine that you are a soldier fighting in an urban environment, you enter a room and are confronted with a clearly identifiable woman holding a weapon, we all know that sometimes we men take a different attitude toward women than we do men, so I ask would you hesitate to fire, or fire without hesitation? This was a conversation I had with some mates of mine and I said that I would probably hesitate, though I'm not a soldier so I don't know if your training would take over for this situation.
ok... I enter this so called "room" as a solider, and I am confronted with a clearly identifiable woman (as in i know her name? Brittany Spears is an clearly identifiable woman, or are you saying there is no doubt that the person is woman?) holding a weapon. Someone holding a weapon in Iraq is not a threat until they fire at you. If she were to be pointing a weapon at the door when i came in, and then proceeded to lower it, i would hesitate for an infinite amount of time.  If she were to be pointing a weapon at the door when i came in, and kept it raised, i would subdue her, and again i would hesitate to fire for an infinite amount of time. However, If she were to raise a weapon, or procede to fire with an already raised weapon, i would fire/[b]return]/b] fire/get shot with no hesitation.

Again, not everyone in Iraq that has a weapon is an insurgent/Al Qaeda/evil Iraqi bent on killing Americans.
It is so that you would know it was a woman, basically by her physical features etc, and the scenario is if she kept the weapon raised with the intent of killing you asap.
trippy982
+34|6403
If you threw a frag grenade into the room before entering that would solve the question wouldn't it?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6648

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

honestly, those of us who have been in situations similiar to the one you are describing dont see the issue here.  youll think it silly to even think there was a question as to whether or not to hesitate.
I dont care if it was the pope, if somebody has a rifle in their hands and is ready to use it on me or my buddies, best believe im gonna get the drop on them before they get it on me.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6648

trippy982 wrote:

If you threw a frag grenade into the room before entering that would solve the question wouldn't it?
no, you still gotta go in and make sure the grenade did the job. gotta clear and mark the room.
SoC./Omega
+122|6546|Omaha, Nebraska!

M.O.A.B wrote:

I would hesitate. Just a little.

Oh, does your name mean mother of all bombs? lol I think i just figured that out.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6228|Escea

SoC./Omega wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

I would hesitate. Just a little.

Oh, does your name mean mother of all bombs? lol I think i just figured that out.
It does , or Massive Ordinance Air Blast, either one will do.
trippy982
+34|6403

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

trippy982 wrote:

no, you still gotta go in and make sure the grenade did the job. gotta clear and mark the room.
If that's the case, either I throw another one, or go in and aim for the headshot.  As you can see, doesn't matter much who the enemy is.  War is war.  Dog eat dog.  Saving the lives of friendlies and myself always outweighs a death of an enemy no matter who or what it is.  Of course I would feel bad afterwards and quite possibly even during the action, but I wouldn't regret the action, because it had to be done.  Stay focus on the goal.  The goal isn't to kill another person.  The goal is to win the war, killing is just the unfortunate by product.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6547|Texas - Bigger than France
hesitate, even if its a man/boy/dog etc.  if the gun is pointed my way, then no
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

no
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

Pug wrote:

hesitate, even if its a man/boy/dog etc.  if the gun is pointed my way, then no
Funny you should mention dog, because in the battle for Stalingrad the Russians trained dogs to find food under tanks. So when the German army moved into the city, a dog would be strapped with an AT mine on its back, so that when the dog dives under the moving tank to find food the At mine clips the tank and goes off.

It took awhile for the Germans to get the message through to the tank crews that they were to shoot on site any dogs they saw.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
David.P
Banned
+649|6279
I learned this from a nam vet along time ago. "The charlies would do anything to screw with your mind boy, They'd give the kids AK47's and tell them you've come to kill their family's and burn their village, They would tell the women the Americans enjoyed the taste of Vietnamese Children, They were told that Americans enjoyed skinning children alive and roasting them over an open fire, When you came across a group of kids playing kick the rock with Ak's on strapped to their backs you learned pretty quickly they would'nt hesitate to shoot and neither should you"

I think thats how he said i dont remember it all(Since it was 10 years ago atleast)

So no I would'nt hesitate for a second i'd blow their head off before they blew mine.

Last edited by David.P (2007-07-24 19:05:13)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6294|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Even with training, I'd probably hesitate.

That'd get me shot, but hell, I know that's what I'll probably do.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
trackstarr
+18|6706|Swing and a miss
Well if it is a threat then you have to

I am a man, but i am doing my job. Anything harmful to me or my squadmates then i must take out the threat.
Hell id feel bad if i was wrong and she was innocent
but its better to feel bad then to have risk my life or my squads life
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6771|Cambridge (UK)
I never want to be in that situation, so I'm not sure I'm qualified to answer.

But, in general, if it's a case of kill or be killed, I'd kill first and repent later.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6452|Chicago, IL
probably, more to see if the weapon is aimed at me than to decide on the ethics of shooting a civillian woman.  if she's aiming at me, she's dead.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6410|North Carolina

M.O.A.B wrote:

It depends on how she's holding the weapon.  If she's pointing it at me or one of my buddies, I'd cap her without a second thought.

If I've clearly caught her off guard, I'd demand she drop the weapon.  Failing that, of course, I'd shoot.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6399|The Gem Saloon
i could never really know until i was in said situation.....i would like to think that i could take down threats no matter my feelings towards them. at the end of the day its them or you.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

Nil.

Back out of the room, call for the Abrams to fire into the building. After that, sweep in and kill her offspring with a combination of hand to hand techniques and small arms fire.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6771|Cambridge (UK)
https://a924.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/80/m_e2988038b3ca6ef9780bc0d4999ae05b.gif

That image is just w, r, o, n, g, WRONG.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-07-24 20:18:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard